Queen Margrethe II Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a wuastian
at the New Year Levees is gala, but why not grand jewllery as tiaras?

i have a wuastian
at the New Year Levees is gala, but why not grand jewllery as tiaras?

Because only the first one (the one on 01. January) takes place in the evening. The others are daytime Events.

what tiaras does she have?
Pic no. 1:
The Baden Palmette tiara, a Swedish export via Queen Ingrid! It was an heirloom from the parents of Queen Victoria!

Pic no. 2:
Diamond tiara, can be removed from the crown ring and taken into three parts. This tiara was acquired by OR bequeathed to Queen Ingrid around 1965. It has alledgedly belonged to a Danish- American.

Pic. no. 3:
The emerald & diamond "state" tiara. Part of the emerald parure of the crown jewels.

Pic. no. 4.
The Nassau pearl-poire tiara, of Dutch origin, arrived in Sweden with Queen Louise and was given to her dauther Princess Lovisa, later queen of Denmark. Now family foundation jewellery.

Last edited by a moderator:
she also own the diamond and turqiose bandeau tiara
the tiara worn by Princess Marie
the golden poppies (if considered as tiara)

Oh please:rolleyes:!
BTW the diamond-turqoise bandeau doesn't appear often these days!

Yes but she wore it only recenmtly in Tanzania last autumn.

Yes but she wore it only recenmtly in Tanzania last autumn.
Do you have any good pics of this tiara? I just can't find any pics which really show what it looks like.
It seems to be rather small, but quite nice actually (form what I can recognise). I wonder if she hardly ever wears it because she prefers her bigger tiaras? If so, she could lend it to Mary from time to time. I hate tiaras to be hidden away in the vaults!

Danish Tiaras

Have a look at all the tiaras on display at the recent exhibition at Amalienborg Museum

Royal News 2009

what tiara did she wear at the greek state visit?

After Queen Alexandrine 's death the juwels were share equally between her 2 sons.
Prince Knud's heirs have the sapphire tiara and the fringe tiara.
Princess Elisabeth never married. I hope she will give her sapphire tiara to the Royal Crown and that it will be sold at an auction.
It was sad to see at Drouot /Paris an auction where the great decorations of Prince Axel and his son Prince George were sold. (1.300 euros for a row of 10 small décorations)

I know I have said it before but I think the only way the jewels should be sold is to sell them back to the crown.

:previous:
But what if 'the Crown' doesn't want or can't afford them?

:previous:
But what if 'the Crown' doesn't want or can't afford them?
You are right, hard as it is to believe. I would think they would want to set up a fund to buy things like this but I guess I'm stuck back in time when building up a collection was an important thing to do. Most seem OK with what they have, or would rather have a Hermes croc bag than to save some history.:D
I'm glad the old jewelry houses have bought back many things to keep them intact. I guess if I had the dough I would want to buy something royal giving it that cache' and upping the price.

Have a look at all the tiaras on display at the recent exhibition at Amalienborg Museum

Royal News 2009

I really like the pink pearl drop tiara. Some of those tiaras though are well... different shall we say.

Thanks for the pictures, I saw only the Queen's pearl and diamond tiara , the 2 tiaras belonging to Prince Knud's heirs : the fringe and the saphires tiaras.
But I never saw the others ? May someone help me

You are right, hard as it is to believe. I would think they would want to set up a fund to buy things like this but I guess I'm stuck back in time when building up a collection was an important thing to do. Most seem OK with what they have, or would rather have a Hermes croc bag than to save some history.:D
I'm glad the old jewelry houses have bought back many things to keep them intact. I guess if I had the dough I would want to buy something royal giving it that cache' and upping the price.

Yes but on the other hand the jewels of Queen Ingrid where also shared between her 3 daughtes. If the same is done with the Jewels Queen Margrethe private owns there will be lesser pieces and at some epoint they have to buy new pieces for the new daughters-in-laws or daughters.

Last edited:
Did the royal collection loose countess Alexandra's tiara ?

As far as we are aware, yes it has. Unless handed back to the Queen by the countess, or bequeathed back to the immediate royal family by one of her two boys in the years to come.

well i think she , Alexandra, should to give the itara to the first boy future wife!

- Princess Mary received a new tiara at her wedding as a gift (well, it is antique, but a new acquisition). So it seems that she owns it, as it was officially announced that it was a gift from the queen and the prince consort. But it is not a family heirloom.
- Princess Marie got a tiara from the royal family, but at the wedding it was announced that it belongs to the queen. It might be some kind of long-term loan, but no gift.
So to me it looks like the Queen has learned a lesson from the past (the divorce?) and changed the policy for handing out jewellery. She seems to be more careful to keep important jewellery in the family.
I remember reading somewhere that countess Alexandra and the royal family struck an agreement that her tiara would be left to her sons. So the beautiful thing will move away from the main line of the family, but at least it will not be sold. Also the countess does not seem to be the type of person who sells out a royal tiara. As she always took her royals duties very serious, she might take a lot of pride in leaving it to her sons.
Anyway: I can’t find the article where I read this anymore, and don’t know if it was a reliable source. So much is guesswork when it comes to royal jewellery!
As for Princess Elisabeth’s sapphire tiara I only hope that she will leave it to the royal family. But she might leave it to her nieces who are her closest relations. After all this is also guesswork since the are not going to show us her will:cool: Well, for the time being I wish her a long and happy life!

Does anyone have a behind the head shot of the tiara QM wore last night?

I looks like it was the floral wreath type thingy - made up of a bunch of brooches(?) that goes around her hairstyle.
:ermm:I don't know what to say about her look except I'm surprised to see her wearing a turquoise brooch.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/
click on the photo to get the gallery, then click on the fourth photo in the second row (CP Frederick & CP Mary with CP Haakon of Norway) for the gallery of the event.

I was thinking the same thing about the turquoise brooch. I have never seen it before. Does it have any other matching pieces?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom