Queen Mathilde Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, according the news the charity which receives the late Queen Fabiola's inheritance is Ouvres de la Reine (Works of the Queen), a Foundation set up in 1960 for the marriage of King Baudoun and Queen Fabiola. So maybe the jewels will go into the formal ownership of Ouvres de la Reine but then be given at the disposal of Queen Mathilde? After all, I can not imagine that this foundation will actively bring everything to the auction house...

The late Queen Fabiola's jewels were all Presents. She had nothing of her own.
Selling Presents would be inexpectable.

Mathilde's earrings, brooch, and necklace she wore in 2007 were amazing!

1 2 3

Mathilde's earrings, brooch, and necklace she wore in 2007 were amazing!

1 2 3

Is there any information as to the provenance of the necklace and the brooch? Have they been used since?

I wonder if Mathilde borrowed them from Queen Fabiola?

I believe at the time people concluded that they were not made of real diamonds. I have never seen Q. Fabiola wearing any of these jewels. Neither have I seen Mathilde with any of these pieces afterwards AFAIK. Mathilde has worn pieces before that were supposedly borrowed, like the necklace thats he wore at the wedding of the Swedish CPss.

Queen Fabiola was never seen with this kind of jewels.
Or they are loans or they are Nathan's jewels see these worn by Grand Duchess MT the day of Guillaume's wedding ?

Is there any information as to the provenance of the necklace and the brooch? Have they been used since?

The brooch is an application on the dress, like Grand Duchess Maria Teresa wore on the wedding of her eldest son, see picture.

Back then, the general opinion by the experts on the Royal Jewels Message Board was that the necklace was costume jewelry. I remember one of the posters showing a close up and the "settings" revealed it could never be real diamonds.

:flowers:

The late Queen Fabiola's jewels were all Presents. She had nothing of her own.
Selling Presents would be inexpectable.

Why? The presents were given to Queen Fabiola. She had no husband left. She had no children left. She could do with her personal jewels what she wanted, including selling these off.

Remember what happen with the late Josephine Charlotte's jewels and the Reaction of the people of Luxembourg !

I think the Belgians do not have that close attachment to the Royal House and for sure not to an old widow whom was already more or less out of the picture for such a long time. The indifference and the minimal public interest during the Funeral seem no indication that the Belgians care at all about Queen Fabiola's private jewels.

Why should the Belgians become upset because of jewels once given by the Franco Government? It were her jewels and apparently she left her estate to Oeuvres de la Reine. We will see.

I lived in Luxembourg in seventies and may say that the late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte was not that popular. She was "hautaine"

But selling her jewels and his Mothers Queen Astrid which were presents was that unpopulair that the Grand Duke had to pay the great amount to Sotheby for its Auction Cancellation

As Belgian I don' t agree with a Dutch/French point of view .
I don't agree either the indifference and minima public interest for our popular late Consort Queen.

This pearl necklace is magnificent!

1 2 3 4

Very beautiful and interesting design.

Which is not her engagement ring...

I believe her engagement ring was a ruby which has not been seen for a while:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Hflpi5cC9ac/UTe4j8HB4_I/AAAAAAAAVI4/Ikmb6GU3jqs/s1600/_Mathilde.jpg

I believe that she has worn an antique necklace that belonged to her maternal grandmother once or twice during the engagement period. It seemed to be a choker made of some steel elements IIRC, it didn't glitter much at least. I am not able to dig up a picture at the moment.

I wonder if this is a heirloom of the Udekem family or if Countess Anne borrowed it for the occassion (wedding of her youngest daughter) too.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/b4/35/32/b435323b456358eed69eb7276db16c7e.jpg

Last edited:
The engagement ring given to Mathilde d'Udekem d'Acoz indeed was the diamond ring with a central ruby shown by Marengo. Her another picture.

The Countess wore a Komorowska necklace.
The d'Udekem family (Queen Mathide 's Father) is not rich , had troubles between brothers about their Mother's Heritage etc...

Those are gorgeous! Diamonds... A girl's best friend!

Last edited:
Many photos of her stunning jewels:

Gala Jewels: Queen Mathilde of the Belgians (Part One) | The Court Jeweller

Gala Jewels: Queen Mathilde of the Belgians (Part Two) | The Court Jeweller

Mathilde has such a stunning collection. I can't wait to see other jewels she will wear as Queen.

The description stunning made me expecting awesome royal jewels. The only jewels I saw were earrings, brooches and some costume jewelry aside the diadem she received from the Belgian aristocracy. What is "stunning" in these examples, measured by royal standards? Camilla or Máxima wouldn't even blink an eyelash for the given examples...

:lol:

Queen Mathilde Jewellery

The description stunning made me expecting awesome royal jewels. The only jewels I saw were earrings, brooches and some costume jewelry aside the diadem she received from the Belgian aristocracy. What is "stunning" in these examples, measured by royal standards? Camilla or Máxima wouldn't even blink an eyelash for the given examples...

Well in this case, Mathilde's collection can't be compared to those of Màxima and Camilla, they married into royal families with grand family foundation jewels, and each has only added a few pieces to the collection.
Mathilde has added a lot of new jewels to an actually non-existing collection, aside from her laurel wreath.

Today at 11th March during engagement in Egmont Palace Queen Mathilde wore diamond sapphire insect brooche, any informations about it?
Maybe part of late Q Fabiola colection? I hope so...

Isn't that Stephanie of Luxemburg's mother?

Isn't that Stephanie of Luxemburg's mother?

Oooooooowwww.... I see I can not do two things at the same time: watching Chelsea playing Paris Saint-Germain and writing on the Royal Forums....

:bang:

Of course Queen Mathilde's mother is the Dowager Patrick d'Udekem d'Acoz née Countess Anne Marie Komorowska.

:flowers:

The lady I named was from "that other Belgian", the mother of Hereditary Grand-Duchess Stéphanie of Luxembourg, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom