Queen Margrethe II Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only dislike this necklace (something's off IMO) - the rest of the parure looks very elegant and regal! :)

I heard that some of her jewellery must not brought out of the country, but I don't know which ones exactly. I guess the State Diamonds set ( emerald set,right ?) is one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The tiara that Queen Margrethe uses is very similar to the Lovers Knot owned by the BRF and last used by Diana. Am I right in thinking that this was part of the jewels inherited by Queen Alexandra?

The tiara that Queen Margrethe uses is very similar to the Lovers Knot owned by the BRF and last used by Diana. Am I right in thinking that this was part of the jewels inherited by Queen Alexandra?

No. The Cambridge Lovwers knot is a Copy Queen mary led made from a tiara that was originally owned by her grandmother the Duchess of Cambruidge and inherited by her daughte the Grand Duchess Augusta of Mecklenbrug-Strelitz, Queen Marys aunt.
The danish tiara comes from the netherlands. when Princess Luise of Prussia married Prince Frederick of the Netherlands she got the tiara as Wedding present. It was later inhe´rited by her daughter Louise married to King Karl XV of Sweden but as she died soon after her mother itr went to her daughter Lovisa who was married to King Frederik VIII. of Denmark.

No. The Cambridge Lovwers knot is a Copy Queen mary led made from a tiara that was originally owned by her grandmother the Duchess of Cambruidge and inherited by her daughte the Grand Duchess Augusta of Mecklenbrug-Strelitz, Queen Marys aunt.
The danish tiara comes from the netherlands. when Princess Luise of Prussia married Prince Frederick of the Netherlands she got the tiara as Wedding present. It was later inhe´rited by her daughter Louise married to King Karl XV of Sweden but as she died soon after her mother itr went to her daughter Lovisa who was married to King Frederik VIII. of Denmark.

Many thanks.

Does anyone know anything about this necklace from Margrethe II's collection? I've only seen HM wearing it once more - during a State Banquet with the tiara now worn by Princess Marie.
Also the brooches - I know they were Queen Ingrid's at a time, but nothing more.

Thanks in advance,
Bobby

It is quite beautiful - it suits her better than some of her older, clunkier stuff! I think Maire should inherit it.

I believe it was a gift during either an official or state visit to one of the Middle Eastern countries. Perhaps Kuwait or Saudi Arabia? I'm not sure.

It is quite beautiful - it suits her better than some of her older, clunkier stuff! I think Maire should inherit it.

I really hope Marie inherits nothing! they already have a very weak collection and lost a Tiara to Joachim's first wifey for lifey I think Fred & Mary should hold onto everything tightly!

As I can recall, Margrethe has worn the following:
1. Baden Palmette: Queen margrethe tiaras image by lotte52 on Photobucket
2. Khedive tiara: http://ejournal.eduprojects.net/tv/media/Denmark/margrethes bryllup.jpg (wedding day tiara)
3.Emerald and diamond tiara Mad Hattery! » Blog Archive » Birthday Gala at the Danish Royal Theatre: HM The Queen of Denmark
4.Pearl and diamond tiara [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
5. tiara worn by Princess Marie http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/05/04/article-0-04CC3DD3000005DC-558_468x688.jpg
6. Diamond "wreath" tiara http://madhattery.royalroundup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/2010-0127-denmark-margrethe.jpg and http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OCyuVnCVW...h+Crown+Prince+Frederik+Mary+mqp3UoghEYWl.jpg
7. turquoise tiara http://madhattery.royalroundup.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/2009-1102-denmark-margrethe2.png
8. Queen Alexandrine tiara that was given to Princess Alexandra--I believe she got to keep it but it reverts to her and Joachim's children. Frankly, why needs it I don't know--it's not like she's going to any tiara events. http://madhattery.royalroundup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/2004-0511-denmark-alexandra-corbis.jpg

I have to agree with jonc93--the collection really needs to stay put. Perhaps the Danish Royal Family can do something similar to the Dutch and put it all into a foundation so it remains together but if someone needs a piece, it can be loaned. That is what I think all royal collections need to begin doing--and by all means, if piece ever comes back on the market, it needs to be purchased and returned to the collection!

