Queen Margrethe II Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh. Great shot dbarn67, that is such a lovely coat with those gorgeous earrings!

Tonight she was wearing the palmette (?) tiara.
Queen Margrethe II Of Denmark Arrives For A Gala
Yes, it's the Baden palmette tiara. (Queen Ingrid received it from her grandmother Queen Victoria, who was a born Princess of Baden. It had been made for Victoria's mother.)
I love the dress! Great colour and regal cut. Since she's wearing green today, she may choose another colour tomorrow. So no emerald parure for tomorrow's dinner :sad:?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have worn those brooches up a little higher but they are gorgeous and she looks stunning.....the belle of the ball!!!

I would have worn those brooches up a little higher but they are gorgeous and she looks stunning.....the belle of the ball!!!

Agree, when I saw the first photos, I thought the brooches were too low. To me, the necklace was the Queen's show stopper!

I think she could have left the brooches off altogether, or maybe worn them in her hair as another option since her tiara is small.

Last edited:
QM has worn these brooches several times in a similar setting - I think she really likes them.
The Baden Palmette tiara - overall, I think it is one of her smaller ones, and as HM always likes the dramatic look, I have the feeling that the tiara - although nice in its own way - is somehow not supporting that look.

In this photo, her gown is a true teal blue color; really beautiful.

Last edited:
Here she is wearing Marie's wedding tiara:

Pic

I never knew she wore this.I always felt that this was brand new.Also,I love her earrings and necklace.

No, this tiara is a historical family piece, belonged to P Dagmar, daughter of King Frederick VIII (Queen Margrethe II was given this tiara by her parents). I prefer this tiara on Marie, suits her a lot.

So beautiful; every time I see this tiara, I'm so struck by its resemblance to the Strathmore Rose that belonged to Britain's Queen Mother. I really wish that tiara would get restored and come out of hiding!

Her engagement ring is one of the most unusual I have ever seen! It's too vulgar,big and too much for my taste!

Thank goodness she has a wonderful tiara collection to make up for it.(Minus the Poppies!) :D

Interesting shot of her wearing the Pearl tiara:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

It's beautiful but it must be painful to wear!

What an interesting shot of all those hairpins holding the tiara in place. They seem to be only in front; I can just imagine those pins pulling at her hair with the weight of the tiara. Oh, my scalp tingles in sympathy!

Her engagement ring is one of the most unusual I have ever seen! It's too vulgar,big and too much for my taste!

Thank goodness she has a wonderful tiara collection to make up for it.(Minus the Poppies!) :D

I actually think that ring looks good on her since it's proportionate to her hands, and she's got lovely hands. Those stones are gigantic; I love them and would be happy to have just the one that sits in the setting with the baguettes on the shank.

A Q&A in Billed Bladet #11, 2012.

Where a Karen Mortensen would like to know the story behind a particular brooch in the shape of a rooster (*) that QMII wear from time to time.

Jon Bloch Skipper explains that QMII recieved that brooch when she was still a princess in 1968. It was a present from a ship yard in Genova, which build a ferry that sailed between Copenhagen and Oslo for many years. Princess Margrethe named that ferry.

The brooch is made from billiants, with rubies for the crest and emeralds, rubies and saphires for the tailfeathers.

-Judging from the picture I'd estimate the brooch to be about 5 X 5 centimeters.

(*) Yes, rooster. I will not risk reducing half the board to hysterical giggles by using another word.

Last edited:
The Queen's engagement ring is one of my all-time favorites!

Any pictures of the rooster brooch?

Wonderful information about the Rooster brooch many thanks Muhler. I always assumed that Henrik gave it to her as the Rooster is a French symbol. So am very pleased to finally get the true provenance of it.

Prince Richard's maternal grandmother, Madeleine Tengbom, former Duchess d’Otrante, born Countess Douglas, has worn it also. She borrowed it for the wedding of Princess Benedikte and Prince Richard.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOoks like the earrings? Necklace I'm not sure, is it costume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom