Queen Margrethe II Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a nice tiara but Queen MII has some far more splendid pieces in her royal collection.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Baden Palmette Tiara

I think tiara is very stunning and regal. I love the design of hearts. Simply a very beautiful and romantic tiara.

Its a nice tiara but Queen MII has some far more splendid pieces in her royal collection.

Its a lovely piece, but the Danish, like a lot of royal houses, have suffered as tiaras have left the main line. I do hope Benedikte, Anne-Marie, Marie and Alexandra's tiara's from the DRF return to the main line of the DRF after their respective deaths. Benedikte and Anne-Marie both have 2 Danish tiara's, and Joachim's wives have 2. Had these 4 been with the main line, there would have been a far wider selection for the ladies to choose from.

It's absolutely beautiful, I adore the hearts, but I do think the size is slightly odd. I might just be me but I have an irrational desire to stretch it a little whenever I see, make it a little wider.

Its a lovely piece, but the Danish, like a lot of royal houses, have suffered as tiaras have left the main line. I do hope Benedikte, Anne-Marie, Marie and Alexandra's tiara's from the DRF return to the main line of the DRF after their respective deaths. Benedikte and Anne-Marie both have 2 Danish tiara's, and Joachim's wives have 2. Had these 4 been with the main line, there would have been a far wider selection for the ladies to choose from.

As for the tiara worn Princess Marie it is only on loan so it has not left the main line yet. Unfortunately the danish royal ladies don't share their tiaras therefore it is likely that some of the tiara now belonging to Queen Margrethe will be left to Prince Joachim.

Actally I should correct myself, Benedikte and Anne-Marie have 2 Danish tiaras each. Together with the 2 that went to Joachim's wives, that is 6 Danish tiara's leaving the main line within the last 50 years. I would be surprised if any of these returned to the main line after the lives of the current wearers

Last edited by a moderator:
Actally I should correct myself, Benedikte and Anne-Marie have 2 Danish tiaras each. Together with the 2 that went to Joachim's wives, that is 6 Danish tiara's leaving the main line within the last 50 years. I would be surprised if any of these returned to the main line after the lives of the current wearers
But both Anne-Marie and Bendeikte got each a tiara which was not been a tiara previously and was created/converted for them. So they had not been worn by other danish royal ladies before them (at last as tiara, Anne-Marie antique corsage tiara had been worn as necklace by Queen Ingrid).

The jewels pass through the generations and on their way may pass in and out of families. That has been the way of things for generations. And let’s face it: over the generations, the tiara collection of the Danish Queens rather grew than diminished: Queen Ingrid alone added three tiaras to the collection of the current queen: the three-part-aigrette tiara, the Baden palmette tiara and the turquoise bandeau. On the other hand, Benedikte and Anne-Marie both got an 18th birthday tiara which was created for them from other jewels, and later they inherited a tiara which Ingrid had brought from Sweden.

Countess Alexandra has received Queen Margrethe’s 18th birthday tiara which has never been seen on Queen Alexandrine. And Marie has a tiara which was bought for Margrethe from the descendents of Princess Tyra. This smaller floral tiara does not originate from the main line of the family.

I must say that I’m quite happy that we can regularly see Anne-Marie, Benedikte and their daughters(-in-law) wearing tiaras at the Danish events. And they all have a right to their heritage.

The jewels pass through the generations and on their way may pass in and out of families. That has been the way of things for generations. And let’s face it: over the generations, the tiara collection of the Danish Queens rather grew than diminished: Queen Ingrid alone added three tiaras to the collection of the current queen: the three-part-aigrette tiara, the Baden palmette tiara and the turquoise bandeau. On the other hand, Benedikte and Anne-Marie both got an 18th birthday tiara which was created for them from other jewels, and later they inherited a tiara which Ingrid had brought from Sweden.

Countess Alexandra has received Queen Margrethe’s 18th birthday tiara which has never been seen on Queen Alexandrine. And Marie has a tiara which was bought for Margrethe from the descendents of Princess Tyra. This smaller floral tiara does not originate from the main line of the family.

I must say that I’m quite happy that we can regularly see Anne-Marie, Benedikte and their daughters(-in-law) wearing tiaras at the Danish events. And they all have a right to their heritage.

I am aware of how jewels have moved across Europe from family to family over the years, and how that makes the jewels a lot more interesting. I am also not denying Benedikte and Anne-Marie their Danish heritage. My point is that in more austere times when royal families seldom buy new tiaras, I would much rather see the Danish collection restored after the lifetimes of the sisters of the current Queen. These 6 tiaras could make a substantial addition to the vaults, that will, in time, need to provide for the 4 children of the next King and Queen. The children of Benedikte and A-M will continue to move further and further away from the main line. Perhaps, Mary could buy the tiaras back and agree to lend them to Fred's cousins when they need them for royal events.

