Queen Mathilde Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
are there earings a bit of pink?
the necklace are new is also the earings new? (saw in a earlier post that the earings is not new)
is there a better photo of the necklace she wore at the pre wedding consert?

1. Princess Mathilde at Victoria's pre-wedding concert - I don't care for the earrings, I know she was trying to match the black belt on her dress but it doesn't work.
2. Bracelet and ring worn at the wedding

Original images have been heavily cropped and are not subject to copyright

Attachments

• Untitled-5.jpg
    Untitled-5.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 7,283
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 1,050
:previous::previous:
I love that necklace she's wearing, she should put it on a frame and wear it as a bandeau, since she has a lack of tiaras! :flowers:

Isn't that her engagement ring that people were inquiring as to it's whereabouts?

:previous::previous:
I love that necklace she's wearing, she should put it on a frame and wear it as a bandeau, since she has a lack of tiaras! :flowers:
Oh, I really love that idea! Do we know if this is real or costume?;)

^ I agree. Mathilde didn't combine this beautiful gown with the right jewellery. I also think the pieces don't match each other either. ;) Though separately they're all very nice.

When you have bits and pieces, you wear them together. I don't see a clash between her jewelry and gown. Also, I guess earrings of 10 or more :whistling:carats of any gemstone can be "too plain." The earring stones look as though they might be a "competition" cut which would make them totally unique, or it may be some old cut with which I am not familiar.

Any further info on the earrings?

I don't think they're real she has a lot of similar pairs in different colors.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Princess Mathilde at Victoria's pre-wedding concert - I don't care for the earrings, I know she was trying to match the black belt on her dress but it doesn't work.
2. Bracelet and ring worn at the wedding

Original images have been heavily cropped and are not subject to copyright

i like the earings modern but classic
is the stone in the earings amytist?

Except for her wedding, Mathilde has always worn the same tiara. It's a pity that there are so few pieces in the family.

Stephanie ,
Was it a loan ?
Strange that this well known house put the necklace in its collection.
Does that mean that someone (not me) may buy or receive the same necklace ?

Claire's tiara at Princess Victoria's wedding is also a mistery ; I will wait to see this tiara a second time on her.

Leysen does not only sell jewellery, they also design them. The necklace is part of their collection Fantasme I think. It is no unique piece, Leysen sure created more than one piece.

I’m pretty confident that the necklace is in Mathilde’s possession – perhaps a 10th wedding anniversary gift. Mathilde owns matching earrings (purchased in 2007 or so) and has worn them several times over the years.

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/8392/20100907145339.jpg
Adding the necklace is a logical step imo.

As for Claire’s tiara: I think this one is a loan (as suggested by the member QueenElizabeth). I don’t think we will see it again on her, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the piece will show up in an auction in the coming years.

Indeed, I really think we will not see it again; but about Princess Mathilde's earrings and necklace; I am not confident that the Leyssen necklace and the earrings you mention are from the same source.

Indeed, I really think we will not see it again; but about Princess Mathilde's earrings and necklace; I am not confident that the Leyssen necklace and the earrings you mention are from the same source.
My apologies, you are absolutely right. The tow pieces only look remotely similar. I was too fast and should have taken a closer look at the necklace again. :blush:
Anyhow, I still think it’s her necklace and no loan. Looking at her earrings it seems to be her taste after all and a new necklace wouldnt hurt.

Btw thanks for posting the info about Claire’s tiara here. :flowers:

Let us hope then that Princess Mathilde may convert her necklace as tiara..
She is wearing the same one since more than 10 years..

Let us hope then that Princess Mathilde may convert her necklace as tiara.
This necklace is far too delicate to convert it into a tiara imo.

I understand that this one-tiara-only thing bothers jewellery lovers, but I also understand that neither Mathilde nor Astrid feel the need to buy another tiara – there are so few tiara opportunities in Belgium; they hardly would get to wear them.
IMO it would have been a nice gesture if Paola had worn the diamond tiara of the Provinces in Stockholm and had borrowed her art deco tiara to Mathilde. Mathilde has worn this tiara on her wedding day and it would have been a nice sentimental touch. Alas, they didn’t go for this option and I wonder if Mathilde will ever wear the art deco tiara again as Paola/Albert probably desire to bequeath this tiara to their daughter Astrid.

A agree with you Paola will later give her art deco to her daughter Astrid as she is the late Queen Astrid grand-daughter by blood.
But Queen Fabiola will never give her jewels to Queen Paola , I am sure they are for Princess Mathilde..(not to her family in Spain , they would remain in the shadow).

Maria-Oliva and Mara, I know this is quite off-tipic, but why do you suspect that King Albert/Queen Paola would like to bequeath the Art Deco tiara to their daughter Astrid? Are there other reasons than the common name and blood line beteen the late Queen and her granddaughter? If you're correct, however, that would be a great pitty, as an eventual Queen Mathilde would have only one tiara with royal provenance, excluding a probable inheritance from Queen Fabiola.

Bobby

I really think that the majority of royal jewels is expected to go to Princess Mathilde; because she will need it. Princess Astrid and her family will be again on a more shadowed position once Philippe is King. And once Astrid has died, her children will not use tiaras and major jewellery. IMO of course.

About the questions going on here on the forum about the minor jewellery collection. If you compare to the UK, a lot of Queen Elizabeth's tiaras have a very important royal provenance and the fact that Queen Mary bought a lot of jewellery from befriended monarchies that are now gone. Belgium is a very young monarchy with some sad generations: the daughters of Leopold II got their mother's jewellery on her death, but they married into other families/monarchies and so the jewellery went over to them. Queen Elisabeth of Belgium had jewellery which she gave to her daughter (to Italy) and to the Prince Regent (who sold it). The jewellery that went to Queen Astrid (few) through Leopold III was actually taken by Princess Liliane or to Joséphine-Charlotte (to Luxembourg).

A short story about a recent meeting I had with Princess Astrid; I heard her saying to a member of the public quite some months ago now that she wore a jewel from her beloved grandmother Astrid; and the Princess said "It is the only thing I have from her". I think it was a bracelet she wore during one of the evening in the Palais des Beaux-Arts for a concours Queen Elisabeth (music concours). I do not mean that I have a proof here that all is gone, not at all, I am not an insider, but I really think that in the present line of the monarchy, no major jewellery is included from past generations.

What we see now with Mathilde is that she adds a nice touch of modern jewellery to her collection, which I really like. Her sister Elisabeth produces loads of jewellery for her and I personally think that Natan has a jewellery line of costume jewellery and demi-precious stones which she from time to time chooses to add to her outfit. I walked past the Natan store some time ago and noticed that there is a lot of "Mathilde-like" earrings and bracelets in the shop; not that she wore it, but a bit in the sae 'colourful' style that Mathilde choose some years ago.

In the future, I really hope that Queen Fabiola will leave her jewels to Mathilde. And I think that she has the style to combine the antique older things with perhaps a flashy and modern dress. I think we will be pleased in the future with Mathilde.

the first one could be smoky quartz, the second blue topaz (or aquamarine) with amethyst, but I'm not an expert...

^ I like the pearl earrings with the pearl choker, but not the first pair. It's too dull and grey, IMO.

Not a big fan of the earrings... love the necklace!

Does Mathilde wear some jewellery made by her sister Elisabeth ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom