Queen Silvia Jewellery 1: February 2003-October 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what would i do with out you
and all others that help out with these things thank you so much
I will add it later on

are there any historic rings in the family?

historic Bernadotte emerald necklace

Last edited:
  • Royal dinner december 11, 1997

Attachments

• 0000335984-007.jpg
    0000335984-007.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 368
  • pre-SEEGER00083693.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00083693.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 457
Last edited:
Josefine, first of all: Thanks again for posting great pics.
Regarding the emerald necklace you posted on 'Queen Silvia Jewelry II' (Post 54): The necklace plus matching earrings, bracelet & brooch (the last two rarely worn) are modern, and they were a gift to the Queen by the King in the mid-eighties.
But the last pic on your post # 54 (with Queen Silvia wearing a pink dress) shows a totally different set of emerald necklace and earrings. She has only worn it for about two or three years and the provenance is unknown. If you look closely, you'll see that the earrings (much longer & dangling) and the necklace (two cabochon center stones) are indeed different from the other set.
I think the new one was first worn on a state visit to Bulgaria (in 2002?).
So Queen Silvia does indeed have two complete different modern demi-parures of diamond & emeralds.
Plus the historic Bernadotte emerald necklace, of course.
The black pearl necklace with the diamond center and the necklace with very large multi-colourded pearls in grey, black and yellow seem to be new additions to her collection as well.

new emerald necklace

from Boris
modern demi-parures of diamond & emeralds
She has only worn it for about two or three years and the provenance is unknown.
I think the new one was first worn on a state visit to Bulgaria (in 2002?).

Last edited:
the events she has worn this necklace

Attachments

• 50781369.jpg
    50781369.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 928
PS, one question - and excuse me if I'm being naive:
I'm relatively new to this board so I don't quite understand why the thread 'Queen Silvia jewelry II' has already been closed to any answers/new posts? That thread is not that long......?
By the way, the diamond earrings Queen Silvia wore in Brunei (see above) seem to be of modern design too; very unusual shape & very beautiful. I would guess that they were a wedding gift as the Queen been wearing them for a long time but I've never seen a historic photo of a former Swedish Royal lady wearing these particular earrings.

i thought it was easier when sorting out the different jewllery she had to have the thread closed not having posts that are opinion and not facts
this may sound strange..
then when ready i do not know if it will be merged with this one or keep it closed as a fact thread and fill the thread as it comes new photos of the jewllery or new jewllery

i decided to merge the threads

is it any necklces that i have forgotten that is a big dealhistoric or valueble

Last edited:
the evensts she has worn this necklace

• ?
  • Victorias christining 1977

Attachments

• showLayoutImage.jpg
    showLayoutImage.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 402
  • showLayoutImage.jpg
    showLayoutImage.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 629
  • 10662876_1.jpg
    10662876_1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 592
Last edited:
i need some help are these from the same event

photos 1 and 2
photos 3 and 4
photos 5 and 6

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 519
  • aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 355
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 283
  • ff.jpg
    ff.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 462
  • uu.jpg
    uu.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 514
  • u.jpg
    u.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 511
is this her engagment ring

Attachments

• Untitled-12.jpg
    Untitled-12.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 426
Regarding post # 225:
All pics are from the same event, respectively.
# 1 & 2: Nobel 1977
# 3 & 4: Nobel 1986
# 5 & 6: State visit from Finland to Sweden, in 2000 (would be a great Nobel dress, by the way)

The ring in the picture is not Queen Silvia's engagement ring. I remember reading somewhere that she got a classical diamond solitaire ring (app. 2 cts) which, either the stone or the whole ring, was inherited from the King's late mother. There haven't been any really good pics of the ring.

I think that the floral earrings Queen Silvia wore in Brunei and CP Victoria at the Spanish wedding are quite old. The style and the setting in the largest stones look very archaic. But I would assume that this old earrings would have hooks and not sticks... Hm, maybe they have been modified a little.

The amethyst necklace is made of two bracelets, at least according to the picture in which Queen Silvia shows the amethyst parure rearranged.

The Leuchtenberg sapphire parure includes BTW also two hairpins. The earrings are remounted from another pair of hairpins.

The historical emerald necklace is a donation to the Bernadotteska stiftelserna by Carl XIV Johan. The necklace was originally a shoulder strap worn in ceremonial uniforms. Woah!

Somebody once stated that the diamond buttons, another donation from Carl Johan to the Bernadotteska stiftelserna, are of two different designs. Therefore the unusual even number of flowers on each tiara.

I still seem to have great problems posting. My message was erased... :(

The picture above isn't of Q Silvia's engagement ring which is a classical diamond solitaire with app. 2 cts stone. The King inherited either the stone or whole ring from his late mother.

The Leuchtenberg sapphire parure include also a pair of hair pins. Another, slightly larger pair of hair pins have been remounted as earrings.

The historical emerald necklace is a donation from Carl XIV Johan to the Bernadotteska-stiftelserna. The necklace was originally a shoulder strap used in a ceremonial uniform in the French court.

The diamond buttons which are another donation by Carl Johan are said to be of two different designs. It's hard to see differences by the normal a bit blurry magazine pictures. But the differences could well explain the a bit unusual even number of flowers in the tiaras.

I think that the floral earrings which Q Silvia was wearing in Brunei are of an old make. In a good and clear photo you can see the old fashioned settings of the largest pear-shaped diamonds.

are these dubbles from the same event

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 280
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 299
are these two from the same evenst if so what evenst was it

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 566
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 862
Napoleonic Amethyst Tiara?
Is there anyone who has worn it as a necklace
i mean the tiara was a necklace from the beginning then later turned into a tiara

i know now that one of carl gustafsisters has worn it as the neclace i will try to find a photo

Amethyst Tiara as Necklace: Pic

Here is the pic...

Attachments

• zzz_edited.jpg
    zzz_edited.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:
thank you

and here is from last night

Attachments

• 1111.jpg
    1111.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 303
Mia said:
The ring in the picture is not Queen Silvia's engagement ring. I remember reading somewhere that she got a classical diamond solitaire ring (app. 2 cts) which, either the stone or the whole ring, was inherited from the King's late mother. There haven't been any really good pics of the ring.
to bad there is no good photo of the engagment ring

I think that the floral earrings Queen Silvia wore in Brunei and CP Victoria at the Spanish wedding are quite old. The style and the setting in the largest stones look very archaic. But I would assume that this old earrings would have hooks and not sticks... Hm, maybe they have been modified a little.
i would love to see some close up photo of this earing

how many broches does she have

i can someone tell me about these necklaces

Attachments

• showLayoutImage1.jpg
    showLayoutImage1.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 392
  • showLayoutImage.jpg
    showLayoutImage.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
do you think the queen will get a new tiara from her husband in the future

Josefine said:
do you think the queen will get a new tiara from her husband in the future

I have a question. Which of the tiaras are personally hers? Which ones were given to her by her husband? I thought they were all part of the family foundation that she borrows from.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
I have a question. Which of the tiaras are personally hers? Which ones were given to her by her husband? I thought they were all part of the family foundation that she borrows from.
Maybe an expert can answer that, I can't give you the complete answer, but I know a little. And I think that the jewellery that are not part of the Bernadotte Foundation will continue to be within the Royal Family, so they're not really Queen Silvia's private in the sense that she can give, sell or testament them away. At least not the tiaras and major pieces of jewellery.

There are quite a lot of personal jewellery in the Royal Family (that doesn't belong to the Bernadotte Foundation), among them are:

The King Edward VII's Ruby Tiara
The Connaught Diamond Tiara
The 10th Wedding Anniversary Diamond Tiara/The King Carl XVI Gustaf Tiara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom