Queen Mathilde Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One can assume, since she's wearing it, that the tiara was either left to Mathilde personally, or to the royal family. I don't think we'll know specifics unless the royal family confirms anything.

Mathilde sti.l has her laurel tiara, which she wears as a necklace today. She hasn't worn it for the few tiara events she had since she is Queen, but it was clear that it is still available for her.

The Wolfer's tiara has belonged to Queen Fabiola. A fter her death it was not known if it was still in the family, or if it had gone to Fabiola's foundation, together with the bulk of her estate. Today's banquet shows that it still belongs to the Royal family.
Thanks for the clarification!:flowers:
It is great that Queen Mathilde has one more tiara at her disposal. I completely forgot about the Laurel Wreath tiara. It was the wedding gift from the Belgian nobility.

Tilia, it is a dream , the late Queen gave her tiara to the new Queen.

Do we have a better picture of the tiara? (Not from today, just a picture of how the tiara looks)

Tilia, it is a dream , the late Queen gave her tiara to the new Queen.
Yes it is wonderful! For you, as a Belgian lady, it must be even more special than to the bulk of us tiara lovers. Queen Mathilde is such a lovely lady, she really deserves these jewels.:flowers:

I'm not keen on the Laurel wreath as a necklace,I prefer it as a tiara.

Do we have a better picture of the tiara? (Not from today, just a picture of how the tiara looks)
Here are some blogs about it:
Saturday Sparkler: The Wolfers Tiara | The Court Jeweller
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Wolfers Necklace Tiara
De Wolfers-tiara - All Things Royal
Tiara Mania: Diamond Necklace Tiara

As you can see, it also makes a very nice diamond necklace. So we can look forward to Mathilde wearing it as necklace as well.

The good thing at the wolfers tiara is that it can also be worn as necklace. For example Queen Fabiola often paired it with the Nine provinces tiara to which i think the laurel wreath tiara would not work as the styles are so different.

Queen Mathilde wears for the first time Queen Fabiola's present from the belgians.
I don't know if we will see the Mrs Franco's tiara!

This is the best close-up from today's gala I've found so far.

Attachments

• qm.jpg
    qm.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 180
:previous: I have to admit to being totally underwhelmed. I wish she had worn her Laurel Leaf as a tiara and the Wolfers as a necklace because the Laurel Leaf has an elegance and purity of line that the Wolfers lacks.

Queen Mathilde wears for the first time Queen Fabiola's present from the belgians.
I don't know if we will see the Mrs Franco's tiara!

It is NOT Franco's diadem but it was a gift from Spain. That Franco, at that moment, was the head of state does not make it a gift from him.

Queen Fabiola wearing the Wolfers necklace as a diadem during the State Visit of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands to Belgium (1981): picture.

Queen Fabiola wearing the Wolfers necklace as a diadem during a formal lunch in the War Council Chamber of the Royal Palace Amsterdam (1993): picture.

:flowers:

Last edited:
It is a possibility that Queen Paola leaves the art deco bandeau directly to her granddaughter Elisabeth. But as long as it stays in the main line of the family, I'll be very happy.

If Queen Mathilde also has the Spanish tiara, that means she has four tiaras, one of them being extremely flexible. That is already more than the two previous Queens had.

I would like the idea of Paola's tiara going to Elizabeth. Man tiaras like that need kept in the main royal family line and no-one outside of Mathilde, Paola, Elizabeth and Leonore and the future wives of the boys will have much need for tiaras. Eventually it will only be Mathilde and Elizabeth who require regular use of tiaras.

Great to see this Wolfers tiara still in the family and the Queen wears it well

I doubt that Eleonore will have more opportunities to wear a tiara than Princess Astrid has (had). The younger children of Philippe and Mathilde are expected to find their own way in life and will not become full time members of the RF. This is unlike Astrid (and Laurent).

Still I do hope that Q. Elisabeth's tiara will stay in the main line - and possibly with the heiress who wss after all named for the Queen. Let's hope that CPss Elisabeth will also receive a tiara from the nobility at her 18th birthday as the Belgian RF certainly can use a few extra pieces.

Last edited:
Great to see this tiara on Mathilde!

Now I wonder if Fabiola put her jewels into the Royal Trust, created a new trust or gave them to Mathilde.
It would be a good item to look into for the Belgian royalty TV programs Royalty or Place Royale.

I love that necklace.

Thanks for that close-up. I don't recall seeing the bracelet before but it goes well with Q. Fabiola's Tunesian earrings that Q. Mathilde also wore.

There was a discussion on the Royal Jewels MB yesterday. There is a bracelet that belongs to the tunisian Parure but it is not the one worn by QW. Mathilde in Poland.
I'm now waiting that Q. Mathilde will also wear the necklace of the tunisian Parure as i think she has got the entire demi-Parure.

The last time the Wolfers tiara was seen was during a 1993 state visit to the Netherlands made by Baudouin and Fabiola. That is a long wait to see this tiara again. I'm pleased it went to Mathilde and I hope we'll soon see the aquamarines.

:previous:Incomprehensible, ghastly outfit...lovely earrings.

I am almost certain they belonged to Queen Fabiola.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom