The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-25-2015, 06:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Queen Fabiola had a more than "respectable" amount of jewels. She had a vault, and happily her successor Mathilde seems to be benefitting from it!

Do we have a clue about the contents of this vault?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 10-25-2015, 06:37 PM
Majesty

I have vintage copies of PdV, Paris Match, and Jours de France that go back to 60's and 70's that detail the late queen's bling. I ordered them online.

And there is always the Queen Fabiola Jewellry Thread.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968
Old 10-26-2015, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Do we have a clue about the contents of this vault?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
See this thread on the Benelux Royal Jewels MB

Benelux Royal Jewels: Queen Fabiola's Jewellery
Old 10-26-2015, 09:06 PM
Majesty

Thank you Stefan!!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968
Old 10-27-2015, 03:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Can anyone identify this exquisite brooch and necklace that Mathilde is wearing from a few years back?

http://i43.tinypic.com/2dvif6q.jpg
I have a feeling that it is a very good quality of imitation
Old 10-27-2015, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
See this thread on the Benelux Royal Jewels MB

Benelux Royal Jewels: Queen Fabiola's Jewellery
Queen Fabiola really had a decent amount of personal jewels at her her disposal ranging from diamond bracelets to aquamarines,thanks for that link
Old 10-27-2015, 07:59 AM
Royal Highness

The photoshopped picture in the link below suggests how Mathilde would look like in Fabiola's Spanish tiara. Hopefully, we will see it soon for real.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/43980533834380294/
Old 10-27-2015, 08:49 AM
Serene Highness

I am so happy that she received the Wolfers Tiara from Q Fabiola... and I am hoping for more - especially the Spanish Wedding Gift Tiara. Thank god that she is no longer bejewelled like "the poorest Queen in Europe" (I guess you know what I want to say, this is not negative)..... and I hope, hope, hope that they will create a foundation soon.
BYe Bine
Old 10-27-2015, 09:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
I am so happy that she received the Wolfers Tiara from Q Fabiola... and I am hoping for more - especially the Spanish Wedding Gift Tiara. Thank god that she is no longer bejewelled like "the poorest Queen in Europe" (I guess you know what I want to say, this is not negative)..... and I hope, hope, hope that they will create a foundation soon.
BYe Bine

The Belgian RF was actually once one of the richest in Europe due to the profits that King Leopold II drew from his private rule of the Congo. Before his demise though, Leopold transferred most of his private wealth to a public Royal Trust, provided that his successors kept the right of disposal over the assets in the Trust. The Belgian royal residences IMHO are still among the most exquisite in Europe and, although they are actually either owned by the State directly or part of the Royal Trust, in practice the Royal Family is free to use them as they wish.

What happened to the Belgian royal jewels is a different story though and much of it has to do with marriages of Belgian princesses into foreign royal families and the perpetual family feuds that seem to be recurrent in the House of Belgium (e.g. Princess Lilian selling Queen Elisabeth's Cartier tiara rather than leaving it to Fabiola).
Old 10-27-2015, 10:56 AM
Majesty

The supposed wealth of the Belgian royal family is largely a myth. There are plenty of stories of royals like the four daughters of King Leopold II, the brother of King Leopold III, Princess Lilian, the three children of King Leopold III with Princess Lilian, Prince Laurent and even former King Albert himself whom came in -financially- narrow shoes and had to be creative to meet ends.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The supposed wealth of the Belgian royal family is largely a myth. There are plenty of stories of royals like the four daughters of King Leopold II, the brother of King Leopold III, Princess Lilian, the three children of King Leopold III with Princess Lilian, Prince Laurent and even former King Albert himself whom came in -financially- narrow shoes and had to be creative to meet ends.
King Leopold II's wealth is no myth. It suffices to see the amount of money he personally spent on the Royal Domain of Laeken and all the improvements he made thereto (the park, the greenhouses, the Asian pavilions, etc.). I agree though that the family nowadays is personally not very wealthy as most of their former assets either belong to the State or are part of the Royal Trust. Still, they get a generous state grant for personal expenses (not only the King, but his siblings and parents too).
Old 10-27-2015, 12:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The photoshopped picture in the link below suggests how Mathilde would look like in Fabiola's Spanish tiara. Hopefully, we will see it soon for real.

Thanks for that! Is soooo real. I can't wait untill she wore this tiara. Maybe i wait very but whatever
Old 10-27-2015, 12:13 PM
Majesty

The Belgian royal family has little to complain, of course. But even being "at the disposal of the King and/or his family" (by the Trust of the so-called "Royal Donation") seems not affordable as King Albert II had to give up the use of the Château de Fenfffe, his beloved Ardennes retreat, since he could not afford it anymore with his "pension".

Le roi Albert pourrait quitter Fenffe - La Libre.be
Old 10-27-2015, 07:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post

I think it looks amazing on Mathilde, as good or even better than it did on Fabiola!

Thank you, Mbruno-

Old 10-28-2015, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The aquamarines are lovely with Mathilde's blue eyes. It would look stunning if she ever wears Fabiola's aquamarine jewelry. There are quite some stunning pieces apart from the tiara.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:16 AM
Heir Apparent

I liked the late Queen Fabiola wearing this tiara until her last glittering events.

I do not like Queen Mathilde so much and may wait seing her wearing all Queen Fabiola's jewels not even a year the late Queen passed away..
Old 12-03-2015, 09:29 PM
Majesty

Queen Mathilde had 3 tiara appearances of 2015:

1 2 3
Old 01-20-2016, 07:49 AM
Majesty

if you look in Mathildes jewllery box she has some necklaces
is there somewhere i can find them listed
or does anyone of you have an ide what necklaces she has

i would love your help

i wanted to find out what her jewllery collections looks like

the tiaras are easy but then i actully have no ide

Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Tiaras
* Queen Elisabeth's Diamond Bandeau worn at her wedding
* Laurel Wreath Tiara it has also been worn as a necklace
* The Nine Provinces Tiara (worn only since she became Queen) both as a full version and small version
* Wolfers necklace Tiara (worn only since she became Queen)
Old 01-20-2016, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
if you look in Mathildes jewllery box she has some necklaces
is there somewhere i can find them listed
or does anyone of you have an ide what necklaces she has

i would love your help
With the necklaces it is difficult to know shich she actually owns. There are a few she has only worn once and who are probably loans from Jewellers.
Like the necklace worn at the 40th birthday cdelebrations of King Willem-Alexander or the owrn at the swedish Royal Wedding in 2010.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:04 PM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Tiaras of Queen Mathilde (and a Programming Note)

My favorites are the Wolfers tiara, her laurel wreath tiara, and her wedding tiara. She has a beautiful collection of tiaras.

Tags
crown princess mathilde, jewellery, mathilde, princess mathilde