The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Queen Rania today at the "Ambrosetti" economic and financial meeting in Cernobbio, Lake Como, northern Italy. September 2, 2005
Pic from Petra.

Rania wearing a golden pearl necklace. I dont think I've seen her wear this before.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1a.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	188895   Click image for larger version

Name:	1b.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	188896   Click image for larger version

Name:	1c.JPG
Views:	345
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	188897  

Old 09-04-2005, 05:48 AM
Heir Apparent

To be honest, that looks like costume jewellery to me.

Old 09-04-2005, 08:27 AM
Courtier

Lightbulb

She probably does have several pieces of costume jewelry (as I'm sure most royals do). I'm personally *not* a big fan of the chunkier look of the necklace but the ring looks interesting.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Rania has been wearing lots of costume jewellery this year. But then she has never been one to wear the real stuff unless she's at a formal event. Most of the time she keeps things simple.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Aristocracy

I love jewelry and if I could afford it, I'd have a lot more than what I have now :) Queen Rania has good taste in jewelry - daywear and evening wear (specially evening wear) :) About the only thing I really don't like is that emerald tiara that she wore once. I don't think it looked good on her. Too... emeraldy... if there's such a word I don't think that piece would look good on anyone IMHO.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent

"Rania has been wearing lots of costume jewellery this year. But then she has never been one to wear the real stuff unless she's at a formal event. Most of the time she keeps things simple."

True, I like that about her jewellery, it seems simple practical, stylish and incredibly inexpensive.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator

June 22, 2003. World Economic Forum in Jordan
QR has worn these earrings several times and but in this picture I noticed something for the very first time. Those aren't just rows of diamonds inside the square, but infact the arabic word "Allah."
If it hadn't been for a nice close-up of the earring I never would've noticed it.
Picture from Petra.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1a.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	197130   Click image for larger version

Name:	1b.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	197131   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	197132   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	197133  

Old 09-13-2005, 03:49 AM
Courtier

A good work Humera. Its a nice earings. Do you think something also writen in this ring http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=188897 I wonder because the front part of the ring looks flat and there is like something writen on it.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Those earrings are fantastic, I'd love to get something similar. I'm not a big fan of "Allah" necklaces as they're often quite in your face and gaudy but those earrings are such a unique way of wearing isomething so important
Old 09-13-2005, 04:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
A good work Humera. Its a nice earings. Do you think something also writen in this ring http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=188897 I wonder because the front part of the ring looks flat and there is like something writen on it.
thanx
you know, Im not sure about the ring. I cant tell unless I see a better picture.
But I think it just be open filigree work around the stone.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Those earrings are fantastic, I'd love to get something similar. I'm not a big fan of "Allah" necklaces as they're often quite in your face and gaudy but those earrings are such a unique way of wearing isomething so important
have you seen Queen Noor's Allah necklace? Its very pretty. She wears it quite often.
I'd love to get a few of them myself, small ones with a calligraphic look and in various stones.
I cant remember who it was, but I saw someone wearing a small Allah ring. It was very pretty too.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:37 AM
Heir Apparent

I haven't noticed Noor's at all. I'll look out for it.
I've got a couple of various necklaces with Allah on them, 1 of those necklaces which opens up and has a small segment of the Qur'an written inside and a necklace of the Kaa'ba that my parents got me when they did Hajj, but they're all gold. It would be nice if you could get them in silver.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator

yes the one I have right now is in gold too.
I'd love to get more in different precious stones. Might have to design some of them myself.
Pictures of Q.Noor's necklace are in her jewellery thread. She hasnt worn it lately, at least not in the latest pics we've seen of her. She wore it a lot after King Hussein's death.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

Another pair of earrings that Queen Rania has worn many times. I found some great close-ups. (Petra)

The old thread has pics of some of the many events at which QR has worn these earrings:

Queen Rania Jewellery 1 (Oct 2003-Oct 2008)
Queen Rania Jewellery 1 (Oct 2003-Oct 2008)
Old 11-10-2005, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator

The Boucheron website no longer has a picture of the emerald tiara worn by QR during the swedish state visit. But I found a picture (thanx to Magickal Rania)

The emeralds are set in black gold. I think stones of a lighter colour would've suited the black setting much better. Still, taking a closer look at the tiara's twiglike base and the leaves, the emeralds make sense. Its supposed to look like a tree branch:p

Old 11-20-2005, 10:00 PM
Serene Highness

Ivory and pearls really suit her. I hope she wears them more often. Jacqueline Kennedy wore pearls often, noting they "bring light to one's face."
Old 11-20-2005, 10:06 PM
Serene Highness

Does anyone have a photo of what I'm calling Queen Rania's "lariat" necklace? It's stunning and very simple. It has a longish chain with diamonds perhaps running in a line from her neck for about 2 1/2". I would love something like it--but saw it once and now can't find a photo.......
Old 11-21-2005, 01:16 AM
Super Moderator

is this it?
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1108433915
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1&d=1098695772

another one similar to it is this one:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1&d=1108494096

and this one:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7&d=1108335092
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1108335092
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&d=1108403048

the linear/lariat style seems to be one of QR's favourites.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:53 PM
Serene Highness

:) That's it!!!!! The first and last set were the ones I'd been thinking of!!!! Isn't it pretty? What is the correct term for this style? I've been trying to find one but can't seem to describe it adequately enough to locate it.

Thank you!!!!
Old 11-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

hmm..its not exactly a lariat but I saw it described as a "Y" necklace in a magazine.
I dont know if anyone remembers but this style was quite big in the late 90s. I seem to remember seeing a lot of them when I was in high school, many of them were made of beads or pearls. I bought a few of those myself.
The style that Queen Rania is wearing though is quite classic and timeless. I prefer the diamond/pearl and metal look over the beads, its more formal.

Tags
jewellery, queen rania, rania