Heir Apparent

Both sets of earrings are gorgeous!

Old 01-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Heir Apparent

http://multimedia.ekstrabladet.dk/ar...me_877615o.jpg

The fiest sighting of the new Greenland tiara and earrings

Old 01-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Nobility

for my eyes, this gold-colour doesn't suit her ... to her complexion and grey hair, I very much prefer white-gold, pearls and diamonds
Old 01-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Well I suppose it is better than the Golden Poppies......but not much better.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
for my eyes, this gold-colour doesn't suit her ... to her complexion and grey hair, I very much prefer white-gold, pearls and diamonds
I think so, too. This seems a particularly bright gold that doesn't complement her hair and complexion too well.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

That one is a seriously ugly tiara, IMO. Can´t understand the appeal of "all-gold" jewells, they look quite tacky to my eyes.
It´s a nice gesture to wear it since is a gift from Greenland though, I guess many women would have said "thank you" and then put it in the closet and never wear it.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 01-01-2013, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent

This has got to be one of the worst tiaras I have ever seen!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I don't like it either,though it is slightly better than the dreaded poppies
Old 01-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I don't like it either,though it is slightly better than the dreaded poppies
I want to see details. What K weight is that gold? It could have been alloyed to be a gentler yellow. That would have been a better fit for most situations. This is like choosing a neon color for a royal family honour sash.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nothing toppes the golden poppies
Those pieces look like made with bad intention.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 01-01-2013, 06:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Well ladies, perhaps you should ask yourselves how will Mary look wearing this tiara?
There is most likely a limit to how many more times QMII will wear this tiara.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:17 PM
Commoner

Well, boys and girls, a NEW tiara can only be a very goo-ooo-oood thing! Remember, the significanse (grift from greenland) and that the tiara will stay whith the royal collection, whe do have a LOT of little princesses in the tiara pipeline....
Old 01-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is very ... golden, isn't it?
Can't say I'm particularly fond of it, but I appreciate that it has a special meaning to QMII because it was a gift from Greenland. I actually think it'll look better on Mary because she has this beautiful dark hair (and IMO, golden tiaras always look better on dark-haired heads).

Old 01-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not a huge fan of the new tiara, but understand it's significance. I think that it may have looked better if paired with a more subtle dress color. Maybe a pretty light pink or soft teal color.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Keep in mind the QMII had input into its design so she might actually love it. She is the lady after all who wears the Golden Poppies
Old 01-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Royal Highness

It's slightly better looking than the Golden Poppies, but not by much. It might have looked better on her in her youth, when her hair was darker. It doesn't look good on her now, that's for sure!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Nobility

I was at the Amalienborg tonight and saw when the danish royals exited the cars. When i saw Margrethe on distance i thought (feared) she had the poppies on her head but to My relief My
Danish friends saw it was the greenlandic tiara. I think it's a nice one. I like the greenlandic golden colour. Her Golden poppies looks more like the colour of urine and not of gold.
But i agree that it would have looked best on à dark haired lady.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
It's slightly better looking than the Golden Poppies, but not by much. It might have looked better on her in her youth, when her hair was darker. It doesn't look good on her now, that's for sure!
All you talk about is looks, current fashion looks, how sholuld we have ANY historic jewels left if it was always to be fashionable? And the wearer, younger, older etc?...It was a very generous gift from the peapole of greenland, and maybe 100 -200-300 years from now it indeed will be very fashionable, It's not a bijouu from a cheap store we are talking about, it is the greenlanders appriceate QueenrMargarethe!
Old 01-02-2013, 02:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

I really rather like the tiara, the shape and natural design of it makes it really beautiful. But all gold is hard to pull off and I think MII did a rather good job of it. The earrings aren't my favorite, but I think they are exactly what out Daisy loves.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
I didn't like the Naasut on HM either! It doesn't suit her hair colour and it clashed with her massively blue dress! If 'one' is unkind, 'one' could say that it only matches her teeth!

viv

Tags
jewellery, margrethe, queen margrethe