The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-02-2013, 04:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
...but I appreciate that it has a special meaning to QMII because it was a gift from Greenland.
Exactly.
A new tiara is always a well-appreciated addition to the RF jewels.

And: Given the fact, that (parts of) Greenland is in permanent attempting to be separated from Denmark, this is a well calculated sign of diplomacy to wear this special piece.
BYe Bine

Old 01-02-2013, 06:48 AM
Heir Apparent

I actually thought that the tiara and earrings worked well in a deep winter setting, and the navy blue velvet dress was the perfect foil for the gold. Only dissappointed that HM could wore pearls around her neck - they really did not match. If she had not found a suitable gold necklace, she could have gone without a necklace at all, IMO.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:15 AM
Royal Highness

I'm so glad the new tiara has now been worn. I do think it is a beautiful piece and wonder what it might look like if worn with a golden coloured gown? It's certainly a contrast to the blue velvet dress, but I do agree that the pearls (as lovely as they are) could have been left behind!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

The new tiara looks so good. It is nice to see another colour as silver at a tiara.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
I didn't like the Naasut on HM either! It doesn't suit her hair colour and it clashed with her massively blue dress! If 'one' is unkind, 'one' could say that it only matches her teeth!

viv
Viv that made me laugh out loud
Old 01-02-2013, 08:01 AM
Gentry

I like this tiara in theory. I like the shape, the naturalistic motifs, and I think the gold would look good on the right wearer....

The problem is that I don't think it looks good on HM for reasons others have said. I would like to see it on either of her daughters-in-law before I make my final judgement, though.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I'm so glad the new tiara has now been worn. I do think it is a beautiful piece and wonder what it might look like if worn with a golden coloured gown? It's certainly a contrast to the blue velvet dress, but I do agree that the pearls (as lovely as they are) could have been left behind!
The tiara is a nice piece in itself, it's just demanding because of the amount of yellow gold. I agree that it might look better in combination with a golden or yellowish gown! The problem is that HM expected to wear whatever jewellery available to her and suitable for the individual occasion. While she undoubtedly has a "dresser", I doubt that she has a stylist. Apart from the odd advice from her dress makers, I don't see her taking advice on her general apprearance!
Still, she needs someone to tell her when she overdoes it IMO! Tiara, earrings, glasses, necklace, brooches, orders etc. If she doesn't show some restraint it easily gets too busy!

viv
Old 01-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think it is horrible and I agree about her teeth and the tiara ... sad but true IMO
Old 01-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I actually thought that the tiara and earrings worked well in a deep winter setting, and the navy blue velvet dress was the perfect foil for the gold. Only dissappointed that HM could wore pearls around her neck - they really did not match. If she had not found a suitable gold necklace, she could have gone without a necklace at all, IMO.
I Agree with you, she could have gone without a necklace at all, because the pearls didn't match the tiara and earrings. Also, she already had the collar of the order who matched her tiara better.
I think I like her new tiara, even if it's all gold, because the design it's lovely. But I think it would suit best a lady with dark hair, like Mary or Marie.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Serene Highness

Idk not a huge fan of this tiara
Old 01-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
Still, she needs someone to tell her when she overdoes it IMO! Tiara, earrings, glasses, necklace, brooches, orders etc. If she doesn't show some restraint it easily gets too busy!

viv

I agree with you there Viv,I found the entire look at bit too much,not quite the Christmas tree look of previous years,but far too busy!
Old 01-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Courtier

I like this new tiara, but I think it would look better on dark hair and a more tanned skin.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Gentry

I like the tiara. I think it reminds of ancient greek diadems. I would prefer to se in golden blond or read hair though. I do not think yellow gold looks good in grey hair neither do i like yellow gold in the very dark brown hair of crown princess Mary or of princess Marie. i wonder how it would look in light brown hair though, but I guess princess Isabella will become darker as she grows older.

I actually liked the dress with the tiara, but I agree that she should not have worn the pearls.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Naasut Tiara

As I've said before, this is one of the worst tiaras I have ever seen! I think the tiara is a little bit better than the Golden Poppies! The design is too modern for my taste. This tiara is way too much in my opinion.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I think with the right hair color (thinking brunette or red), this really bright gold would look stunning but it's not on my list of favorite tiaras. Much better than the poppy monstrosity, though! I think a gown with gold elements to it would have blended better with the tiara, rather than the deep blue velvet. I also thought the pearl necklace was an incongruous look with all that gold.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is the Naasut Tiara the only golden tiara in the world?

I love the color gold as a basic color of a tiara.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Is the Naasut Tiara the only golden tiara in the world?
No! There's the tiara Queen Sonja got on the occasion of her 60th birthday, a present from King Harald. It's not so 'massive' in appearance, but yellow gold is not a versatile material for a tiara, IMHO.

So if you ever find yourself in need of a high quality tiara, get yourself a silver, whitegold or platinum frame!

viv
Old 01-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^^^
Yes, Queen Sonjas gold tiara aka the Wonder Woman tiara is not a great success either.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
^^^^^^
Yes, Queen Sonjas gold tiara aka the Wonder Woman tiara is not a great success either.
The Wonder Woman tiara , who came up with that moniker?

Viv
Old 01-05-2013, 04:22 AM
Nobility

My Twopence: If she had worn a dress in white/yellow, brown, I think the tiara would have been a better fit. (I think she has a nice one also in orange with brown fur elements....).
The bright gold is difficult with her silvergrey hair - but I find it great, that the Danish RF seems to be the only one left to add new tiaras and play around with their tiaras/jewels.
So big plus from my side.

Tags
jewellery, margrethe, queen margrethe