Queen Margrethe II Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Margrethe always looks so regal in the pearl tiara, IMO!

for the New Year's reception each year she uses either the emerald set or the pearl tiara. or have she used other tiaras for this event?

I guess this belongs here.

Summary of a Q&A in Billed Bladet #1, 2012.
Where a Victor Jacobsen assk why QMII doesn't use the Crown that is on display among the crown jewels at Rosenborg Castle?

Jon Bloch Skipper explains that Christian V's crown from 1671 is no longer used, because it was used by absolute rulers (*).
The crown was last used at the anointment of Christian VIII in 1840.
With the first Constitution of 1849, absolutism was abolished in DK and the crown has not been used since, because monarchs after 1849 are not anointed nor crowned.
The crown is only used when a monarch dies. The the crown is placed on the coffin during castrum doloris.
The last time that happened was in 1972.

(*) Before 1671 all Danish kings were elected. Or more correctly, the king had to travel through the realm in order to be acknowledged as the rightful king by gatherings of free men. - Who in theory could elect anyone as their rightful king. In reality the kings came from the same extended family.
In fact Denmark was on the verge of becoming a parlamentarian rule like in England, but the variuos representatives of free men, peasantry, burghers and nobillity couldn't agree, so absolutism was introduced instead.

On the cover of the new BB what necklace is the Queen wearing? If anyone has a close up it would be much appreciated. TIA

It's emerald tiara, part of royal jewels. On this photo indeed looks different, very pretty (I'm not a fan of this piece).

It's emerald tiara, part of royal jewels. On this photo indeed looks different, very pretty (I'm not a fan of this piece).
Ahhh, of course, I can sse it now :flowers: Thanks for the clarification :flowers::flowers::flowers:

It's good to see something other than a "white" tiara. The parure is beautiful and the portrait is just gorgeous.

What a beautiful tiara and how lovely the Queen is in that portrait.

:previous: I think Daisy wrote the book on what constitutes a Gala Gown. To a degree, "going large" gown wise, is essential if she is to balance the fabulous parures and seriously large and historic jewellery.

Imagine Daisy in that beautiful portrait of her wearing the parure with the sage green gown. Now substitute the gown for a slimming sage green chiffon sheath evening dress. Not a good look at all. All head and shoulders and totally unbalanced!

I wish I knew how to photo shop then I would be able to illustrate how serious jewellery requires the correct setting, hair and gowns, to pull off the Wow effect. Otherwise it just looks tacky and over-blinged.

Thank you for the pix of QM over the years. Yes, marg, she does balance the bling!
What is that choker she seems to wear more than a couple of times?

is there any good photos of her wearing this tiara in different ways and maybe with darker hair so one could see it better
when did she wear it for the first time?
photo
photo 1
photo 2

here is a view of her tiara hair
photo
photo 1

but this photo got me intrested what does she have in her hair
any better photoof the hair ornament
photo

just a few other photos
photo 1
golden puppies i think it will look good on mary in a darker hair and put as a diadem
photo 3

Baden Palmette
these earings does anyone have a btter photo

Lovely tiaras, I liked them all specially the last one :D

Yes, that pearl tiara reminds me so much of Queen Elizabeth's Vladimir tiara that's interchangeable with both pearls and emeralds. And Daisy does it right when she wears the correct gowns to showcase her jewels; this lady has a great sense of theater and artistry.

Last edited:
very very nice tiaras all look amazing , but I like first one really look sooo old diamond and that’t what give him other look , I love old diamond have amazing shiny

I love how Daisy always wears this - in an open manner so that the tiara encompasses the sides of the head. It has such versatility. And you can really see the detail because she wears her hair up. Can you imagine this on the brunette Mary in a similar style?

Last edited:
The The Floral Aigrette Tiara has grown on me, i think its the best Floral tiara out there

The Floral Aigrette Tiara is really amazing on the Queen. I love the "halo" effect of it wrapping around her various hairstyles, especially the french twist.

It is no surprise that The Floral Aigrette seems to have become Queen Margrethe's "go to" tiara in the same way The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland is for Queen Elizabeth.

This tiara is uniquely suited to Queen Margrethe. Without her style and flair displaying it in so many different incarnations, it would probably be just another nondescript floral tiara, not quite up to standard for a Queen and spend most of it's time languishing in the vaults.

With Margrethe wearing it, what a revelation! What Tiara Envy!!!

QM used the ruby horseshoe brooch again today at the townhall.
A present her father gave her when she was officially named heir to the throne. A brooch she also used 40 years ago on that same balcony.

she also seems to be wearing what appear to be absolutely gorgeous ruby and diamond earrings

According to the paper edition of BT the Queen has been given a new tiara from Greenland's parliament, Greenlandic Government and five private companies.

It is not finished yet, but will be made from 200 flowers of Greenlandic gold and diamonds. The Queen herself will be involved in deciding on the look of the tiara that is being made by goldsmith Nicolai Appel.
It should be finished in March.

Wow, I hope the new tiara won't look like a sister of the infamous poppies! Isn't it a pity that the tiara isn't ready for this jubilee?

she also seems to be wearing what appear to be absolutely gorgeous ruby and diamond earrings

They are stunning; those look like cabochon rubies.

According to the paper edition of BT the Queen has been given a new tiara from Greenland's parliament, Greenlandic Government and five private companies.

It is not finished yet, but will be made from 200 flowers of Greenlandic gold and diamonds. The Queen herself will be involved in deciding on the look of the tiara that is being made by goldsmith Nicolai Appel.
It should be finished in March.

And with her creative hand in the design, I'm sure the tiara will be a very original piece.

:previous:Beautiful; the jewels are a standout against the white. Thank you for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom