Queen Margrethe II Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my! CP Mary will wear these jewels with such an appearance! BTW do you think the Queen will bequeath any of these to Prince Jo or his princely sons?!

auntie said:
Oh my! CP Mary will wear these jewels with such an appearance! BTW do you think the Queen will bequeath any of these to Prince Jo or his princely sons?!

No, to my knowledge these jewels are part of the State and only for use by the Queen.

Well, good people, as much as we all love and adore the marvelous Mary let us not up and bury the good Queen Margarethe II yet, as least not for a good many years. As for all those jewels that the members have fished out of cyberspace and past the copywright grinches, my gratitude. They are stunning. In addition we have the highly imagininative names of some of the members. Sister Morphine-Madame Royale-wonderfull.

The fabulous Desiree Clary ruby-diamond parure is the property of the Crown in Denmark and is not the private property of anyone. As are all of the items cited above, I believe. As far a jewels are concerned I am a member of the Queen Mary School. The more the merrier. Up to a point.

The Brunei royals need to use not quite so much cloth and a few more jewels???? As I am now being tossed off the computer I shall have to go home and have some chocolate. Cheers.

Thomas Parkman said:
Well, good people...
Thomas,

Your much too kind :flowers:

The pieces you see are either Crown Property or are privately owned pieces with the exception of the Baden Palmette tiara which belongs to the Family Foundation org.

The Russian Sapphires and the Floral Diamond Aigrette are, I believe, private property of HM the Queen but I assume that they shall be left to Mary or the Family Foundation upon the Queen's demise (long may that be). Either way, Mary shall indeed sport these gorgeous pieces one day.

The Queen Desiree ruby and diamond parure was left to the Crown Prince by his late grandmother, so I dont think it is infact, Crown property.

Infact, originally coming from Sweden I'm pretty sure it is not.

A lovely day to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Madame Royale said:
Thomas, Your much too kind...
The Diamond Parure, the Diamond and Ruby Suite and the Diamond Belt Suite who are pictured in Post 81 and also the Emerald Parure are Part of the Crown jewels and are on Display at Rosenborg Castle.

Stefan said:
The Diamond Parure, the Diamond and Ruby Suite and the Diamond Belt Suite who are pictured in Post 81 and also the Emerald Parure are Part of the Crown jewels and are on Display at Rosenborg Castle.

Thanks Stefan :flowers:

I have visited Rosenborg twice, myself.

Dear Members of the List,

I agree with the noble and most uncommon Fee, if I were to get my hands on those jewels and I were a lady, which I am not, I would most certainly be wearing them myself. All of them. Which I why I love the Iranian Crown jewels. They have all these incredible things that men can wear. There is this fantastic aigrette of dimands and emeralds with a HUGE emerald that I would give my eyeteeth to wear. It is magnifiecnt. It would stun the peasants, even in redneck Columbia SC into an awe struck silence.

All this nonsense about modesty is really ridiculous. It is however a question of balance. And the style of the era. the fabulous Alexandra and the magnificent Mary lived in an age of truly Wagnerian excess. So things got to be a little overdone. As far as I could tell Queen Alexandra could have gone to her coronation with hardly a stitch of cloth upon her lovely and most royal body and supporting all those jewels and nobody would have notice a thing. Of couse I think both she and Queen Mary were closet weight lifters. They had to be.

As for the noble Stefan and the magnificent Madame Royale-While I fond of them both-I am green with envy. I shall have to go and get some more chocolate. The noble S ahas visited the Rosenborg and the magnificent MR not once but twice. Sigh. some people have all the luck.

My understanding of the Desiree Clary parurue is that Mary has the use of it during her lifetime but cannot sell it and should there be a divorce it is not her property. What the exact arrangements are beyond that I cannot say. But if I were a minister in the Danish Council of State and had any say at all all of the crown jewels and I do mean all of them would belong to the crown and to the nation and as long as Denmark were a monarchy they could not be touched. It would be an absolute horror if what happened in
Belgium with that idiot Lillian happened in some fashion in Denmark.

And while I am at it and am in a first class hypercative rave-a fit of Loggorrhea if you will-would one of the members or perhaps the most noble and long suffering Warren fish out of whereever a more current picture of somebody wearing the fantastic Derby tiara. I had not known of it until recently and it is a sight to see. Cheeers.

Thomas Parkman said:
Dear Members of the List...
That is true with the selling. On the Royal-Jewels-Message-Board it was just announced that some Jewels belonging to the late Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte of Luxemburg will be sold among them the big Diamond Tiara she wore for her official Wedding Pictures, the Congo-Necklace/Tiara worn by herself, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and the Princesses Marie-Astrid and Margaretha on their Wedding Days and the Sapphire Bracelet/Tiara and a Emerald Bracelet that belonged to her mother Queen Astrid and was last year displayed at the big exhibition in Brussels.

I think on of the best solutions has been found in the Netherlands where all Main-Jewels belong to a Foundation and are therfore not inherited from different branches of Descendants so that the actual Collection becomes less and less smaller.

As for seeing the places were Jewels are displayed it depends on where you came from. As i leave in germany it is not so far from my to the european Capitals. Last year i visited Copenhaqen and ofcourse Rosenborg Castle. This year i was in Stockholm where i cold see the Crown Jewels in the Royal Palace and at the moment there is also the wonderfull Leuchtenberg Sapphire Parure on Display and the exhibition with the Queens Nobel Dresses and later i was in London and visited ofcourse the Tower and also Buckingham Palace with the Special Exhibition where you can see the Grand Duchess Vladimirs Tiara with Emeralds and the Aquamarine Parure of Queen Eliozabeth II.

Thomas Parkman said:
Dear Members of the List...
Your posts bring me much amusement,Thomas :flowers:

Your understanding of the Queen Desiree parure is correct. It in no way belongs to Mary but Frederik, and cannot be sold if there should (which I am most confident their wont) be a divorce.

The Crown and Foundation jewels cannot be sold at any time (thank goodness) but of course if the Queen wishes to sell her Russian Sapphires for a handsome price, she could. Again, why someone would be so daft I dont know but I dont think their is any need for worry for I hardly think Margrethe would let such meanningful pieces slip through her Queenly fingers.

last night there was a gala at Roseberg castle the queen wore tiara and pearl necklace,
Pic courtesy Polfoto.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked, but is Mary not allowed to wear any of the tiaras but the one she was given? I never see her in anything other than her wedding tiara and the ruby suite Fredrick's grandmother left him.

Also is there a website where I can see all the Danish Jewels? The link above doesn't work for me nor does Daniel's website.

SASSY said:
I'm sorry if this question has been asked, but is Mary not allowed to wear any of the tiaras but the one she was given? I never see her in anything other than her wedding tiara and the ruby suite Fredrick's grandmother left him.

Nope. That's all she's got, unless she acquires new pieces before she becomes Queen. She'll have to wait until she's Queen Mary before she can dip into her mother-in-law's jewerly box.

Hej Josefine! :flowers:

If it is, what I think it is: it cannot be converted into a tiara
in the present state.
It is a diamond bracelet of Swedish origin (King Oscar I).
HM often wears this piece as a necklace; the bracelet is fastened
to a velvet ribbon and tied around the neck.

There's a close up of the bracelet in the book on Danish Royal Jewellery
(by Bjarne Steen Jensen ). IMHO it looks as if it has the potential for a
tiara if it were set on a frame.

viv

The Emerald parure is part of the Danish crown jewels and can
be seen at Rosenborg castle in Copenhagen (as mentioned in an earlier post)

The other pics Josefine posted show the Baden Palmette Tiara (3 pics)
and the Floral tiara (or floral aigrette), which can be broken up
in three pieces. HM hardly ever wears the floral tiara on its frame.
The story goes that this tiara has belonged to a wealthy
Danish-American and that it was purchased by the TM King Frederik IX
and Queen Ingrid sometime in the 1960s.

The poppy hair-piece :rolleyes: has not been seen for a long time, thank heavens!

Viv

Last edited:
Josephine, thank you for the lovely pics, I never knew the Danish had so many magnificent jewels. HM wears them so beautifully and with such ease, she could teach the other Queens and Princesses a thing or two. Maybe she should hold a class,,,HEHE.

I like the way QMII wears her jewels, she doesn't have as much as QEII and probably QBeatrix, has more than The Swedes, Norweigians and definitely the Belgians, yet she tends to wear them so regally and varies, so as not to bore us royal watchers;)!

Could anyone please identify the names of these tiaras???

The (Nassau) pearl drop tiara (or pearl "poire", for the pear shaped pearls)
http://www.slaikjaer.org/turjew2.jpg

http://www.slaikjaer.org/marglightflowtiara1.jpg
A rare picture oh HM with the flower tiara. It was
worn by Marie Cavallier when she married Prince Joachim!

http://www.slaikjaer.org/mcpearls.jpg
I'm not sure! It could be the floral motif tiara belonging
to the former Queen Anne Marie, MC's mother- in- law
or it could be one she bought herself. She can afford it!

Wonderful wonderful jewellery and Her Majesty Queen Margrethe wears them so well.
I know Princess Benedicte has a fringe tiara from her husband's family but I do not see one in the Danish Royal collection.
Pity, because I would love to see Crown Princess Mary wearing one. She would look superb.
Taree

i guess the fringe tiara belongs to princess benedickte's family or husbands family ryt???not the royal family....

The fringe tiara worn by Princess Benedikte belongs to the Berleburg estate. So not Danish.

http://www.slaikjaer.org/mcpearls.jpg
I'm not sure! It could be the floral motif tiara belonging
to the former Queen Anne Marie, MC's mother- in- law
or it could be one she bought herself. She can afford it!
The last tiara, here worn by Crown Princess Marie-Chantal, is an old corsage that whas made a tiara for Princess Anne-Marie at her 18th birthday. The corsage belonged to Queen Victoria of Sweden (1860-1930) and it was a gift to Princess Ingrid of Sweden when she married Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark in 1935. It was from her grandfather King Gustav V as a memory of her grandmother Victoria. It´s quite beautiful as a tiara, IMO.

Wonderful wonderful jewellery and Her Majesty Queen Margrethe wears them so well.
I know Princess Benedicte has a fringe tiara from her husband's family but I do not see one in the Danish Royal collection.
Pity, because I would love to see Crown Princess Mary wearing one. She would look superb.
Taree

So very true. However, back in their heyday they were numerous. Perhaps one will be purchased to add to the, in my opinion, rather small collection.

Taree

Queen Alexandrine had a fringe tiara which she often wore. But unfortunately she left it to her younger son Prince Knud and it is now in the posession of his oldest son Count Ingolf of Rosenbrog. His wife Susie wore it at the Weddings of Frederik and Mary and Joachim and Marie's Wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom