Queen Paola Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is also the only big peace she has. She has only 2 diamond necklaces which she uses to wear with the nine provinces tiara.

Mmmh. I'm still angry with Princess Lillian for selling all those jewels. And what I really don't understand: Queen Elisabeth was still alive when Baudouin was King and married to Fabiola. Why didn't she leave the Cartier Tiara directly to her grandson?

Mmmh. I'm still angry with Princess Lillian for selling all those jewels. And what I really don't understand: Queen Elisabeth was still alive when Baudouin was King and married to Fabiola. Why didn't she leave the Cartier Tiara directly to her grandson?

I still hope the rumours that some of the Jewels of Queen Astrid (the Stockholm tiara, the emerald necklace/tiara) are in the Vaults of Queen Fabiola and only not worn are true.

I still hope the rumours that some of the Jewels of Queen Astrid (the Stockholm tiara, the emerald necklace/tiara) are in the Vaults of Queen Fabiola and only not worn are true.
That would be very nice. But I will only believe when I see These pieces worn again. I guess I'm a bit of a pessimist here.

Here are some shots of her engagement ring:

1 2 3

I really love her engagement ring. It's very beautiful and elegant. It's also a great size.

Me too. Its pretty perfect!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeas I agree, it's very beautiful. It can compete with Grace Kelly's engagement ring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josephine , They are another not hanging earrings with pearl and diamonds received as engagement present from Princess Lilian , she really like them and wears them very often. I wonder if the earrings you like are not her mother's ? Princess Astrid wears them also.

Tiaras (or in her case, tiara) Queen Paola wore at royal weddings and celebrations:

Haakon and Mette Marit: 1

Frederik and Mary: 1

Victoria and Daniel: 1

Albert and Charlene: 1

Guillaume and Stephanie: 1

Tiaras (or in her case, tiara) Queen Paola wore at royal weddings and celebrations:

Haakon and Mette Marit: 1

Frederik and Mary: 1

Victoria and Daniel: 1

Albert and Charlene: 1

Guillaume and Stephanie: 1

At the Wedding of Frederik and Mary she wore the base of the Nine Provinces tiara as choker,

Thanks Stefan,
I don't remember if the Queen wore the Nine Province Tiara abroad ? He Hairdresser said it was dfficult to fixe the heavy tiara on her fine hair. It is therefore she wore always her Deco tiara.

She wore its base as Choker.

Queen Fabiola wore the base of the Nine Province Tiara as tiara, such as Queen Astrid and Princess Lilian for the State Visit of President Coty in 1958.

Queen Mathilde wore it for her first Official Portrait because Queen Fabiola was her example to follow.

Last edited:
Yes, Queen Paola has worn the 9 Prinvinces tiara abroad, mainly at State Visits to other Monarchies.

I wonder what ever became of the Diamond spikes after Queen Astrid altered the tiara?

I think the spikes were used for the Arches and if not , they reduced the bill.

I wonder also what ever became with the base of the Stockholm tiara which uper part Princess Lilian wore also as brooch ?

i wonder where is the Stockholm pearl brooch is nowadays ?

Weren't the spikes mere metal pins with the big diamonds on top? And the big diamonds are still there, they usually fill the arches (Fabiola also wore the tiara with 'empty' arches). I'm not sure they would keep the metal pins.

You are right the spikes were metal pins.
For her Wedding Princess Astrid received a tiara with spikes and on top 10 huge diamonds.

She did not like the tiara and changed it for an arch tiara.

I believe she had to pay and gave the base of the Stockholm tiara we never saw again.

Last edited:
Sorry , They are 11 huge diamonds !
Great pictures IloveCP, the Half-Moon earrings were Princess Lilian's engagement gift.

The diamond necklace worked very well with the Queen Elisabeth’s Diamond Bandeau,which I believe is still owned by Queen Paola.

Correct ! Princess Astrid received the deco tiara as birthgift for Prince Albert born on June 6th 1934.
I realise that King Albert I died on february 1934.
So Queen Elisabeth who was devasted after her husband tragic accident gave her own tiara as present for her newborn grandson which name was Albert.

I don't remember if the deco tiara was a present to her, what I know She ordered herself the Cartier tiara (my avatar)

The belgian Kings are more interested in cars, yachts (Albert) , private helicopter (Philippe) than in jewels....

I love the jewels she wore at Phillippe and Mathilde's wedding:

These pieces are so beautiful. I especially love the brooch.

Yes they are,I've never really paid much attention to the Belgian jewels or those belonging to Queen Paola.

Her flower brroch with a ruby is a Prince Albert's present.
Her necklace I don't kow.

I never understood why Queen Paola never wore the lower part of the Nine Province tiara.

It didn't work well as a choker on Queen Paola,the tiara is not one of my favourites.

Back
Top Bottom