Queen Mathilde Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:bang:

since this is a different thread, I guess I can say it again: this particular list that I did was for State (and Official) visits.

I'm so sorry! I must have missed that part!
Well anyway, we have a complete list now, state visits only or not :whistling:

Not bad for a Belgian Queen. I think that Queen Paola used to have fewer tiara events.

Mathilde was in every way except biology the late Queen Fabiola's child. I read in a French Belgian tabloid that her relationship with Queen Paola, while cordial, has never been truly close. Fabiola "claimed" young Mathilde early in her marriage to Philippe and the bond between them endured until the old queen's death.

For that reason, I agree that it is highly unlikely that Queen Mathilde will be seen now or in the future wearing any of her mother-in-law's brooches, earrings, tiaras.

But Mathilde seems to be building a respectable collection of her own with many of her own pieces and items bequeathed to her by Fabiola.

Last edited:
You are right Moonmaiden about Queen Paola's Jewels she will never give to the actual Queen.
We saw on her arival in Amsterdam a small diamond brooch we saw for the first time last year , a present ?

You are right Moonmaiden about Queen Paola's Jewels she will never give to the actual Queen.
We saw on her arival in Amsterdam a small diamond brooch we saw for the first time last year , a present ?

I still hope (though I'm not counting on it) that Queen Paola will eventually leave the Art Deco diamond bandeau to a family foundation. After all, that diadem belonged to Queen Elisabeth of Belgium (Philippe's great-grandmother) and it should stay in the royal family's main line. If it were placed in a foundation, Queen Mathilde, Princess Astrid and Princess Elisabeth could share it and it would be kept also for future generations of the Belgian Coburgs.

At concert during second day of state visit to Netherlands Queen Mathilde was wearing her laur wreath tiara as a necklace. In some way it is her next tiara appearance in 2016.

Not bad for a Belgian Queen. I think that Queen Paola used to have fewer tiara events.
True. But the reason is also that there where a lot of State Visits for the begian Royal Couple this year. During the last years of King Albert II.'s reign there where almost no State Visits due to the fact that there was no government for a long time

At concert during second day of state visit to Netherlands Queen Mathilde was wearing her laurel wreath tiara as a necklace. In some way it is her next tiara appearance in 2016.

What was Queen Maxima wearing ? The earrings look like they are from the Dutch emerald parure, but I don't recognize the necklace.

Last edited:
What was Queen Maxima wearing ? The earrings look like they are from the Dutch emerald parure, but I don't recognize the necklace.

Maxima's wearing her Tutti Frutti necklace and earrings. I rumored gift from her husband.

remember the days we tore our hair out because this dazzling (at the time) crown princess only had one tiara, well now she has all of fabiola's, I have yet to see her in the one presented to Fabioal from Franco, am I mistaken?

remember the days we tore our hair out because this dazzling (at the time) crown princess only had one tiara, well now she has all of fabiola's, I have yet to see her in the one presented to Fabioal from Franco, am I mistaken?

Following the death of Queen Fabiola Spanish the fate of Queen Fabiola's Spanish Tiara is currently unknown,queen Mathilde has not worn it and it has us all puzzled.

Following the death of Queen Fabiola Spanish the fate of Queen Fabiola's Spanish Tiara is currently unknown,queen Mathilde has not worn it and it has us all puzzled.

And there are lot of other Jewels of Queen Fabiola who have not been since in public sinc eher death and theri fate is unknown

And there are lot of other Jewels of Queen Fabiola who have not been since in public sinc eher death and theri fate is unknown

Very true but the its Spanish Tiara that has most of us guessing as to its fate ;)

Very true but the its Spanish Tiara that has most of us guessing as to its fate ;)

Queen Mathilde will have a chance to wear the Spanish tiara next year in the state visit to Denmark, which would be convenient since she already wore the Nine Provinces before at Queen Margrethe's 75th birthday dinner and a little variety would be nice.

As I said before though, personally I don't care too much about the fate of the Spanish tiara whose quality and origin are doubtful anyway. What really bothers me is Queen Paola not leaving Queen Elisabeth's art deco tiara to Mathilde or a foundation.

Queen Mathilde will have a chance to wear the Spanish tiara next year in the state visit to Denmark, which would be convenient since she already wore the Nine Provinces before at Queen Margrethe's 75th birthday dinner and a little variety would be nice.

As I said before though, personally I don't care too much about the fate of the Spanish tiara whose quality and origin are doubtful anyway. What really bothers me is Queen Paola not leaving Queen Elisabeth's art deco tiara to Mathilde or a foundation.

Fair point

I wonder if Princess Astrid already received the deco tiara. We will see the next State Visit.

I wonder if Princess Astrid already received the deco tiara. We will see the next State Visit.
That will be difficult to determine, imo. Even if Princess Astrid wears it again, it could still be a loan. Just now, I'm not giving up hope the Princess Elisabeth might either inherit it or receive it as an eighteenth birthday present.

So far, Queen Mathilde has worn only very few of the late Queen Paola's jewels. And some of those she has worn, were given to her during Fabiola's lifetime, like the waterfall brooch or the Tunisian earrings. The fate of the other jewels might stay a mystery for a long while. :sad:

For the second evening in the Netherlands Queen Mathilde wore Queen Fabiola's ruby and diamond bracelet and a ring with a Ruby. Did She find again her engagement Ring?

Its a low key tiara ,not my favourite but great to see it still in the family,might be a nice starter tiara for the Duchess of Brabant!

I think it is a very beautiful small tiara which is perfect suited for black tie Events. And too add it all converts to a beautiful necklace so that Queen Mathilde can easily combine it with the full empire tiara.

She should were it as necklace with the Nine Province tiara like Fabiola.

Maxima and Mathilde with their non puffing hairs are wearing family tiaras on a much better way.

I am very glad that Queen Mathilde now has a choice of several tiaras to wear. Imo she should use the versatility of all her tiaras and alternate them as tiaras and necklaces. And especially on her last two wearings of the Wolfers tiara, she looked lovely and the tiara was well placed. I agree, Maria Olivia, especially the small Wolfers tiara did not look so very good on Queen Fabiola.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom