Queen Margrethe II Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have it in colar this extrardinary set in emeralds may be seen in castle Rosenberg and may never leave Danemark . They are crown jewels.

So to me it looks like the Queen has learned a lesson from the past (the divorce?) and changed the policy for handing out jewellery. She seems to be more careful to keep important jewellery in the family.

She has indeed, but I suppose that back in 1995 noone, least of all HM could imagine what would happen some nine years down the road!
I remember reading somewhere that countess Alexandra and the royal family struck an agreement that her tiara would be left to her sons. So the beautiful thing will move away from the main line of the family, but at least it will not be sold.

I don't remember seeing anything on print! While it would be a logical outcome, .it's just a tad impractial with one tiara between two daugthers-in-law :)!
I have always wondered why the RF didn't suggest a compensation for Alexandra in return for the tiara? She won't have much use for it in the future.
As for Princess Elisabeth’s sapphire tiara I only hope that she will leave it to the royal family. But she might leave it to her nieces who are her closest relations.
She will leave the jewellery to the main line, if she is very forgiving and generous, however she has no obvious reason to! The nieces are closer to her, but they won't be attending many RF events in the future!

Viv

What has she to forgive ???

Sorry, I took it for granted that you knew:
The way her father and elder brother were sidetracked in connection with the chance of the succession law in 1953!

At the bottomline, the change was the best for the prospects of the Danish monarchy, but it was a bitter process for the prince Knud-line of the family!

Viv

The way her father and elder brother were sidetracked in connection with the chance of the succession law in 1953!

At the bottomline, the change was the best for the prospects of the Danish monarchy, but it was a bitter process for the prince Knud-line of the family!

Viv
I think there has always been a sore spot with how they were treated during the years since the succession change. QEII's cousins and children are so much a part of the British royal life and events, this is something we can all learn from.

I was wondering if that was what you were thinking about :flowers:
Do you think this still is a problem? After all it is 56 years ago. I don't hope for her that this is an issue for bitterness so many years after.

And honestly I really don't think so :flowers:. But the tiara might go to a niece of hers anyway for reasons......such as nearness and love.

Do you think this still is a problem? After all it is 56 years ago. I don't hope for her that this is an issue for bitterness so many years after. .

Whatever Princess Elisabeth thinks and feels about the matter today, she has no apparent reason to bequeath her private jewellery to her cousins in the main line of the family; jewellery, some of which could possibly fetch a substatial sum at at an international auction because of its Russian IF provenance.

However should she decide to bequeath i.e. her sapphire tiara to the main line, she will have her private reasons for doing so! IMO a good reason would be that the tiara remains in Denmark rather than ending up with the wife of some instant oil millionaire in the proverbial Timbuktu! :D

The obvious choice would be to bequeath it to one of her three nieces. But as mentioned earlier, they won't find much use for tiaras in the future: To prove my point, they weren't invited to cousin Fred's wedding (well, they were at the cathedral, but not at the dinner-dance at Fredensborg) and none of them were invited to the recent wedding of Prince Joachim!

Viv

Last edited:
I think there has always been a sore spot with how they were treated during the years since the succession changes. QEII's cousins and children are so much a part of the British royal life and events, this is something we can all learn from.

Indeed! Outwardly the children of Prince Knud have always been reasonably loyal to the main line, trying to keep up appearances, dusting off their finery when they got the odd invitation to some RF event.

However I remember that several years ago one of the brothers - Christian if I remember correctly - admitted in an interview that the relationship between the King Frederik and his brother had suffered after 1953.

QEII's cousins and children are so much a part of the British royal life and events, this is something we can all learn from.

Prince and Princess Michael being the exception to the rule ?? ;)

Viv

Not to derail the topic, but Prince and Pincess Michael of Kent attend most royal events. Trooping the Colour, Royal Ascot, State Banquets, Rememberance Day Services, Thanksgiving Services, weddings etc and so forth.

:previous: I think Queen Margethe is every inch a Queen! But more than that, she is a talented and artistic person with a wildly eclectic taste in everything from art to clothing and jewelery.

Her seemingly ever effervescent personality is clothed in colour, adorned by truely spectacular (or really out there for those of a traditional bent) jewellery, worn with grace, wit and style. She really is a remarkable woman in her own right, a "one off". She knows how to wow with the Emerald Parure or to tease and provoke interest and debate when flashing her "Poppies"!

In fact, I think she is truely the one Monarch I would most like to meet. With all that wit and whimsey I bet she is a dynamite raconteur! And me, I'd probably stand there staring at her jewelery like a bunny caught in the headlights.

I had not seen photos of QMargrethe in these wonderful earrings, I love them. I agree that she is so artistic, and I think her jewelry choices reflect that ecclectic personality most of the time.

:previous:
Thanks for the link, Lumutqueen.

Seeing The Rosenborg necklace at the 2010 New Years Court was my hope. I wonted to see HM with the Flower aigrette in it's full splendour, though.

Bogdan

I saw this necklace at Rosenberg castle and also the emeralds parure. I must say that this necklace is WONDERFUL in itself but not together with the Elefant' order necklace.

Are those huge lumps of rocks diamonds????? Whats the history behind this set?

No not the tiara she wore , only the emerald tiara and parure , the diamant brooch (flower) and the big diamant necklace she wore, are to be seen in Rosenberg castle.

Thanks for the pictures, I saw only the Queen's pearl and diamond tiara , the 2 tiaras belonging to Prince Knud's heirs : the fringe and the saphires tiaras.
But I never saw the others ? May someone help me

I believe that the saphire tiara belong to Princess Elizabeth but who owns that fringe tiara?

I believe that the saphire tiara belong to Princess Elizabeth but who owns that fringe tiara?

I believe that it was originally Queen Alexandrine's and now is worn by her grandson, Ingolf's, wife Countess Sussie.

Queen Margrethe has worn a wonderful turquoise necklace and brooch (?) to the court ball.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3764/seeger00232278.jpg
The pendent of the necklace is the detachabel bottom part of the stomacher/brooch. To me the stomacher looks a bit "empty" and unbalanced without the pendant. Her earrings also contain turquoises.
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
And of course she wears once again her floral aigrette tiara. I really get the impression that this is her favourite tiara, she wears it very often.

The pendant missing from the bottom of the stomacher looks like a crab to me.:p The tiara is so beautiful and I like the way the Queen wears in a variety of ways in her hair. It must be very light weight as compared to other tiaras.:flowers:

The pendant missing from the bottom of the stomacher looks like a crab to me.:p The tiara is so beautiful and I like the way the Queen wears in a variety of ways in her hair. It must be very light weight as compared to other tiaras.:flowers:
Hehehe... I like your comment about the crab-like look of the stomacher:flowers:
The tiara is a fairly modern piece, so I guess it is made by using light platinium and modern techniques to keep it as light as possible. The 3 pieces can also be put on a frame to be worn as a "classical" tiara, wich also looks very nice. I wish that the Queen would do this from time to time, just for the sake of more variety.

The 3 pieces can also be put on a frame to be worn as a "classical" tiara, wich also looks very nice. I wish that the Queen would do this from time to time, just for the sake of more variety.

I hope the Crown Princess converts it back to a tiara as worn by Queen Ingrid when she is Queen. It looked so lovely in it's wreathed setting.

does anyone have a picture of the floral tiara on frame like a classic tiara?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom