Queen Mathilde Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Windsor wedding came with some great surprises jewellery-wise. :) :)

today
close-up: http://i53.tinypic.com/15s3jv4.jpg
- her wedding gift tiara worn as necklace
- a rose brooch, think I have seen it before, but can’t remember when
- a well-known diamond bracelet on her right arm
- another diamond bracelet on her left arm, worn for the first time at princess Elèonore’s baptism
- and new diamond-pearl earrings. imo they are matching the baptism bracelet since they repeat the x pattern. Now all she needs is a matching necklace. ;)

yesterday
- new (?) pearl earrings
- the new diamond necklace already mentioned here and it appears to be a convertible tiara. Probably this “new” piece was purchased in an auction? It looks antique to me.
A close-up was posted by Tamara at the Royal jewels message board
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: few closeups of the jewels...
(scroll down)

Stunning jewelery I must say. Especially her tiara/necklace, amazing piece.

Fabulous jewels. Especially the necklaces were stunning;

I would absolutely love to see the new necklace as tiara on Mathilde - she needs another one to change. But for some reason, it does not look to me as if it could be worn as tiara. BTW - she has a younger daughter, who needs some sparkler too in the future.....;)

Last edited by a moderator:
counting down already? Princess Elisabeth will turn 10? or is she already 10. so about 8 years left
how does it work in belgium does unmrried princesses wear tiaras? if so is it after 10 years ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Elisabeth will turn 10 on 25 October 2011.
Princess Mathilde has only one tiara at her disposal, used in London as a necklace in the Abbey on the marriage day.
Unmarried princesses can wear tiaras indeed, but I think that Elisabeth will not be "on show" until she has actually experienced studies and advanced (foreign) studies. So, I think we will see Elisabeth just in the same way appearing as William and Harry did in the UK, on some activities regarding national days, but that she will only be introduced to solo activities once she is in her 20s.

The Princesses Victoria and Madeline of Sweden seemed to show up in tiaras before they were in their twenties or even eighteen. What about the three Danish Princesses Margrethe, Benedikte and Anne-Marie? I think they wore tiaras as teens.

countess felicitas said:
I would absolutely love to see the new necklace as tiara on Mathilde - she needs another one to change. But for some reason, it does not look to me as if it could be worn as tiara.

Do you mean the prewedding event one? Or the one worn at the wedding? Bc the wedding one is her tiara .....

The Princesses Victoria and Madeline of Sweden seemed to show up in tiaras before they were in their twenties or even eighteen. What about the three Danish Princesses Margrethe, Benedikte and Anne-Marie? I think they wore tiaras as teens.

Both Madeleine and Victoria wore tiaras for the first timea after they turned 18. Not sure about the danish Princesses but in summer 1964 they where official photos of the danish RF made and Anne-Marie was the only without tiara. She wore them the first time at their pre-Wedding festivites a few weeks after she had turned 18 so i guess it was the same for margrethe and Benedikte.

Princess Mathilde is wearing the "pampilles" diamonds brooch that belongs to Queen Fabiola.

Mathilde (click on pic to enlarge)
Fabiola

Last edited:
I always believed that green is the least desirable colour for weddings ?!

She's had the tiara for years and I can't really see the necklace clearly to be sure which one it is.

She's had the tiara for years and I can't really see the necklace clearly to be sure which one it is.

You can enlarge the pic by clicking on it. Then you actually have a good vieuw.

I haven't seen the necklace before. It's really nice and I hope to see it again.
Although I'm really fond of her tiara, it's time for her to receive another one. Even Claire got a second tiara, and she has less occasion to wear it than CP Mathilde.
That Fabiola lent or gave her the brooch is a really nice gesture, and Mathilde wore it beautifully. Maybe next time Fabiola could lent her the Wolfers tiara?

PS. Thanks for those gorgeous close-ups, staphanievl!

Albert & Charlene´s wedding

Concert: earrings and bracelet
Dinner: brooch, earrings and bracelet (she wore it also during the dinner)

Images have been heavily cropped (less than 20% of the original versions) and are not subject to copyright

Attachments

• det (1).jpg
    det (1).jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 676
  • mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 452
And another photo of her sapphire ring

Attachments

• 22641531.jpg
    22641531.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 1,298
I do love this ring. Classic, timeless and elegant. It really does suit her. In fact I rather prefer the sapphire ring to her ruby engagement ring.

Yes I agree,the sapphire ring is better than her engagement ring.I love rubies but,it looks way too medieval looking!

IDK, I think the necklace looks too spikey whereas worn as a tiara it has better structure and flow. Either way, it's a magnificent piece but not on my top list of tiara faves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom