Queen Mathilde Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crown Princess Mathilde during the Pre-Inauguration Dinner at the Rijksmuseum on April 29, 2013: http://imageshack.us/a/img594/9412/article2316740198bc0250.jpg
She is wearing her laurel wreath tiara, a brooch from Queen Fabiola and a pair of earrings I've never seen before. Did anyone find high resolution photos of the jewelry?
Anyway, Mathilde's earrings look remotely similar in design to these http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/princess-marie-of-denmark-jewellery-14245-21.html#post1476841 from Princess Marie, yet -unfortunately- much chunkier i.m.o..

Last edited:
The brooch she is wearing is exquisite!

Last edited by a moderator:
She really looks stunning. I love the whole outfit. As she is wearing Queen Fabiolas brooch quite often now, I assume it was a gift to her.

she has worn the brosch several times now do you think she got it from fabiola or is she borrowing it?

she has worn the brosch several times now do you think she got it from fabiola or is she borrowing it?
That is what we don't know. She also worn a pair of earrings who are part of a tunisian Set of Queen Fabiola at the Dinner given by the dutch Prime Minister

Princess Mathilde wears Queen Fabiola's brooch and now her earrings .. it is a good start!

I thought she looked amazing at the Inauguration each outfit had just the right jewel I am not usually a fan but I loved her choices for each outfit.

She also worn a pair of earrings who are part of a tunisian Set of Queen Fabiola at the Dinner given by the dutch Prime Minister
Thank you for the information :flowers: -here are photos of it: http://imageshack.us/a/img812/8860/mathilde1zpse4221802.jpg; http://imageshack.us/a/img35/3769/1fabiolaemeraude23large.jpg
Since the neckline of Mathilde's evening gown on April 30, 2013 only "permitted" earrings, I'm curious when she'll bring along the necklace which would also look marvellous as a bandeau tiara in her hair.
Zoom from April 29: http://imageshack.us/a/img153/3056/mathilde2zps6e0fe81a.jpg

Last edited:

Queen Fabiola gave it the brooch to Mathilde as her wedding present. So Currently it's hers.

I really wish Queen Paola would lend Mathilde a tiara, like the Nine Provinces tiara, or Queen Elisabeth's Diamond Bandeau again. Correct me if I am wrong but, I find it strange that Claire has two tiaras but Mathilde only has one.

The Nine Provinces Tiara is reserved for the Queen only. So Mathilde shouldn’t wear it before Philippe ascends to the throne.

I can understand Queen Paola for not sharing other tiara. She only has two for herself, and needs to represent her status as Queen. Well there is a third one, if you count the really tiny necklace tiara which hasn’t been worn in it’s tiara shape for ages. This necklace tiara might be ok for one of the young princesses when they turn 18, but it’s too tiny for Mathilde, imo.

As for Claire’s second tiara: we don’t know where it came from, but it probably wasn’t a gift from the King and Queen. And if Laurent wanted his wife to have second tiara (as her first one was really small), that has nothing to do with Mathilde having only one tiara.

Mathilde will probably inherit the tiaras of Queen Fabiola. And she will certainly have the Nine Provinces tiara upon Philippe’s accession. So it’s not that necessary to go tiara shopping for her now and in the times of crisis.

But Fabiola since doesn’t wear tiaras anymore, I wish that she would lend Mathilde at least the Wolfers tiara.

I really wish Queen Paola would lend Mathilde a tiara, like the Nine Provinces tiara, or Queen Elisabeth's Diamond Bandeau again. Correct me if I am wrong but, I find it strange that Claire has two tiaras but Mathilde only has one.

Claire has two small and simple tiaras and the pearl tiara I believe to be a necklace that belonged to queen Elisabeth, I find Mathilde's laurel tiara much more interesting. And she seems very happy with it. I wonder why queen Paola hasn't wear the nine provinces tiara recently and lend the queen Elisabeth bandeau to Mathilde.

My guess in terms of tiaras: the Nine-Provinces Tiara will be handed over to the new Queen Mathilde. Queen Paola will continue to wear her diamond bandeau.

It would also be very nice if Queen Fabiola will present Mathilde with the strawberry leaf Tiara. Mainly because I would so much like to see it again. :D I know, a couple of days ago I wanted her to receive the Wolfers Tiara, appropriate for a CP. The Strawberry Leaf Tiara is perfect for a Queen.

Her wedding tiara:

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Queen Elisabeth's Diamond Bandeau

As the Belgian royals do not have a lot tiaras, this is my favorite one. Though I admit this tiara is nothing special, I do like the design of it, I find it very lovely and simple. I also like the shape and the size. I especially like it as a necklace. In my opinion, this tiara is neither awful or spectacular, but a very elegant and lovely tiara.

Last edited:
I'm not certain if Paola will keep any tiaras--she will not have significant need for any and can certainly borrow one if needed from the Queen. I personally believe it is time for the Belgiums to start a Foundation not unlike the Bernadottes with their jewel collection. This will allow these lovely pieces to not leave to various branches and children. As Queen, Mathilde should have at her disposal the Nine Provinces (which can be worn as a simple bandeau with diamond prongs or arches, without the arches but with the prongs, or in its full version of bandeau, prongs, arches), Queen Elisabeth's tiara with the interlocking E's (charming), and her own far lovelier wreath tiara. I am hoping for a remergence of the Stockholm tiara as well-- at least in simple bandeau form and the pearl as a brooch. I dearly hope it is still around--I can't imagine it having been sold. I also hope desperately that those emeralds of Lilian's emerge as well---we all know Fabiola didn't like her and I have always believed that she has sat on various pieces of jewels that were worn by Lilian.

:previous:
I disagree about Paolo not needing a tiara anymore. She will still be invited to tiara events like big birthdays in Denmark, etc. Also she will still attend incoming state visits to Belgium. Imo, it is unlikely that Paola will copy her sister-in-law Fabiola and stop wearing tiaras all together.

That is why I think that Mathilde will only have her own wreath tiara and the 9-provinces tiara. And if we are very, very lucky, Queen Fabiola might present her with one of her tiaras as well.

It may not be called that but no one also owns it. Only a queen can wear it, and when her tenure ends, she must give it to the next queen. Even Princess Lilian wasn't allowed to wear it fully as a tiara. although she was the wife of a king, she never was HM Queen of the Belgian. So there are some strict rules about this tiara.

Do you have a reference for this information? afaik this is a family-custom, not a rule..
However, it's not an official crown-jewel, as (as mentioned before) Belgium does not have those.

more correctly, the BASE of the Nine Provinces Tiara...

Attachments

• Jewels Nine Provinces Tiara base July 2013.jpg
    Jewels Nine Provinces Tiara base July 2013.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 2,466
Last edited:
Do you have a reference for this information? afaik this is a family-custom, not a rule..

However, it's not an official crown-jewel, as (as mentioned before) Belgium does not have those..

No, it is not an official crown jewel, as Belgium has none. But with the restriction upon using it, I consider it a semi official crown jewel.

more correctly, the BASE of the Nine Provinces Tiara...

I was waiting to see the Picture of Mathilde in the nine provinces Tiara AND I am happy that she is wearing only the base - I think it Looks so much better......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom