The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-03-2014, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
That is one gorgeous set. What are the stones used for it?
I think they're lavender jade, combined with amethysts. Princess Martha Louise also has a pretty earring and necklace set in the same shade of jade. I think Mathilde might've been wearing a matching ring in her left hand as well but I couldn't find a good picture of it.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Never knew there was such a thing as lavender jade. Stunning!

Old 05-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Never knew there was such a thing as lavender jade. Stunning!
Neither did I. The stuff I learn around here is amazing at times. :). It really is a stunning set.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Actually jade comes in several shades. My mom has an earring and pendant set in green jade and one in lavender, they're both lovely.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Neither did I. The stuff I learn around here is amazing at times. :). It really is a stunning set.
Indeed on both counts. You do learn amazing stuff on here, and it is a stunning set. I think I like lavender jade better than green jade. But then purple is my favorite color.
And those amethysts!
Old 05-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

Here's a picture of Princess Martha Louise in the set I mentioned before. I'm pretty sure it is lavender jade as well and the earrings are quite similar in design to Queen Mathilde's.

*Image has been heavily cropped, comprising less than 20% of the original, and is not subject to copyright
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MarthaLouise.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	291435  
Old 05-03-2014, 10:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Looks like it to me. That set is even more stunning than Mathilde's.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Such unusual gems, but I love Mathilde's bracelet with the mixture of jade and amethyst with the smaller stones in between. A very vintage look and just so eye-catching.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
Here's a picture of Princess Martha Louise in the set I mentioned before. I'm pretty sure it is lavender jade as well and the earrings are quite similar in design to Queen Mathilde's.

*Image has been heavily cropped, comprising less than 20% of the original, and is not subject to copyright
I would have sworn due to the lighting that Martha Louise's necklace were Opals. A shame, as my birthstone is so beautiful, but gets so little Royal love.

I love both her necklace and Mathilde's set. I think because they look antique and also the cabochon look. I adore cabochon jewelry like this for a formal daytime look. It gives you a good zing of bling, but w/out it being too flashy and in your face, if that makes sense. I hope. :)
Old 05-04-2014, 07:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Bling zing; great phrase!
Old 07-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Now that Elisabetta wore Mathilde's wedding tiara, it seems Paola gave it to Astrid. If so, then maybe Mathilde will never wear the tiara again, which is too bad.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Now that Elisabetta wore Mathilde's wedding tiara, it seems Paola gave it to Astrid. If so, then maybe Mathilde will never wear the tiara again, which is too bad.
But Queen Paola is Amadeo's grandmother. Why shouldn't granny lend her tiara to her grandson's bride? I don't think that it means that it has gone to Princess Astrid, and I hope that Queen Paola will still wear it from time to time, eg. at lavish Skandinavian birthdays (Margrethe II will be 75 next year).

I think that Paola will keep for live and than leave it either to Mathilde or Elisabeth.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think the Queen will attend other glittering royal Events anymore and give this tiara to her daughter in law the actual Queen.
What nice to see Queen Elisabeth's tiara - to Queen Astrid as present for Prince Albert's birth- unlucky to Princess Lilian who add the 9 diamonds of the Queen's tiara - to Princess Paola, Prince Albert's wife - and now to Elisabetta and later for Princess Astrid's other weddings to come( 3 daughters).
I should not be surprised this tiara will be Princess Astrid's as she has no tiara on her own.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
I don't think the Queen will attend other glittering royal Events anymore and give this tiara to her daughter in law the actual Queen.
What nice to see Queen Elisabeth's tiara - to Queen Astrid as present for Prince Albert's birth- unlucky to Princess Lilian who add the 9 diamonds of the Queen's tiara - to Princess Paola, Prince Albert's wife - and now to Elisabetta and later for Princess Astrid's other weddings to come( 3 daughters).
I should not be surprised this tiara will be Princess Astrid's as she has no tiara on her own.
I'm still not convinced. Princess Margharita has to leave her jewels to someone and Lorenz is the eldest son. She would want her highest ranking daughter-in-law to continue to wear these important jewels. Maybe she already gave the tiara to Lorenzs, this might save inheritance tax.

I hope that the next wedding comes soon, because I'm curious to see if this bandeau becomes the family's wedding tiara. And I still hope that Princess Elisabeth will have this tiara in the end. She bears the name of the first owner and will be the next queen.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
I hope not!! Belgium royals family is already quite short of tiaras and I hope this tiara stays with Queen Mathilde and to the future Queen Elisabeth. Astrid's 3 daughters could wear tiaras of their paternal's family or borrow the Belgium tiaras.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

King Albert and Queen Poala did not attend the State Dinner of the President of China, they were on holiday.....
Old 07-08-2014, 03:27 PM
Royal Highness

Who knows? In Norway Princess Märtha-Louise normally does not attend State Visits anymore. But she appeared at the banquets for befriended royals like King Juan Carlos, Queen Beatrix or GD Henri. So I have a tiny hope that Albert & Paola will attend at least some special banquets in the future. I just won't give up hope to see the art deco tiara on Paola again.

Although Queen Fabiola stopped wearing tiaras after her husband's death, she did not pass her personal tiaras on, so why should Queen Paola? Princess Astrid has a perfectly beautiful tiara to wear, her daughters and Elisabetta probably won't attend State Visits. She needs another tiara much less than the current queen whose four children probably will attend State Visits once they reach the appropriate age.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I would hope Queens Fabiola and Paola would eventually pass on their jewels to Queen Mathilde and that way they are preserved for the future as part of a royal collection.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am sure and not sure ,An Ard Ri.
Queen fabiola gave anything to Queen Paola , their relationship was never good.
Now we have to wait future glittering Royal Events.
They are jewels She received for her wedding (Spain and Wolfers tiaras) and jewels from King Baudouin (aquamarines)
I hope at least seeing the 2 tiaras which will be much nicer on Mathilde's hairdo.

Concerning Queen Paola's tiaras , the deco and 2 necklaces shore wore as tiaras, I am not sure She will give them to Queen Mathilde. The relationship between the 2 Royal houses is bad for the moment !
Old 07-09-2014, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I would hope that both Queens Fabiola and Paola leave their tiaras and important jewels to Mathilde.

Tags
crown princess mathilde, jewellery, mathilde, princess mathilde