Queen Margrethe II Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The elements really look like the split up necklace! Maybe there was a bracelet as well. Or there was an even longer version and Queen Alexandrine had it shortened for herself.

The elements really look like the split up necklace! Maybe there was a bracelet as well. Or there was an even longer version and Queen Alexandrine had it shortened for herself.

Hi Tilia!

Queen Alexandrine's necklace was indeed longer - long enough to be split in two. She has worn in it's long, medium and a short version. The medium version is the one from snowflower's post and here's the long - Link

Princess Benedicte has worn her necklace as a pair od bracelets, not sure about Queen Anne-Marie.
I know this is O/T, but what pendant is Queen Alexandrine wearing? It doesn't look like any of her sapphires.

Bobby

Queen Anne Marie generally wears her necklace with the Queen Elisabeth of Greece Emerald parure. She's seen wearing it with the parure even when she was a very young Queen, which made me think the necklace was actually part of the parure, not her personal necklace.

Is Princess Marie wearing new emerald and diamond drop earrings? I haven't seen them before. They look impressive and from an older generation. Not a modern design.

Wow the emeralds are stunning! all the set togehter with the tiara gorgeous! i wonder how havy is to ealk with all that?

The emerald tiara and the emerald ring together are stunning!

It's nice but I've seen better emerald parures. I'm not sure I care for the necklace and the emeralds look like chiclets.

I agree that it is nice if the Queens and Princesses have "signature piece" which they can be identified with. But imo it's great if there is an additional pool of jewellery which is chared. Like in Sweden: some tiaras are worn exclusively by the Queen, the Baden fringe is only worn by Victoria, other piece are chared between the royal ladies.
For Denmark I would suggest that the Palmette and turquoise tiaras should be shared as well, while the other tiaras are should be only worn by their current wearers.

I totally agree with you that it is better when the royal jewels are pooled as in Spain, Sweden, Holland and Liechtenstein. Consequently, I criticise Queen Elizabeth II for not sharing her ice more. Indeed, I have never seen a photograph of Sophie Wessex wearing one of the jewellery pieces also worn by the Queen in public. Also, I wonder if Queen Fabiola is holding onto jewels that she does not wear yet will not give to either Paola or Mathilde.

It's nice but I've seen better emerald parures. I'm not sure I care for the necklace and the emeralds look like chiclets.

I wouldn't turn it down if I was offered it!:p:lol:

LOL, I'll accept emerald chicklets any day too. Im partial to emeralds, and have always liked this parure very much!

The Baden Palmette has only ever been used by Margrethe thus far and I don't think it should be worn by the Crown Princess until she is Queen. Nor should Princess Marie wear it unless it is left to her at the Queen's bequest.

Actually in addition to Queen Margrethe, the Baden Palmette tiara has been worn by Princess Benedikte (as a young princess in pics with her future husband during a party at Kronberg), the Countess de Monpezat, Prince Henrik's mother (during the 25th wedding anniversary celebrations for the Queen & Prince Consort), twice by Princess Alexandra of SWB (both nights of festivities celebrating the Queen's 60th birthday), as well as the original owner Grand Duchess Luise of Baden.

Thats very useful, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Danish TV is preparing new documentary on royal jewellery

Anna von Lowzow, who made "A Royal Family", is making a new TV-series about royal jewels - together with a Danish jewellery expert.
They are filming in Spain right now.
I think we can expect a nice DVD soon!!! With English subtitles, I hope...

I hope some of our Danish members & friends here,- can share some of the info here on the forums. Would love to have someone who knows the provenance of jewels tell us what we have been speculating on for so long.

Is it known what jewels they will film? I would be surprised if we would be able to see any of the Benelux jewels. I don't think any of them has ever participated with authors etc. before (about jewels). I don't believe mr Vachaudez had acces to the Belgian ones for his book.
But it is something to look forward too indeed!

Wow, this looks very promising! A two-part 'mini series' about European royal jewellery! And as in 'A royal family' a number of royals with tell the stories of selected pieces.
The release date/run time is yet to be announced, but I'll post a link to the DR viewer and cross fingers that there's no geo- block!

Viv

Last edited:
the queen wore the turquoise set last night
does all the items belong in the set?

the tiara get lost in her grey hair, i wonder how it would look in a darker hair.

I liked it on the pink, really popped. The brooch is so enormous, it would be nice if part of it was worked in with the tiara.
yes....I'm just changing the royal jewels to my liking....!

There is this photo of a very young Ingrid wearing it with Swedish court dress: http://inlinethumb22.webshots.com/4181/2169667610105578647S600x600Q85.jpg

There is also a photo of CP Märtha wearing it, supposedly as a loan.
The next photo I have ever see is this of Queen Margrethe, I think it was in South Africa, but I'm not sure: http://inlinethumb59.webshots.com/48378/2969223270105578647S600x600Q85.jpg

In between these pictures there seems to be a long blank. But maybe someone can come up with more pictures of the period inbetween?
HM also wore it in 2008 in Tanzania and 2009 in Vietnam.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also wondering is it a set or just few turquoise pieces? Earrings and necklace are similar design but brooch looks more with yellow gold. Anyway I like these jewels a lot (cause I love turquoise). This tiara will be very suitable for young princess (maybe Isabella in the future?).

I wonder if anyone knows what necklace Ingrid wears with the tiara when in Swedish court dress?

That sapphire set is beautiful, I love the setting.

I love these sapphires, we don't get the pleasure of their company very often!! The Queen really looked lovely!

Better view of the sapphires that Queen Margrethe wore yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom