The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-14-2009, 10:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Not to derail the topic, but Prince and Pincess Michael of Kent attend most royal events. Trooping the Colour, Royal Ascot, State Banquets, Rememberance Day Services, Thanksgiving Services, weddings etc and so forth.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 09-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Courtesy of PPE.

Queen Margrethe chose these wonderful earrings (13/09/2009).

http://i25.tinypic.com/15ewo6w.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/33degyt.jpg

Old 10-08-2009, 06:04 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Queen Margethe is every inch a Queen! But more than that, she is a talented and artistic person with a wildly eclectic taste in everything from art to clothing and jewelery.

Her seemingly ever effervescent personality is clothed in colour, adorned by truely spectacular (or really out there for those of a traditional bent) jewellery, worn with grace, wit and style. She really is a remarkable woman in her own right, a "one off". She knows how to wow with the Emerald Parure or to tease and provoke interest and debate when flashing her "Poppies"!

In fact, I think she is truely the one Monarch I would most like to meet. With all that wit and whimsey I bet she is a dynamite raconteur! And me, I'd probably stand there staring at her jewelery like a bunny caught in the headlights.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

I had not seen photos of QMargrethe in these wonderful earrings, I love them. I agree that she is so artistic, and I think her jewelry choices reflect that ecclectic personality most of the time.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

New Years Court.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the link, Lumutqueen.

Seeing The Rosenborg necklace at the 2010 New Years Court was my hope. I wonted to see HM with the Flower aigrette in it's full splendour, though.

Bogdan
Old 01-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

I saw this necklace at Rosenberg castle and also the emeralds parure. I must say that this necklace is WONDERFUL in itself but not together with the Elefant' order necklace.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Are those huge lumps of rocks diamonds????? Whats the history behind this set?
Old 01-10-2010, 07:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

No not the tiara she wore , only the emerald tiara and parure , the diamant brooch (flower) and the big diamant necklace she wore, are to be seen in Rosenberg castle.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:30 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post

Her yellow teeth totally distract you from the rest of the photo! Is she a smoker?
Old 01-10-2010, 07:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
Her yellow teeth totally distract you from the rest of the photo! Is she a smoker?
Yes she is a smoker

Old 01-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Thanks for the pictures, I saw only the Queen's pearl and diamond tiara , the 2 tiaras belonging to Prince Knud's heirs : the fringe and the saphires tiaras.
But I never saw the others ? May someone help me
I believe that the saphire tiara belong to Princess Elizabeth but who owns that fringe tiara?
Old 01-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellie View Post
I believe that the saphire tiara belong to Princess Elizabeth but who owns that fringe tiara?
I believe that it was originally Queen Alexandrine's and now is worn by her grandson, Ingolf's, wife Countess Sussie.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:46 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Queen Margrethe has worn a wonderful turquoise necklace and brooch (?) to the court ball.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3...er00232278.jpg
Old 01-29-2010, 06:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Queen Margrethe has worn a wonderful turquoise necklace and brooch (?) to the court ball.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3...er00232278.jpg
The pendent of the necklace is the detachabel bottom part of the stomacher/brooch. To me the stomacher looks a bit "empty" and unbalanced without the pendant. Her earrings also contain turquoises.
And of course she wears once again her floral aigrette tiara. I really get the impression that this is her favourite tiara, she wears it very often.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:04 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

The pendant missing from the bottom of the stomacher looks like a crab to me. The tiara is so beautiful and I like the way the Queen wears in a variety of ways in her hair. It must be very light weight as compared to other tiaras.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
The pendant missing from the bottom of the stomacher looks like a crab to me. The tiara is so beautiful and I like the way the Queen wears in a variety of ways in her hair. It must be very light weight as compared to other tiaras.
Hehehe... I like your comment about the crab-like look of the stomacher
The tiara is a fairly modern piece, so I guess it is made by using light platinium and modern techniques to keep it as light as possible. The 3 pieces can also be put on a frame to be worn as a "classical" tiara, wich also looks very nice. I wish that the Queen would do this from time to time, just for the sake of more variety.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The 3 pieces can also be put on a frame to be worn as a "classical" tiara, wich also looks very nice. I wish that the Queen would do this from time to time, just for the sake of more variety.
I hope the Crown Princess converts it back to a tiara as worn by Queen Ingrid when she is Queen. It looked so lovely in it's wreathed setting.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 01-30-2010, 07:46 AM
Commoner

does anyone have a picture of the floral tiara on frame like a classic tiara?
Old 01-30-2010, 04:06 PM
Royal Highness

Here are two pictures of Queen Ingrid and one of Queen Margrethe. I really like the look of this tiara.
http://inlinethumb05.webshots.com/43...600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb55.webshots.com/22...600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb11.webshots.com/20...600x600Q85.jpg

Tags
jewellery, margrethe, queen margrethe