Queen Paola Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Then was King Baudouin still alive and no Orders for the Royal Belgian Ladies.

The State Visit must habe been after King Baudouin's reign as Roman Herzog came in office in 1994. He also received King Albert II. and Queen Paola for a State Visit in Germany. The State Banquet was one of the last who was held at Augustusburg Castle.

Stephan ,In 1994 Queen Paola wore Indeed the foreign Orders but never the Leopold Order Queen Matilde wore for her first Official Portrait.

Queen Paola's jewels are modest to say the least despite being married into a reigning house,the necklace I was reading was a gift to mark the birth of her son Philippe.

Queen Mathilse has one tiara more: the Wolfers.
Princess Paola received pearl and diamond earrings from Princess Lilian as engagement Present. She wore them so often.
She received from Prince Albert a flower Brooch diamonds and Ruby in its Center.

From the moment I saw the pictures from Queen Paola with the necklas with the flies (????) or so, I like it very much. I think it is a very original and nice necklas. Could it be a little joke in reference to the art of Fabre at the royal palace perhaps?
I would really like to see the necklace with the flies. But not accessible. I tried in the Queen Paula picture thread. Can anyone please help.
Thank you in advance

I would really like to see the necklace with the flies. But not accessible. I tried in the Queen Paula picture thread. Can anyone please help.
Thank you in advance
A help would be really appreciated. I am just curious whether HRH Queen Paula necklace with flies which was Egyptian inspired flies necklace or not.
Thank you all in advance
Regards

Thank you for the info, Stefan! I always thought it was a very ornamented hairpin. Queen Paola certainly had to be imaginative with her limited jewelry.

Thank you for the info, Stefan! I always thought it was a very ornamented hairpin. Queen Paola certainly had to be imaginative with her limited jewelry.

I never understood why Paola didn't add a new tiara to her meagre collection when she became queen.

I never understood why Paola didn't add a new tiara to her meagre collection when she became queen.
She never gave me the impression to be very interested in jewels, even if when younger she could be quite creative with the pieces she had, as in the picture Adda posted (which I think is from a ball in 1962, when she was pregnant with Astrid). So, when she became queen she probably thought she was fine with the two tiaras (I think) she had. The Elisabeth Diamond Bandeau always looked lovely on her, and I really hope we'll see it on Elisabeth!

The 2 tiaras she had were lovely bit as Queen she could have done with a 3rd or 4th one ,sadly her husband spent the money on expensive yachts!

The 2 tiaras she had were lovely bit as Queen she could have done with a 3rd or 4th one ,sadly her husband spent the money on expensive yachts!

At least Queen Paola had two "real" diadems at her disposal (the Nine Provinces and the Art Deco), which were enough for the limited number of tiara events she had per year. Queen Mathllde on the other hand has 3 tiaras, but two of those are actually convertible necklaces. In my view, Mathilde is much more in need of a second diadem to complement the Nine Provinces than Paola was of a third tiara.

Well, they liked sailing in the Mediterranean Sea for their summer holidays, inviting their family as well, and their yacht, the Alpa, wasn't that big or luxurious. There certainly was money left to buy an additional tiara, but, as I said, Paola probably wasn't interested in having more

Well, they liked sailing in the Mediterranean Sea for their summer holidays, inviting their family as well, and their yacht, the Alpa, wasn't that big or luxurious. There certainly was money left to buy an additional tiara, but, as I said, Paola probably wasn't interested in having more

And her sister in law Queen Fabiola had the best jewels!

Queen Paola has fine hair , her hairdresser said it was difficult to fixe correctly the Nine Province tiara. The Queen never wore it abroad belgium.

Queen Paola has fine hair , her hairdresser said it was difficult to fixe correctly the Nine Province tiara. The Queen never wore it abroad belgium.

She wore it alot abroad specially at State Visits to other monarchies like Spain, Sweden Denmark etc.

I wonder where the heck Fabiola's fanciest jewelry is. But most importantly, I never stop pulling my hair and wonder WHY OH WHY the family hasn't brought back Queen Elisabeth's Cartier Tiara. That would be a game changer.
Queen Paola has plenty of beautiful earrings and bracelets, but she will surely leave some of those to Princess Astrid and the three Marias.

I'm sure Princess Eléonore will receive a Tiara for her 18th birthday, but at least two more tiaras will have to be bought for the future wives of Prince Gabriël and Prince Emmanuel.

Queen Paola never wore the Sash of the Order of Léopold , our highest Order?

Prince Albert offered his wife the flower with Ruby Brooch. They never bought new jewels when they were King and Queen.
Princess Elisabeth will receive Queen Paola's important jewels such as the Deco tiara.
Princess Astrid 's Children will wear at their Wedding the Aoste tiara belonging now to Princess Astrid.
For Prince Laurant Children , Princess Claire did not keep her Wedding tiara and has a new one not seen since years. I don't think Queen Poala will give jewels to Princess Claire and certainly not to Queen Mathilde.

Back
Top Bottom