It could make its way back into the family vault through Alexandra's sons? Personally I'm not too keen on this tiara and I think it suited QMII better than her former daughter in law.

It could, or Alexandra could be sensible and at some stage decide that she no longer has a use for it and hand it back to her mother-in-law (for a financial consideration, of course).

It could, or Alexandra could be sensible and at some stage decide that she no longer has a use for it and hand it back to her mother-in-law (for a financial consideration, of course).

That too is a possibility and it has happened before in royal houses where jewels lost have been bought back,the Countess of Frederiksborg may not have use for a tiara in the future.

The Countess of Frederiksborg has two sons who are Princes of Denmark and will attend family events of the DRF once they are off age. The most sensible thing for Countess Alexandra would be to keep the tiara safe for her future daughters-in-law. Unless she fares really badly in the financial department, she will keep the tiara for her sons. And I would hate so see bare-headed brides walking down the ailes towards Nicolai or Felix:eek:. I don't see the drop-diamond tiara to go back to the mainline during the lifefime of either of them, but maybe their kids will offer it back to an elderly King Christian?

I am sure Nicoli and Felix' interests would be looked after by their grand mother.

:previous: Very special earrings. Can't say they're my style but they're very classically QMII and I love that :lol:

And I would hate so see bare-headed brides walking down the ailes towards Nicolai or Felix:eek:

That won't happen. Most likely QMII or Mary (depending on who is Queen at the time of their weddings) would lend the bride one of their tiaras. Perhaps not one of the grandest tiaras, but I'm sure they would be lend one.

I don't, however, think Alexandra would return her tiara to QMII. I definitely think she keeps it with her future daughters-in-law in mind.

This is a necklace that HM has worn on occasion, but I have not seen her use for many years. Is there any information as to how long HM has had it, and are there any other pictures of her using it.

I got the image from the Princess Mary Fashion threads where it had been posted recently.

Attachments

• Marg.jpg
    Marg.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 670
:previous:
It was a gift from, King Feisal (or Fahd) of Saudi-Arabia. See has worn it more often in the 1980's and 1990's.

It was a gift from, King Feisal (or Fahd) of Saudi-Arabia. See has worn it more often in the 1980's and 1990's.

Thank you. It is a lovely necklace, are there any other pictures of her in it?

During Frederik and Mary's wedding celebrations, the Queen wore 3 tiaras:

Emerald Tiara

Pearl Poire Tiara

Floral Tiara

Absolutely magnificent! In my opinion, those tiaras were appropriate for the events. She also for the same tiaras at her 70th birthday celebrations in 2010. I was expecting her to wear the Pearl tiara at the wedding but after reading that her mother wore the Floral tiara at her wedding, I understand why she wore it. I hope Mary will wear the Floral tiara at Christian's future wedding.

Last edited:
Lovely jewels. Hideous gowns. And her teeth...there are no words. Not sure if that's cofffee/tea or cigarettes, but YIKES!

Love the jewels, and the pink gown. Never seen the green gown- the sleeves - eek . And the teeth- yikes!

I'm a big fan of the emerald parure, this is probably my favourite emerald tiara around. And as usual HM carries it off with style.

Ugh. That BT link isnt working for me!

I'm a big fan of the emerald parure, this is probably my favourite emerald tiara around. And as usual HM carries it off with style.

I am too and I agree Her Majesty wears it very well and it also matches her gown!

I love the huge pearl and diamond brooch morn by the Queen at the 2nd New Year's court today.

It's from her pearl and diamond parure. I can't find a closeup from today's Court but here it is with the entire parure.

http://imageshack.com/a/img537/2103/CFiR3B.jpg

Last edited:
Wow- those are some rocks! I've never seen bigger, or more lovely pearls! Gorgeous!

HM Queen Margrethe II at the Royal New Year Reception, Amalienborg Palace, 1 January 2015

Danish Royal Photographer Hasse Ferrold has kindly given us permission to reproduce some of his photographs.
The cropped portion below remains copyright of Hasse Ferrold and must not be reproduced elsewhere.

PHOTOHASSEFERROLDROYALNEWYEARRECEPTION1012015DRONNINGENampKGLFAMILIE1QueenJewels.jpg

© Hasse Ferrold
hasse.ferrold@gmail.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom