The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-29-2013, 04:54 AM
Nobility

Very interesting:

Old 03-26-2014, 11:37 AM
Gentry

I've recently updated my posts on some Scandinavian tiaras and I would love some feedback. Here are the tiaras that have been worn by Queen Maregrethe.

Alexandrine Diamond Drop Tiara
Baden Palmette Tiara
Diamond Floral Tiara
Emerald Parure Tiara
Floral Aigrette Tiara
Golden Poppies
Naasut Tiara
Pearl Poire Tiara
Turquoise Daisy Bandeau

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-27-2014, 07:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiara Mania View Post
I've recently updated my posts on some Scandinavian tiaras and I would love some feedback. Here are the tiaras that have been worn by Queen Maregrethe.

Baden Palmette Tiara
Diamond Floral Tiara
Emerald Parure Tiara
Floral Aigrette Tiara
Golden Poppies
Naasut Tiara
Pearl Poire Tiara
Turquoise Daisy Bandeau

Thanks in advance!

We shouldn't forget the Khedive of Egypt Tiara, worn on her wedding day.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiara Mania View Post

Baden Palmette Tiara
Diamond Floral Tiara
Emerald Parure Tiara
Floral Aigrette Tiara
Golden Poppies
Naasut Tiara
Pearl Poire Tiara
Turquoise Daisy Bandeau

Thanks in advance!

The Pearl Poire Tiara is my favourite and the Golden Poppies being my least favourite.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:13 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmemail View Post
We shouldn't forget the Khedive of Egypt Tiara, worn on her wedding day.
I have a post on it but I haven't updated it yet. Khedive of Egypt Tiara
Old 07-24-2014, 03:47 PM
Heir Apparent

A kind of maritime necklace worn by QMII recently: https://app.box.com/s/83iy5dzvimfbupvo4uxk

It's silver necklace with silver-coated/lined signal flags. Among the flags are the letters A N D R and also the "bridge-flag", the blue and white checkered flag. It's used to signal bridges to open up so that a ship can pass.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:27 PM
Courtier

The necklace suits the pattern on her dress. I wish HM would wear the necklace more often, would love to see more of the flags.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent

A brooch worn by QMII at Gråsten Manor: https://app.box.com/s/7es8p4nbkhyftivms5eh

In the shape of a rose, with the face of a young women surrounded by the petals.
The earrings may belong to the same set?
Old 08-20-2014, 08:54 PM
Courtier

Most unusual - almost a cherub face among the petals. The colour matches the earrings as well.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Baden Palmette Tiara

I think tiara is very stunning and regal. I love the design of hearts. Simply a very beautiful and romantic tiara.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Its a nice tiara but Queen MII has some far more splendid pieces in her royal collection.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Baden Palmette Tiara

I think tiara is very stunning and regal. I love the design of hearts. Simply a very beautiful and romantic tiara.
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Its a nice tiara but Queen MII has some far more splendid pieces in her royal collection.
Its a lovely piece, but the Danish, like a lot of royal houses, have suffered as tiaras have left the main line. I do hope Benedikte, Anne-Marie, Marie and Alexandra's tiara's from the DRF return to the main line of the DRF after their respective deaths. Benedikte and Anne-Marie both have 2 Danish tiara's, and Joachim's wives have 2. Had these 4 been with the main line, there would have been a far wider selection for the ladies to choose from.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's absolutely beautiful, I adore the hearts, but I do think the size is slightly odd. I might just be me but I have an irrational desire to stretch it a little whenever I see, make it a little wider.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Its a lovely piece, but the Danish, like a lot of royal houses, have suffered as tiaras have left the main line. I do hope Benedikte, Anne-Marie, Marie and Alexandra's tiara's from the DRF return to the main line of the DRF after their respective deaths. Benedikte and Anne-Marie both have 2 Danish tiara's, and Joachim's wives have 2. Had these 4 been with the main line, there would have been a far wider selection for the ladies to choose from.

As for the tiara worn Princess Marie it is only on loan so it has not left the main line yet. Unfortunately the danish royal ladies don't share their tiaras therefore it is likely that some of the tiara now belonging to Queen Margrethe will be left to Prince Joachim.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 09-22-2014, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Actally I should correct myself, Benedikte and Anne-Marie have 2 Danish tiaras each. Together with the 2 that went to Joachim's wives, that is 6 Danish tiara's leaving the main line within the last 50 years. I would be surprised if any of these returned to the main line after the lives of the current wearers
Old 09-22-2014, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Actally I should correct myself, Benedikte and Anne-Marie have 2 Danish tiaras each. Together with the 2 that went to Joachim's wives, that is 6 Danish tiara's leaving the main line within the last 50 years. I would be surprised if any of these returned to the main line after the lives of the current wearers
But both Anne-Marie and Bendeikte got each a tiara which was not been a tiara previously and was created/converted for them. So they had not been worn by other danish royal ladies before them (at last as tiara, Anne-Marie antique corsage tiara had been worn as necklace by Queen Ingrid).

Royal Travel and Events

Old 09-22-2014, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

The jewels pass through the generations and on their way may pass in and out of families. That has been the way of things for generations. And let’s face it: over the generations, the tiara collection of the Danish Queens rather grew than diminished: Queen Ingrid alone added three tiaras to the collection of the current queen: the three-part-aigrette tiara, the Baden palmette tiara and the turquoise bandeau. On the other hand, Benedikte and Anne-Marie both got an 18th birthday tiara which was created for them from other jewels, and later they inherited a tiara which Ingrid had brought from Sweden.

Countess Alexandra has received Queen Margrethe’s 18th birthday tiara which has never been seen on Queen Alexandrine. And Marie has a tiara which was bought for Margrethe from the descendents of Princess Tyra. This smaller floral tiara does not originate from the main line of the family.

I must say that I’m quite happy that we can regularly see Anne-Marie, Benedikte and their daughters(-in-law) wearing tiaras at the Danish events. And they all have a right to their heritage.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I have to admit it is a great shame that the Alexandrine Drop Tiara has passed out of the main line. It truely is something special.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Alexandrine Drop Tiara
Old 09-23-2014, 04:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The jewels pass through the generations and on their way may pass in and out of families. That has been the way of things for generations. And let’s face it: over the generations, the tiara collection of the Danish Queens rather grew than diminished: Queen Ingrid alone added three tiaras to the collection of the current queen: the three-part-aigrette tiara, the Baden palmette tiara and the turquoise bandeau. On the other hand, Benedikte and Anne-Marie both got an 18th birthday tiara which was created for them from other jewels, and later they inherited a tiara which Ingrid had brought from Sweden.

Countess Alexandra has received Queen Margrethe’s 18th birthday tiara which has never been seen on Queen Alexandrine. And Marie has a tiara which was bought for Margrethe from the descendents of Princess Tyra. This smaller floral tiara does not originate from the main line of the family.

I must say that I’m quite happy that we can regularly see Anne-Marie, Benedikte and their daughters(-in-law) wearing tiaras at the Danish events. And they all have a right to their heritage.
I am aware of how jewels have moved across Europe from family to family over the years, and how that makes the jewels a lot more interesting. I am also not denying Benedikte and Anne-Marie their Danish heritage. My point is that in more austere times when royal families seldom buy new tiaras, I would much rather see the Danish collection restored after the lifetimes of the sisters of the current Queen. These 6 tiaras could make a substantial addition to the vaults, that will, in time, need to provide for the 4 children of the next King and Queen. The children of Benedikte and A-M will continue to move further and further away from the main line. Perhaps, Mary could buy the tiaras back and agree to lend them to Fred's cousins when they need them for royal events.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I have to admit it is a great shame that the Alexandrine Drop Tiara has passed out of the main line. It truely is something special.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Alexandrine Drop Tiara
It could make its way back into the family vault through Alexandra's sons? Personally I'm not too keen on this tiara and I think it suited QMII better than her former daughter in law.

Tags
jewellery, margrethe, queen margrethe