The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful! What are the stones in the necklace? It is difficult to see them properly. They look like they are a dark color.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Beautiful! What are the stones in the necklace? It is difficult to see them properly. They look like they are a dark color.
I think the necklace is very beautiful! It has pearls and blue stones: maybe sapphires? To me the stones appear quite light for sapphires, but I am no expert.
On this blog there is a great close-up of the necklace which was often worn by Princess Victoria: ZweedseJuweeltjes: Ketting

Old 04-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Tilia C.;925210]I think the necklace is very beautiful! It has pearls and blue stones: maybe sapphires? To me the stones appear quite light for sapphires, but I am no expert.
I also wondered the same thing. I always thought that the stones were too light to be sapphires, but maybe still a bit too dark to be aquamarines. Maybe they're blue topaz.

I guess that they may actually be sapphires since the lighting from the camera could make them appear lighter if there's a glare.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
ueen Victoria wore it when she arrived to Sweden..
Old 04-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful Queen Silvia.

http://i39.tinypic.com/xfxm4i.jpg
Old 04-23-2009, 12:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Regarding the cut steel tiara, please check out Hannah Reginas post # 80, Marengo!
The story surrounding the tiara of the cut steel parure (there's a matching choker necklace and earrings) is amazing as it seems it was FOUND by Queen Silvia in some Stockholm Palace cupboard in the late 1970's. It was 'lost' until she re-discovered it by accident.
There's no 'Clary' inheritance among the Bernadotte jewels - the Clary family wasn't nobility but fabric traders...
The historic Bernadotte emerald necklace and brooch used to be part of the first Bernadotte King's jeweled sash, so it was originally men's jewelry! Pic:
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
As for sharing jewelry or not: After all, Queen Silvia IS the Queen... and as a matter of fact, there are 'only' five tiaras left which Queen Silvia wears exclusively these days: The Braganca, the Leuchtenberg sapphire, the cameo, the Edward VII ruby and the nine prong tiaras. All the other tiaras are being shared with the Princesses, also the King's sisters.
I actually like the concept that while some tiaras are shared, others do stay with one Royal lady as their signature pieces. Better than everybody grabbing everything (like in The Netherlands) or everybody clinging to what's theirs (Great Britain). Seems like the best of both worlds to me in Sweden.
i made the part of the emerald necklace bald
Info from Boris.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I think the necklace is very beautiful! It has pearls and blue stones: maybe sapphires? To me the stones appear quite light for sapphires, but I am no expert.
On this blog there is a great close-up of the necklace which was often worn by Princess Victoria: ZweedseJuweeltjes: Ketting
The necklace worn for the second gala consists of diamonds, pearls and indeed sapphires.
It's called the 'arrival necklace', as it was originally given by the later King Gustaf V to his bride Viktoria of Baden when she arrived for the first time in Sweden before their wedding in the year 1881.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have so enjoyed watching the Queen. She really made the Dutch pull out all the stops this visit. She seems to really enjoy wearing her jewelry, and I have loved having a front row spot to watch!!
Old 05-20-2009, 10:20 AM
Nobility

what amazing jewels.... Silvia is soooo pretty

http://i31.tinypic.com/2nk2akn.jpg
Old 05-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Beautiful jewels,but too big for my taste
Old 05-24-2009, 03:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Silvia was wearing a new pair of aquamarine and diamond earrings when attending the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha wedding in Coburg yesterday:
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/8724/ppe09052321.jpg
Also worn: One of her twisted pearl necklaces and a modern diamond bar brooch she has had for a couple of years.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Majesty

it is known that queen elisabeth and diana got jewllery from the arab world
has silvia gotten eny jewllery?
Old 06-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
it is known that queen elisabeth and diana got jewllery from the arab world
has silvia gotten eny jewllery?
Queen Silvia's contemporary cabochon ruby set, consisting of matching necklace, earrings, two bracelets and ring, was most probably a gift from the Sultan of Brunei in 2005:

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/570/gala02.jpg

I'm quite certain that at least some of Queen Silvia's sets of emeralds, four seperate modern ones altogether, are gifts from Arab rulers.

Even Silvia's modern diamond fringe tiara/necklace, shared with Princess Madeleine, could fall in the category.
It was always claimed (but never confirmed) that the piece is a 10th wedding anniversary gift from the King, but the style of it is very similar to the Harry Winston necklaces received by Queen Elizabeth II from Saudi Arabian Royals around the same time of the Swedish state visit to Saudi Arabia in 1981 - and the jewelry gifts to Queen Silvia which she must have received during that visit were never made public.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Majesty

thank you so much Boris
you are awsome giving details to the swedish royal jewllery.

i hope we will see some gals in the near future...
the ruby necklace is not my favorite but i like that the jewllery box grows a bit
and have a hard time seeing a younger women with such a necklace so i would not like to see madeleine or victoria with this necklace
but i am all for being proved wrong
Old 06-09-2009, 01:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sylvia has some of the most gorgeous jewelry. And she wears it very well. So regal!
Old 06-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Majesty

what is the difference between Demiparure and Suite?
Old 06-18-2009, 03:47 AM
Commoner

A demi-parure usually consists of a necklace, brooch, and bracelet. There are variations which can include a ring, belt, or other such things; but a necklace is almost always part of a demi-parure. You may look to Queen Silvia's emerald demi-parure as an example of this, or in the British royal jewels, the Kent amethyst demi-parure.

A suite is a full parure--usually a tiara, necklace, bracelet, brooch, ring, etc. It's possible that a suite can be just a tiara and necklace. A concrete example of this is the Leuchtenberg suite in the Swedish royal family.

I hope this helps
Old 06-18-2009, 05:12 AM
Majesty

so in sweden ther are 4 Suite/parure
Leuchtenberg suite - tiara, necklace, earings, brooches, hairpins
Cameo -Tiara, necklace, earings, brooch
Amethyst suite - Tiara, necklace, bracelet, earing, brooches
Napoleonic Cut-Steel suite - Tiara, necklace (bracelet?)

demi-parure 3
Emerald demi-parure - necklace, brooches
Pink Topaz demi-parure - necklace, earings, brooch
Pearl demi-parure - Necklace, earings
New Emerald demi-parure - Necklace earing

Have i forgotten any?
Old 06-19-2009, 12:10 AM
Commoner

Pretty sure you got them all!
Old 06-19-2009, 08:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Silvia has several more contemporary demi-parures:
- There are four different modern emerald demi-parures altogether, each with matching necklace, earrings and bracelet;
- The cabochon ruby set from Brunei of necklace, earrings, and two bracelets;
- A modern set of diamonds with pendant necklace, earrings, bracelet and ring
- and a modern set in yellow gold and green tourmaline

Tags
jewellery, queen silvia, sweden