Thank you for leaving out the poppies;)
I think that Queen Margrethe has learned her lesson: CP Mary received a newly bought tiara as a wedding gift, and Ps. Marie got the floral tiara as a lown. I take this as a sign that the Queen will keep at least the important piece of the collection together. I guess that Joachim and also her grand children will inherit a couple of smaller and less important pieces as memoirs. But unlike Queen Alexandrine she definitely will not split up the jewels in half to give her sons equal share. Those times are certainly gone by.

It could very well be that the floral tiara on loan to marie will be later inherited by Prince Joachim. But from the 8 tiaras listed 5 are still avalible to her and from these 5 one belongs to the Crown Jewels and another to a foundation so she has 4 she could leave to her sons. I also don'Ät know how many smaller items like brooshes etc are still there as Marie, Alexandra and Mary etc got brooshes etc. as gifts. either to their engagements or after giving birth.

Lets not forget that when Alexandrine died she knew that Knud would succeed Frederik, so she had good reason to give him a large share of her collection

Lets not forget that when Alexandrine died she knew that Knud would succeed Frederik, so she had good reason to give him a large share of her collection
She died in December 1952 a half year before the the Constitution was changed so i think she was quiet aware that most likely Margrethe would succeed Frederik. And Ingrid died the same with her Jewels. She also divided among her daughters.

Oh dear, you are both right, Snowflower and Stefan. Joachim might inherit the floral tiara as well. We can only hope that Queen Margrethe will be wise and make an effort to keep the collection together for the future kings and queens. Maybe there is a chance that Princess Elisabeth's tiaras will return to the main branch of the DRF.

But QM also knows that P Mary has 2 other tiaras - the one from her wedding and Q Ingrid' ruby tiara. So she might feel reassured that 6 are plenty for the future Queen of Denmark.

I still think we're going to be looking at the creation of a foundation. And, Tilia, I just could not bring myself to post the poppies on my list. I just cannot consider them a tiara (because to me, they are somewhat of a joke since I know they can light up) however, HM has at times a quirky sense of humor and is an artist so I know she appreciates the unique--and the poppies are certainly that.

Speaking of CP Mary's personal tiaras--the wedding tiara and Queen Ingrid's ruby (I do wish that Fred would buy her that midnight tiara--it is wonderfully whimsical and I think a lovely addition to a royal collection)--the wedding tiara could easily end up leaving the collection and being given to Princess Isabella or could become a lovely first tiara for whomever Prince Christian marries. And, the rubies may be passed on as well in the manner that they were passed to Prince Frederick. And, twins are on the way, so there go more tiaras. I hope, fervently, that Marie/Joachim are not given that glorious floral tiara. Although, if I were Marie I would be pretty irritated that the ex-wife received one and I did not. What an interesting connundrum with the Danish tiaras! Are there any necklaces that could be put on a frame?

Yes there is an beautiful diamond necklace a gift from one of the saudi Kings. Unfortunaley Queen Margrethe uses it not very often.
As for a foundation. I certainly hope they start one and then put also the rubies in it. They can then still be left for the exclusive use of the Crown Princess. And then they should try to buy Alexandras tiara back and also put it in the foundation.

Yes there is an beautiful diamond necklace a gift from one of the saudi Kings. Unfortunaley Queen Margrethe uses it not very often.
As for a foundation. I certainly hope they start one and then put also the rubies in it. They can then still be left for the exclusive use of the Crown Princess. And then they should try to buy Alexandras tiara back and also put it in the foundation.

