Queen Rania Jewellery 1 (Oct 2003-Oct 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the green floral tiara made out of? Crystals or something? I don't think they were emeralds right?

it was a real tiara. In the old thread there's a link to the jeweller's website.
apparently it was borrowed.
no let me correct myself...we dont know for sure that it was borrowed.
The emerald tiara was made by Boucheron. It was on their website which doesnt seem to be working right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
another ring.
It looks like a big gold ring with three rows of different coloured stones.
(pics from Petra)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 833
Queen Rania in Bahrain, June 12, 2005, wearing two simple, layered bead necklaces. Pics from Petra

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 386
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 338
~*~Humera~*~ said:
no let me correct myself...we dont know for sure that it was borrowed.
The emerald tiara was made by Boucheron. It was on their website which doesnt seem to be working right now.
They were emeralds? I've never seen ones so vividly light green. I'm glad it was just borrowed, I thought it was ugly. And her hairstyle didn't do it justice either, I don't think it went too well with her dress either. :eek:

Yes they were emeralds. I've seen some that are even brighter, more vividly green, zambian emeralds.
I thought the tiara was okay, not beautiful. I think it would've looked a lot better on someone with light hair. The dark setting of the tiara seemed to get lost in Queen Rania's hair. In general, tiaras look best on brunettes. This one was an exception.

Last edited:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
some more close-ups of the earrings, necklace, and watch worn by Queen Rania in Switzerland earlier this year.(Pics from Petra and fotomarktplatz)

Does the watch above has diamonds, is it golden? it looks so intersting!

I agree, it was a much too casual down hairstyle to plop a funky floral tiara in lol. Maybe on a red-haired updo?

Are you refering to the emerald tiara she wore in Sweden? I loved it, it was so unusual but I don't think it suited her because her hair's too dark, although that could potentially be down to lighting. Most tiaras are diamonds so the green was a refreshing change.

Yes, that's the one. I liked it to look at but not to wear. I guess I don't have to worry about that though lol!

Queen Rania today at the "Ambrosetti" economic and financial meeting in Cernobbio, Lake Como, northern Italy. September 2, 2005
Pic from Petra.

Rania wearing a golden pearl necklace. I dont think I've seen her wear this before.

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,267
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 669
  • 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 836
To be honest, that looks like costume jewellery to me.

She probably does have several pieces of costume jewelry (as I'm sure most royals do). I'm personally *not* a big fan of the chunkier look of the necklace but the ring looks interesting.

Rania has been wearing lots of costume jewellery this year. But then she has never been one to wear the real stuff unless she's at a formal event. Most of the time she keeps things simple.

I love jewelry and if I could afford it, I'd have a lot more than what I have now :) Queen Rania has good taste in jewelry - daywear and evening wear (specially evening wear) :) About the only thing I really don't like is that emerald tiara that she wore once. I don't think it looked good on her. Too... emeraldy... if there's such a word ;) I don't think that piece would look good on anyone IMHO.

"Rania has been wearing lots of costume jewellery this year. But then she has never been one to wear the real stuff unless she's at a formal event. Most of the time she keeps things simple."

True, I like that about her jewellery, it seems simple practical, stylish and incredibly inexpensive.

June 22, 2003. World Economic Forum in Jordan
QR has worn these earrings several times and but in this picture I noticed something for the very first time. Those aren't just rows of diamonds inside the square, but infact the arabic word "Allah."
If it hadn't been for a nice close-up of the earring I never would've noticed it.
Picture from Petra.

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 971
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 927
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 673
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 593
Those earrings are fantastic, I'd love to get something similar. I'm not a big fan of "Allah" necklaces as they're often quite in your face and gaudy but those earrings are such a unique way of wearing isomething so important

galuhcandrakirana said:
A good work Humera. Its a nice earings. Do you think something also writen in this ring http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=188897 I wonder because the front part of the ring looks flat and there is like something writen on it.

thanx
you know, Im not sure about the ring. I cant tell unless I see a better picture.
But I think it just be open filigree work around the stone.

Little_star said:
Those earrings are fantastic, I'd love to get something similar. I'm not a big fan of "Allah" necklaces as they're often quite in your face and gaudy but those earrings are such a unique way of wearing isomething so important

have you seen Queen Noor's Allah necklace? Its very pretty. She wears it quite often.
I'd love to get a few of them myself, small ones with a calligraphic look and in various stones.
I cant remember who it was, but I saw someone wearing a small Allah ring. It was very pretty too.

I haven't noticed Noor's at all. I'll look out for it.
I've got a couple of various necklaces with Allah on them, 1 of those necklaces which opens up and has a small segment of the Qur'an written inside and a necklace of the Kaa'ba that my parents got me when they did Hajj, but they're all gold. It would be nice if you could get them in silver.

yes the one I have right now is in gold too.
I'd love to get more in different precious stones. Might have to design some of them myself.
Pictures of Q.Noor's necklace are in her jewellery thread. She hasnt worn it lately, at least not in the latest pics we've seen of her. She wore it a lot after King Hussein's death.

The Boucheron website no longer has a picture of the emerald tiara worn by QR during the swedish state visit. But I found a picture (thanx to Magickal Rania)

The emeralds are set in black gold. I think stones of a lighter colour would've suited the black setting much better. Still, taking a closer look at the tiara's twiglike base and the leaves, the emeralds make sense. Its supposed to look like a tree branch:p

Ivory and pearls really suit her. I hope she wears them more often. Jacqueline Kennedy wore pearls often, noting they "bring light to one's face."

Does anyone have a photo of what I'm calling Queen Rania's "lariat" necklace? It's stunning and very simple. It has a longish chain with diamonds perhaps running in a line from her neck for about 2 1/2". I would love something like it--but saw it once and now can't find a photo.......

:) That's it!!!!! The first and last set were the ones I'd been thinking of!!!! Isn't it pretty? What is the correct term for this style? I've been trying to find one but can't seem to describe it adequately enough to locate it.

Thank you!!!!

hmm..its not exactly a lariat but I saw it described as a "Y" necklace in a magazine.
I dont know if anyone remembers but this style was quite big in the late 90s. I seem to remember seeing a lot of them when I was in high school, many of them were made of beads or pearls. I bought a few of those myself.
The style that Queen Rania is wearing though is quite classic and timeless. I prefer the diamond/pearl and metal look over the beads, its more formal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom