The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-14-2015, 08:07 AM
Majesty

Queen Fabiola wearing the Wolfers necklace as a diadem during the State Visit of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands to Belgium (1981): picture.

Queen Fabiola wearing the Wolfers necklace as a diadem during a formal lunch in the War Council Chamber of the Royal Palace Amsterdam (1993): picture.

Old 10-14-2015, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Queen Mathilde wore a beautiful diamond brooch today in Poland.

Queen Mathilde Visits Poland - Pictures - Zimbio

Old 10-14-2015, 11:16 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
It is a possibility that Queen Paola leaves the art deco bandeau directly to her granddaughter Elisabeth. But as long as it stays in the main line of the family, I'll be very happy.

If Queen Mathilde also has the Spanish tiara, that means she has four tiaras, one of them being extremely flexible. That is already more than the two previous Queens had.
I would like the idea of Paola's tiara going to Elizabeth. Man tiaras like that need kept in the main royal family line and no-one outside of Mathilde, Paola, Elizabeth and Leonore and the future wives of the boys will have much need for tiaras. Eventually it will only be Mathilde and Elizabeth who require regular use of tiaras.

Great to see this Wolfers tiara still in the family and the Queen wears it well

Old 10-14-2015, 12:21 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I doubt that Eleonore will have more opportunities to wear a tiara than Princess Astrid has (had). The younger children of Philippe and Mathilde are expected to find their own way in life and will not become full time members of the RF. This is unlike Astrid (and Laurent).

Still I do hope that Q. Elisabeth's tiara will stay in the main line - and possibly with the heiress who wss after all named for the Queen. Let's hope that CPss Elisabeth will also receive a tiara from the nobility at her 18th birthday as the Belgian RF certainly can use a few extra pieces.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:32 PM
Serene Highness

Great to see this tiara on Mathilde!

Now I wonder if Fabiola put her jewels into the Royal Trust, created a new trust or gave them to Mathilde.
It would be a good item to look into for the Belgian royalty TV programs Royalty or Place Royale.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:02 PM
Majesty

Belgian State visit to Poland - Day 2 |kapenot88 |ru_royalty

Please, scroll down to the comment section. aanika_18 posted a close-up photo of Queen Mathilde's bracelet. I hope it is not bijouterie.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:54 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Queen Mathilde wearing Wolfers necklace Tiara and the Laurel wreath tiara as a necklace:

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...faVfPA0xgl.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7M7XrvqSaa.../s1600/1aa.jpg

Old 10-16-2015, 09:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love that necklace.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:13 AM
Serene Highness

That is not a pretty bracelet.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:23 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Belgian State visit to Poland - Day 2 |kapenot88 |ru_royalty

Please, scroll down to the comment section. aanika_18 posted a close-up photo of Queen Mathilde's bracelet. I hope it is not bijouterie.
Thanks for that close-up. I don't recall seeing the bracelet before but it goes well with Q. Fabiola's Tunesian earrings that Q. Mathilde also wore.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Thanks for that close-up. I don't recall seeing the bracelet before but it goes well with Q. Fabiola's Tunesian earrings that Q. Mathilde also wore.
There was a discussion on the Royal Jewels MB yesterday. There is a bracelet that belongs to the tunisian Parure but it is not the one worn by QW. Mathilde in Poland.
I'm now waiting that Q. Mathilde will also wear the necklace of the tunisian Parure as i think she has got the entire demi-Parure.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:50 PM
Aristocracy

The last time the Wolfers tiara was seen was during a 1993 state visit to the Netherlands made by Baudouin and Fabiola. That is a long wait to see this tiara again. I'm pleased it went to Mathilde and I hope we'll soon see the aquamarines.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:32 PM
Majesty

I love these earrings Mathilde wore in 2007.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:17 PM
Majesty

Incomprehensible, ghastly outfit...lovely earrings.

I am almost certain they belonged to Queen Fabiola.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968
Old 10-24-2015, 11:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Queen Mathilde wearing Wolfers necklace Tiara and the Laurel wreath tiara as a necklace:

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...faVfPA0xgl.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7M7XrvqSaa.../s1600/1aa.jpg
Would I be a total barbarian to feel that the whole ensemble would have looked so much nicer if she had switched the tiaras?

The Laurel Wreath tiara is one of the most elegant tiaras around and on Mathilde, sheer magic.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:45 AM
Royal Highness

finally! a belgian queen with a respectable amount of jewels!
Old 10-25-2015, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Would I be a total barbarian to feel that the whole ensemble would have looked so much nicer if she had switched the tiaras?

The Laurel Wreath tiara is one of the most elegant tiaras around and on Mathilde, sheer magic.
I kind of agree that the laurel wreath tiara is more elegant and beautiful as a tiara than the Wolfers. But I also love to see it as a necklace. And most of all, I am very happy that Queen Mathilde chose to wear the Wolfers as a tiara for it's first wearing. It was a great debut of a long un-seen jewel!

For future appearance of this combination of jewels I will be happy to see it the other way round. And I am very fond of diversity. So I hope that Mathilde will put all her tiaras on rotation.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Can anyone identify this exquisite brooch and necklace that Mathilde is wearing from a few years back?

http://i43.tinypic.com/2dvif6q.jpg
Old 10-25-2015, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Iirc, the brooch has only been seen once, like the necklace. It is assumed to be either a loan, or a decorative part of the gown.

Old 10-25-2015, 05:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
finally! a belgian queen with a respectable amount of jewels!
Queen Fabiola had a more than "respectable" amount of jewels. She had a vault, and happily her successor Mathilde seems to be benefitting from it!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968

Tags
crown princess mathilde, jewellery, mathilde, princess mathilde