There is no doubt that Her Majesty has favorites from her collection! I am in complete agreement about the rubies being placed in the collection and left for the use of the CP--but would that mean that the future Queen Mary would not get to wear them? I can't imagine her being willing to stop wearing them. But, it would be a lovely tradition if specific jewels were set aside for Crown Princesses of Denmark for their exclusive use.
And, yes--the Alexandrine tiara needs to be placed back where it belongs. Alexandra really should have returned it back as well.

There is no doubt that Her Majesty has favorites from her collection! I am in complete agreement about the rubies being placed in the collection and left for the use of the CP--but would that mean that the future Queen Mary would not get to wear them? I can't imagine her being willing to stop wearing them. But, it would be a lovely tradition if specific jewels were set aside for Crown Princesses of Denmark for their exclusive use.
And, yes--the Alexandrine tiara needs to be placed back where it belongs. Alexandra really should have returned it back as well.
True. I found it always sad that the Queen was never able to wear the rubies. First because they stayed with her mother and went direct to Frederik. I think they should share them so that Margrethe can borrow the rubies from mary and Mary wears the Baden-plamette tiara for example.
As for Alexandras tiara we don't know. Perhaps it's back in the collection but will not be used for the time beiing (like the Lovers-knot tiara is also not used).

It seems to me that Queen Margrethe didn't mind leting the tiara leave the main family - orthewise, why would she have given it as a gift to her younger son's wife? From that very moment, it became clear that Joachim 's descendants would inherit it and not Frederik's. I also would like to see Alexandra returning the tiara to her husband but I try to think matters in another way - even if Countess Alexandra has no use of the tiara ,she could simply not like the idea of Joachim new wife wearing "her" tiara, no matter how friendly was her divorce. Anyway I am personally conviced that she will not sell it waya - IMO the worst thing that could happen to this tiara is collect dust inside a velvet box for the next two decades approximately

In relation to Alexandra, It was a wedding gift. Not a loan, a gift (big error of judgement if you ask me).

Furthermore, and although rarely seen at tiara events, the countess is a member of the brevadel (created nobility), is the mother of two princes of the blood and a decorated member of the Order of the Elephant.

And note worthy that Her Excellency is the only member of the Danish nobility to be a knight of the order.

Even if Alexandra were willing to let go of the tiara she is now keeping as an heirloom for her sons, it would a strange idea for Marie to wear a jewel which is so much associated with Joachim's ex-wife. But it would be nice for one of Fred and Mary's daughters (the twins might be girls:))

There is no question that the tiara will advance to one of the boys, just as Sarah, Duchess of York's tiara will advance to one of her daughters. Of course, Sarah's tiara was purchased for her (but it is really a lovely tiara). If I am being fully honest, I don't really care for the Alexandrine tiara--looks a little beauty pageant to me-- Mad Hattery! » Blog Archive » Danish Pre-Wedding Gala Dinner: HRH Princess Alexandra but the history is always nice to preserve, I think. But, perhaps Margrethe didn't like it all that much, either :) Between the two tiaras that Joachim's wives have worn, there is no question that Marie got the more attractive piece http://madhattery.royalroundup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/2010-0127-denmark-marie.jpg --even if it is only on permanent loan. Of course, now another question is raised--if Alexandra's tiara will go to her children, what do Marie and Joachim's children receive? Perhaps that lovely floral will one day pass from the main branch as well--which is much sadder to me than the Alexandrine tiara. I hope that foundation gets created soon!

There's really no need to create a foundation, you just need to not give anything away, just as lifetime loans! The Danish have a Knack for depleting their collections I mean Queen Ingrid should of left the Khedive tiara to Margrethe, Ann Marie's descendants will soon have no need for tiaras!

i kind of like this against the dark hair and not to many all over the place

one quastion
the Khedive tiara didn´t the tiara go to anne-marie?
when was the last time QMII used it?

one quastion
the Khedive tiara didn´t the tiara go to anne-marie?
when was the last time QMII used it?
The only time she wore it was at her Wedding Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom