Queen Mathilde Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love her red hat. It looks like she's wearing the planet Saturn on her head and it looks cool!!:) Maybe she's getting lots of nice, new jewels because she recently gave birth to her third child-I'd say that deserves a new necklace and earrings and, hopefully, a new tiara.;)

We all hope, she'll get new tiara. But Belgian royal family is on tiaras not so rich than others. Queen Paola worn, when she was CP two tiaras- one was modern italian tiara and one was necklace converted on tiara.
On her blonde hair would fit coloured stones more... I bet that Queen Rania's emerald tiara would fit on Mathilde more.

On occassion of her marriage she received from the Belgian aristocrats a tiara. But let us say, if she was a commonor like Princess Claire, then she would not have received a tiara.

I'm always wondering wich tiara Mathilde would have received if she was not nobel....

Hans said:
On occassion of her marriage she received from the Belgian aristocrats a tiara. But let us say, if she was a commonor like Princess Claire, then she would not have received a tiara.
quote]

How do you know this? Claire, being a commoner, is perfectly accepted by the nobility too. She made the cover of Eventail, THE magazine of all the Belgian aristocrats. I think Mathilde received that tiara as a token of the attachment of the Belgian aristocrats to the monarchy, because she was the new crownprincess. Claire has a far less important function.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
choker (EPP, Getty)
Can someone tell me if this is the base of the 9 province tiara? QPaola wore the base as a necklace? Why dodesn't the RF buy their daughters in law proper tiaras? a lack of funds?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not the base of a tiara.

The RF certainly has enough money to buy more, but I suppose they want to spend it on more useful things?

new jewellery from last week:

new diamond and pearl earrings (PPE):

brown necklace (seeger):

red fantasy earrings (PPE):

i was inspored by the collection that was made of maxima and the times she has worn tiaras, i took photos from this thread that was big enough to see the tiaras well i am sure youi know other times she has worn tiaras

Princess Mathildes earrings, she recently wore
(from lfi orignaly posted by fanletizia)
23986045nk0.jpg

Will Queen Paola etc get Queen Fabiola's jewels when she dies?

angela said:
Will Queen Paola etc get Queen Fabiola's jewels when she dies?

No one knows.

It is possible that Queen Fabiola bequeaths them to the Church to finance a monastery, or bequeaths them to her brother Don Gonzalo de Mora y Aragón, Marques de Casa Riera, Conde de Mora or her nephew Don Luis de Mora y Narváez, Vizconde de Baiguer, the future Marquess.

After all Princess Mathilde is 'just' the lady who happens to be married to a son of a younger brother of her late spouse. No more, no less. That would have been the same as the Duchess of Kent giving jewels to Camilla. There is no relationship between them.
And the relationship between Fabiola and Paola was never warm.

Last edited:
I am not crazy about the drop and just plain danglely earring she wears I like her with plainer more charming sort of jewels. She seems to me just that sort of a woman I am not sure those of you who are more familiar with the way Mathidle dresses will know but I don't think all that suits her.

What necklace and brooch was she wearing at CP WA birthday party?

Is it the same necklace she wore to the birthday/anniversary celebrations in Luxemburg?

Princess Mathilde's earring on 11-10-07
http://i21.tinypic.com/25g3ybl.jpg
http://i24.tinypic.com/25i4zdg.jpg

Princess MAthilde's earring on a gala-evening of the diamondsector in Antwerp. The earrings are letters E, refearing to her daughter Elisabeth. She has worn the earrings already several times
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Princess Mathilde today: 3 diferrent sorts of earrings with only 2 outfitts
Pearls
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

Long, colourfull

Little

I hope so. She needs more jewelry as she needs one even little tiara.

But did you notice than all of three princesses has her one tiara each.

They like each other so why not borrowing the jewels?

Btw. it could be interesting if ladies from different royal families borrow from time to time they personal jewels to each other f.ex Maxima to Mathilde...

It looks like garnet, but I guess its a dark ruby.

Big and vulgar? Those diamonds are the smallest I've ever seen, and the ruby is really not that large either, and not that great. I can see not liking the ring, but big? What did you think of Diana's sapphire ring? That struck me as bordering on vulgar.

May be can't be considering the most beautiful ring in the world but, it is not vulgar at all... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom