The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #501  
Old 04-10-2015, 03:09 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
I wonder if her choice of stone was inspired by the Dutch sapphires worn by HM Queen Maxima
Why would they be?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old 04-10-2015, 01:03 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 9,423
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday (on a Friday): The Danish Turquoise Bandeau

Not one of my favorites but this tiara is elegant and lovely. The earrings and brooch are also lovely. Not one of the best tiaras I've seen, but it's a beautiful piece.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old 04-10-2015, 02:32 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,808
At the concert in Aarhus the Queen also wore one of the three parts of the floral aigrette in her hair.

Here you can see pictures from the back: Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Also the diamond spray from Queen Ingrid's tiara
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old 04-15-2015, 04:44 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 9,423
Margrethe is wearing the Floral tiara tonight:

http://40.media.tumblr.com/1f60cd6fa...me9o3_1280.jpg
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old 04-15-2015, 04:46 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Margrethe is wearing the Floral tiara tonight:

http://40.media.tumblr.com/1f60cd6fa...me9o3_1280.jpg
And the pearl and ruby Jewellry from the Crown jewels
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old 04-15-2015, 04:48 PM
dbarn67's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BROOKLYN, United States
Posts: 4,033
The earrings from the Crown Jewels are stunning.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old 04-15-2015, 04:52 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,808
I agree about the earrings, they looked so perfect with this red gown.


It surprised me to see the floral aigrette again, because the Queen had already worn one part of it at last week's concert. But it was placed beautifully. It is so unique and versatile that I don't tire of seeing it.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old 04-16-2015, 03:03 AM
Humera's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 7,810
Here's a few screen caps of QM's jewels.
I love the earrings!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1a.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	294305   Click image for larger version

Name:	1b.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	294306   Click image for larger version

Name:	1c.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	294307  
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old 04-16-2015, 03:39 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 9,423
She wore stunning jewels. The earrings, tiara, necklace, and ruby ring are so beautiful.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Old 04-16-2015, 05:09 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
Here's a few screen caps of QM's jewels.
I love the earrings!
Lovely. Many thanks for posting.

I so do wish the rubies were used more often.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #511  
Old 04-16-2015, 05:49 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I agree about the earrings, they looked so perfect with this red gown.


It surprised me to see the floral aigrette again because the Queen had already worn one part of it at last week's concert. But it was placed beautifully. It is so unique and versatile that I don't tire of seeing it.
I loved the earrings, they just worked perfectly with everything. Only Margrethe would haul out the rubies when wearing a red dress, and make them look great instead of swallowed in a sea of red!

The floral aigrette continues to be one of my most favourite of hair adornments and tonight's outing just confirms how magnificently versatile it is. When her hair is so grey as to be almost white, the aigrette winds it's way around her usual classic chignon and makes it both unusual and stunning.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #512  
Old 04-16-2015, 01:26 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 5,225
That ring! Wow! Gorgeous! All the jewels are! Thanks for the great photos!
Reply With Quote
  #513  
Old 04-17-2015, 04:53 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,808
At the 2nd birthday dinner at Fredensborg the Queen wore turquoise jewellery and again one part of the floral aigrette. I really love the aigrette, but if she intended to wear parts of it for both the concert and the 2nd dinnen, why not choosing another tiara for the first dinner? It was a bit repetitive, imo.
View image: 20150416 Margrethe1
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #514  
Old 04-17-2015, 05:06 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 10,018
The jewellery QMII wore the second evening is a present from PH. Her er prinsgemalens smukke gave til dronning Margrethe | Billed Bladet
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #515  
Old 04-17-2015, 07:23 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
At the 2nd birthday dinner at Fredensborg the Queen wore turquoise jewellery and again one part of the floral aigrette. I really love the aigrette, but if she intended to wear parts of it for both the concert and the 2nd dinnen, why not choosing another tiara for the first dinner? It was a bit repetitive, imo.
View image: 20150416 Margrethe1
I also think that diamond and gold Jewellry work not so good together. She could have choose one of the brooches from the Naasut tiara as it is supposed that there can be brooches made from it.
I also think that the Naaut tiara would work together with this demi Parure.
Reply With Quote
  #516  
Old 04-17-2015, 08:10 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 18,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I also think that diamond and gold Jewellry work not so good together. She could have choose one of the brooches from the Naasut tiara as it is supposed that there can be brooches made from it.
I also think that the Naaut tiara would work together with this demi Parure.
I agree Stefan and I wasn't a fan of them either,the earrings also look a bit too long but that could just from the photo above.
__________________
20th of December,1963-Birth of HRH The Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo
Reply With Quote
  #517  
Old 04-17-2015, 08:16 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,808
I too agree, that is a good idea, Stefan! The Naasut tiara can be split into brooches, and there are fitting hair combs that can be attached to them. It would have been much better. I also think that the dress did not match the turquoise properly. The combination didn't harmonize properly, imo.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #518  
Old 04-17-2015, 02:49 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 9,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
At the 2nd birthday dinner at Fredensborg the Queen wore turquoise jewellery and again one part of the floral aigrette. I really love the aigrette, but if she intended to wear parts of it for both the concert and the 2nd dinnen, why not choosing another tiara for the first dinner? It was a bit repetitive, imo.
View image: 20150416 Margrethe1
Those jewels are exquisite. I love the gold combined with the turquoise.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #519  
Old 04-17-2015, 07:44 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 10,018
BT has quite a few details about QMII's new set of jewels: Se Dronningens smukke smykker: Henriks kærlighedsgaver - Fra editorial | www.bt.dk

It is a present from PH that has now been completed over three birthdays.
60, 70 and 75.
First the brooch, which depicts Diana the goddess of hunting along with stags. At the lower end of the brooch are two portraits of Frederik and Joachim. The brooch also contains the number 60.
The brooch can be split into two, and the lowermost turquis can also be detached.

For her 70th birthday, the earrings were added. The earrings can be worn in three lengths. QMII wore them at full length at the recent party.

The necklace was made some time back but was now added to complete the whole set.

Thomas Hardenberg, who has been making special orders for the regent Couple for 30 years also made the pearl necklace QMII wore for their silver anniversary in 1992.

Here are two closer looks at first the pearl necklace: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...269-fasdfd.jpg

And the new set: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...sgaver---1.jpg
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #520  
Old 04-17-2015, 08:00 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
BT has quite a few details about QMII's new set of jewels: Se Dronningens smukke smykker: Henriks kærlighedsgaver - Fra editorial | www.bt.dk

It is a present from PH that has now been completed over three birthdays.
60, 70 and 75.
First the brooch, which depicts Diana the goddess of hunting along with stags. At the lower end of the brooch are two portraits of Frederik and Joachim. The brooch also contains the number 60.
The brooch can be split into two, and the lowermost turquis can also be detached.

For her 70th birthday, the earrings were added. The earrings can be worn in three lengths. QMII wore them at full length at the recent party.

The necklace was made some time back but was now added to complete the whole set.

Thomas Hardenberg, who has been making special orders for the regent Couple for 30 years also made the pearl necklace QMII wore for their silver anniversary in 1992.

Here are two closer looks at first the pearl necklace: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...269-fasdfd.jpg

And the new set: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...sgaver---1.jpg
Thank you for this info, the Queen wearing his jewelry makes the Prince Consort's absence all the more poignant!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jewellery, margrethe, queen margrethe


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Jewellery Josefine Royal Jewels 261 11-30-2017 12:33 PM
Queen Margrethe's Birthday: April 16 (2003-2017) Mandy Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik 513 04-27-2017 01:53 PM
Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik Picture Thread, Part 1 Mary Anne Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik 130 11-13-2016 06:52 PM
Queen Elizabeth II: Tiaras, Necklaces etc 2: Nov 2007-Dec 2015 frafel Royal Jewels 1123 01-01-2016 09:55 AM
Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, Current Events 1: May 2003 - November 2006 Julia Current Events Archive 564 11-23-2006 01:46 PM




Popular Tags
baptism birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill coel hen crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duchess of cambridge cocktail dresses earl of snowdon family general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hereditary princess sophie infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia italy iñaki iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy nazi news philippe prince prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince jean prince liam prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess mary current events princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia eveningwear queen letizia fashion queen letizia gowns queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima hats queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family theatre victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:38 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises