Queen Margrethe II Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I see pictures of this tiara, the more I love it, it is really beautiful as worn in your pictures Tilia C.:flowers:

Is it true that the tiara wearing with the frame used 2 pieces of the set and 1 as the brooche? Like when Queen Ingrid used it in the 1st picture?

The brooch you speak of is not part of the diamond tiara. It is a part of the Crown Jewels, housed at Rosenborg Castle.

The brooch you speak of is not part of the diamond tiara. It is a part of the Crown Jewels, housed at Rosenborg Castle.

Thanks Madam Royale. They look similar, don't they? Anyway the picture is black and white so it's not clear.

Has queen Margrethe changed this tiara or has it always been able to wear like the queen usually wears it lately? Someone said that they wished she would change it back to the way queen Ingrid used to wear this tiara... Where does this tiara come from, how old is it?

Either King Frederik IX acquired it for Queen Ingrid, or it was bequeathed to Queen Ingrid from unknown Danish-American back in the 50's/60's.

Nyhedsliste - TV 2 Nyhederne
these reminds me of her sisters necklace

After Queen Alexandrine 's death the juwels were share equally between her 2 sons.
Prince Knud's heirs have the sapphire tiara and the fringe tiara.

I believe that it was originally Queen Alexandrine's and now is worn by her grandson, Ingolf's, wife Countess Sussie.

I was looking for photos of Queen Alexandrine's sapphire parure, of which the brooch was worn by Princess Marie on a chain as a pendant during the New Years' celebrations. One of my tiara books said QM owns this parure now, or does she only own a part of it? Does anyone have a picture of the original parure?

Queen Alexandrine's saphire tiara now belongs to princess Elisabeth.

It seems that Alexandrine left the major jewels to her son Prince Knud because she thougt his line would becom kings (because at the time of her death women could not inherit the throne).

Queen Dolly , Your thread is interesting. I did not know that Alexandrine thought that Ingolf should have been King of Danemark. How were the relationships between Queen Ingrid and Prince Knud's wife?

Queen Dolly , Your thread is interesting. I did not know that Alexandrine thought that Ingolf should have been King of Danemark. How were the relationships between Queen Ingrid and Prince Knud's wife?

I don't know, but it is said that there was a lot of bad feelings between the two lines after the change of succesion in 1953.

Queen Margrethe's 60th birthday celebrations ...
Wedding day ...
Does any of our Danish jewelry experts know anything about the flower brooch Queen Margrethe wore at her wedding?:)

Does any of our Danish jewelry experts know anything about the flower brooch Queen Margrethe wore at her wedding?:)

Thats the daisy brooch which once belonged to Crown Princess Margaretha of Seeden. It was later inherited by Queen Ingrid who gave it to Queen Margrethe on her Margrethe 60th birthday. Queen ingrid also wore the brooch on her Wedding day.

Thats the daisy brooch which once belonged to Crown Princess Margaretha of Seeden. It was later inherited by Queen Ingrid who gave it to Queen Margrethe on her Margrethe 60th birthday. Queen ingrid also wore the brooch on her Wedding day.
Exactly right.
And, in connection with her name and thus the brooch, Crown Princess Margaret of Sweden (born Connaught) was also originally nicknamed 'Daisy', just like Queen Margrethe today.

One of the reasons Margrethe was given her gramdmothers daisy brooch because she always have been called the nickname daisy ( and so was her grandmother).
Another reason is that the danish name for the flower daisy is margurit which also is another version of the name Margrethe.

Actually, according to Bjarne's wonderful book, this brooch was never owned by Crown Princess Margareta. It was made as a wedding gift to Ingrid from her father, King Gustaf VI Adolf (then still Crown Prince), and he chose the Daisy motif as a reference to the late Crown Princess Margareta. This way she was sort of part of her daughter's gift, even though she wasn't present for the big day.

I wish somebody would do a website about the danish jewellery like the dutch website jeweley so we can enjoy the photos and the history

Does anyone know anything about this necklace from Margrethe II's collection? I've only seen HM wearing it once more - during a State Banquet with the tiara now worn by Princess Marie.
Also the brooches - I know they were Queen Ingrid's at a time, but nothing more.

Thanks in advance,
Bobby

Does anyone know anything about this necklace from Margrethe II's collection? I've only seen HM wearing it once more - during a State Banquet with the tiara now worn by Princess Marie.
Also the brooches - I know they were Queen Ingrid's at a time, but nothing more.

Thanks in advance,
Bobby

It was a gift to her at her State Visit to Saudi Arabia in the 1980's. Unfortunately she rarely wears it.

I agree, she should loan it to Mary, who really needs a diamond necklace!!:bang:
Exactly! And she should give her a frame for Christmas, so that Mary can wear it as a tiara as well;)

Or she could herself wear it as tiara.
I wouldn't mind that. The best solution imo: start sharing certain jewels! Mary and Marie need more choices, without depleating the vaults by giving away anything for good. But I'm repeating myself.
Which other necklaces or bracelets of the Danish jewels would make a nice tiara?

Wearing the necklace as asmall tiara is anice idea! I think Mary would look stunning with the necklace, but before her I'd like to see wearing it Margrethe at least once more.

Question - Here are two photos of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik at the 6oth birthday of Queen Beatrix. What did she wear in her hair? It doesn't look like anything I've seen before.
Photo 1
Photo 2

Bobby

Tonight on the first of her 70th birthday galas the Queen wear the pearl parure. In this video posted by agami.pearl in the event thread one can see the pearls moving and dangling around with every movement.

The whole parure is really something. I don't understand Danish but enjoyed watching the video to see the jewels swayyyyy!!! The Queen really looks lovely!

Tonight Queen and CP make me happy, because of that fantastic pearl jewelery :flowers: especially the Queen, fantastic parure :wub:

I couldn't agree with you more agami.pearl!

Love the pearls! So rich and sophisticated. I adore these beautiful older jewels in action again. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom