Queen Margrethe II Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about the earrings, they looked so perfect with this red gown.

It surprised me to see the floral aigrette again because the Queen had already worn one part of it at last week's concert. But it was placed beautifully. It is so unique and versatile that I don't tire of seeing it.
I loved the earrings, they just worked perfectly with everything. Only Margrethe would haul out the rubies when wearing a red dress, and make them look great instead of swallowed in a sea of red!

The floral aigrette continues to be one of my most favourite of hair adornments and tonight's outing just confirms how magnificently versatile it is. When her hair is so grey as to be almost white, the aigrette winds it's way around her usual classic chignon and makes it both unusual and stunning.

That ring! Wow! Gorgeous! All the jewels are! Thanks for the great photos!

At the 2nd birthday dinner at Fredensborg the Queen wore turquoise jewellery and again one part of the floral aigrette. I really love the aigrette, but if she intended to wear parts of it for both the concert and the 2nd dinnen, why not choosing another tiara for the first dinner? It was a bit repetitive, imo.
View image: 20150416 Margrethe1

At the 2nd birthday dinner at Fredensborg the Queen wore turquoise jewellery and again one part of the floral aigrette. I really love the aigrette, but if she intended to wear parts of it for both the concert and the 2nd dinnen, why not choosing another tiara for the first dinner? It was a bit repetitive, imo.

I also think that diamond and gold Jewellry work not so good together. She could have choose one of the brooches from the Naasut tiara as it is supposed that there can be brooches made from it.
I also think that the Naaut tiara would work together with this demi Parure.

I also think that diamond and gold Jewellry work not so good together. She could have choose one of the brooches from the Naasut tiara as it is supposed that there can be brooches made from it.
I also think that the Naaut tiara would work together with this demi Parure.

I agree Stefan and I wasn't a fan of them either,the earrings also look a bit too long but that could just from the photo above.

I too agree, that is a good idea, Stefan! The Naasut tiara can be split into brooches, and there are fitting hair combs that can be attached to them. It would have been much better. I also think that the dress did not match the turquoise properly. The combination didn't harmonize properly, imo.

Those jewels are exquisite. I love the gold combined with the turquoise.

BT has quite a few details about QMII's new set of jewels: Se Dronningens smukke smykker: Henriks kærlighedsgaver - Fra editorial | www.bt.dk

It is a present from PH that has now been completed over three birthdays.
60, 70 and 75.
First the brooch, which depicts Diana the goddess of hunting along with stags. At the lower end of the brooch are two portraits of Frederik and Joachim. The brooch also contains the number 60.
The brooch can be split into two, and the lowermost turquis can also be detached.

For her 70th birthday, the earrings were added. The earrings can be worn in three lengths. QMII wore them at full length at the recent party.

The necklace was made some time back but was now added to complete the whole set.

Thomas Hardenberg, who has been making special orders for the regent Couple for 30 years also made the pearl necklace QMII wore for their silver anniversary in 1992.

Here are two closer looks at first the pearl necklace: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/608/8/8608269-fasdfd.jpg

And the new set: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/608/8/8608663-henriks-krlighedsgaver---1.jpg

BT has quite a few details about QMII's new set of jewels: Se Dronningens smukke smykker: Henriks kærlighedsgaver - Fra editorial | www.bt.dk

It is a present from PH that has now been completed over three birthdays.
60, 70 and 75.
First the brooch, which depicts Diana the goddess of hunting along with stags. At the lower end of the brooch are two portraits of Frederik and Joachim. The brooch also contains the number 60.
The brooch can be split into two, and the lowermost turquis can also be detached.

For her 70th birthday, the earrings were added. The earrings can be worn in three lengths. QMII wore them at full length at the recent party.

The necklace was made some time back but was now added to complete the whole set.

Thomas Hardenberg, who has been making special orders for the regent Couple for 30 years also made the pearl necklace QMII wore for their silver anniversary in 1992.

Here are two closer looks at first the pearl necklace: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/608/8/8608269-fasdfd.jpg

And the new set: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/608/8/8608663-henriks-krlighedsgaver---1.jpg

Thank you for this info, the Queen wearing his jewelry makes the Prince Consort's absence all the more poignant!:bang:

While I like the combination of gold and turquoise, I thought the general rule was gold jewelry was to be worn in the daytime only. I know people don't always hold on to the "old ways", but they really didn't look right with an evening gown. Or at least she should've worn the white and turquoise gown she wore with the other turquoise parure. Then the gold would've really popped!

The tiaras Margrethe wore at royal weddings and celebrations:

Joachim and Alexandra: 1

Haakon and Mette Marit: 1

Martha Louise and Ari: 1

Frederik and Mary: 1 2 3

Joachim and Marie: 1

Victoria and Daniel: 1

It's lovely how she always wears her Palmette tiara at some of the weddings.

Now added: Carl Philip's wedding

On October 22 Queen Margrethe wore her turquoise bandeau and large turquoise earrings at a State Banquet in Indonesia. Imo the stones look lovely with the darker blue gown. I'm happy that HM has the umphh to wear a tiara with a not so formal dress code! :D
View image: 151023 margrethe turquoise

I love the emerald tiara, the pearl tiara, the floral aigrette tiara and the baden palmette tiara. Don't really like the even though i find the naasut tiara interesting. If she is to wear a golden tiara, i take the nasuut tiara every day over the golden poppies

Beautiful collection of sapphire jewelry! And very beautiful the brooch now worn by Princess Marie.

97119f743142b2284f54980eea1900e7.jpg

here is the bandeau with other pieces from the turquoise parure

I love the turquoise bandeau. I wish Mary would wear it some time- she wears flowing floral evening gowns sometimes that I think would compliment it.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Couldn't agree more...the color is just too yellow and the design is very strange.When the Queen wears it, especially when she wears those yellow poppies it looks very odd, at least imo.

Queen Margrethe wears them well but I'm not mad about the design of the tiara.

Queen Margrethe wears them well but I'm not mad about the design of the tiara.
I think the design of the tiara is quiet nice but it is a pity that the emralds are so small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom