The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-27-2005, 06:13 AM
Gentry

the Orange-Nassau tiara that Queen Marguarethe is wearing is very nice .

Old 07-02-2005, 12:44 PM
Courtier

The golden poppies may not be bad if she just wore one or two, or combined them into a more traditional tiara shape. With the chain-like thing, and putting them helter-skelter in her hair, it just looks odd.

Old 11-08-2005, 06:41 AM
Majesty

state visit from norway 2005
from polfoto
Old 12-31-2005, 05:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

le soir illustré

Old 01-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Majesty

photo from dpa

Old 01-08-2006, 09:42 AM
Aristocracy

Post 5, 16, 48 and even 70, is that the same tiara worn in different ways

I love it when the Queen wears things in her hair, (not just the ordinary tiara like ever other royal ), also like posts 10 and 17, although post 17 looks very uncomfortable and I don't believe she uses it a lot.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:27 AM
Aristocracy

I do not know if other folks feel the same as I do, but I think Queen Margrethe is the one woman who looks much better in a tiara than she does in a hat. Margrethe imo, was born to wear all the glitter that goes with Gala events. In the words of the song "Nobody does it Better"

Bravo Margrethe - Long May She Reign

Scott
Old 09-10-2006, 02:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
Good stuff indeed.lol.

Although Mary does have in 'her' possession one of the worlds finnest intact parures. Still, imagine what it shall be like when she becomes Queen
Well, when she's Queen she'll have access to the Emerald Parure and the Orange Nassau Pearl Parure....among many others.

Emerald Parure:

http://www.royal-magazin.de/daenemar...own-jewels.htm

Orange-Nassau Pearl Parure:

Credit for Orange-Nassau Parure: http://news.webshots.com/album/82895349qayPWY

Wouldn't Mary look smashing in the pearls?
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-10-2006, 05:03 AM
Heir Apparent

What other pieces Mary stands to one day wear (long may that be )

The Baden Palmette tiara - Juvelerne I Det Danske Kongehus

The Diamond Parure - Glenn Slaikjaer's Danish Royal Jewels

The Diamond & Ruby suite - Glenn Slaikjaer's Danish Royal Jewels

The Diamond Belt suite - Glenn Slaikjaer's Danish Royal Jewels

The Diamond Floral Aigrette - Getty

The Russian Sapphires - POLFOTO
Old 09-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Majesty

Here are some things I have wondered about
How many Parure does the queen have.
What tiaras did he use as a crown princess, did she then stop using any of then when she became queen and is there any tiara that she has used only has a queen.

i also found older photos from getty

Old 09-12-2006, 10:20 AM
Royal Highness

Oh my! CP Mary will wear these jewels with such an appearance! BTW do you think the Queen will bequeath any of these to Prince Jo or his princely sons?!
Old 09-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Majesty

is this a Parure

http://bryllup.tv2.dk

photo from http://pub.tv2.no

these reminds me of her sisters necklace

and is there a better photo of this necklace somewhere

she has gotten a necklace from the King Fahd of Saudia Arabia could that one be converted to a necklace?
Old 09-12-2006, 04:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie
Oh my! CP Mary will wear these jewels with such an appearance! BTW do you think the Queen will bequeath any of these to Prince Jo or his princely sons?!

No, to my knowledge these jewels are part of the State and only for use by the Queen.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Courtier

Well, good people, as much as we all love and adore the marvelous Mary let us not up and bury the good Queen Margarethe II yet, as least not for a good many years. As for all those jewels that the members have fished out of cyberspace and past the copywright grinches, my gratitude. They are stunning. In addition we have the highly imagininative names of some of the members. Sister Morphine-Madame Royale-wonderfull.

The fabulous Desiree Clary ruby-diamond parure is the property of the Crown in Denmark and is not the private property of anyone. As are all of the items cited above, I believe. As far a jewels are concerned I am a member of the Queen Mary School. The more the merrier. Up to a point.

The Brunei royals need to use not quite so much cloth and a few more jewels???? As I am now being tossed off the computer I shall have to go home and have some chocolate. Cheers.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman
Well, good people...
Thomas,

Your much too kind

The pieces you see are either Crown Property or are privately owned pieces with the exception of the Baden Palmette tiara which belongs to the Family Foundation org.

The Russian Sapphires and the Floral Diamond Aigrette are, I believe, private property of HM the Queen but I assume that they shall be left to Mary or the Family Foundation upon the Queen's demise (long may that be). Either way, Mary shall indeed sport these gorgeous pieces one day.

The Queen Desiree ruby and diamond parure was left to the Crown Prince by his late grandmother, so I dont think it is infact, Crown property.

Infact, originally coming from Sweden I'm pretty sure it is not.

A lovely day to you.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
Thomas, Your much too kind...
The Diamond Parure, the Diamond and Ruby Suite and the Diamond Belt Suite who are pictured in Post 81 and also the Emerald Parure are Part of the Crown jewels and are on Display at Rosenborg Castle.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 09-13-2006, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
The Diamond Parure, the Diamond and Ruby Suite and the Diamond Belt Suite who are pictured in Post 81 and also the Emerald Parure are Part of the Crown jewels and are on Display at Rosenborg Castle.
Thanks Stefan

I have visited Rosenborg twice, myself.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:55 AM
Courtier

Dear Members of the List,

I agree with the noble and most uncommon Fee, if I were to get my hands on those jewels and I were a lady, which I am not, I would most certainly be wearing them myself. All of them. Which I why I love the Iranian Crown jewels. They have all these incredible things that men can wear. There is this fantastic aigrette of dimands and emeralds with a HUGE emerald that I would give my eyeteeth to wear. It is magnifiecnt. It would stun the peasants, even in redneck Columbia SC into an awe struck silence.

All this nonsense about modesty is really ridiculous. It is however a question of balance. And the style of the era. the fabulous Alexandra and the magnificent Mary lived in an age of truly Wagnerian excess. So things got to be a little overdone. As far as I could tell Queen Alexandra could have gone to her coronation with hardly a stitch of cloth upon her lovely and most royal body and supporting all those jewels and nobody would have notice a thing. Of couse I think both she and Queen Mary were closet weight lifters. They had to be.

As for the noble Stefan and the magnificent Madame Royale-While I fond of them both-I am green with envy. I shall have to go and get some more chocolate. The noble S ahas visited the Rosenborg and the magnificent MR not once but twice. Sigh. some people have all the luck.

My understanding of the Desiree Clary parurue is that Mary has the use of it during her lifetime but cannot sell it and should there be a divorce it is not her property. What the exact arrangements are beyond that I cannot say. But if I were a minister in the Danish Council of State and had any say at all all of the crown jewels and I do mean all of them would belong to the crown and to the nation and as long as Denmark were a monarchy they could not be touched. It would be an absolute horror if what happened in
Belgium with that idiot Lillian happened in some fashion in Denmark.

And while I am at it and am in a first class hypercative rave-a fit of Loggorrhea if you will-would one of the members or perhaps the most noble and long suffering Warren fish out of whereever a more current picture of somebody wearing the fantastic Derby tiara. I had not known of it until recently and it is a sight to see. Cheeers.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Dear Members of the List...
That is true with the selling. On the Royal-Jewels-Message-Board it was just announced that some Jewels belonging to the late Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte of Luxemburg will be sold among them the big Diamond Tiara she wore for her official Wedding Pictures, the Congo-Necklace/Tiara worn by herself, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and the Princesses Marie-Astrid and Margaretha on their Wedding Days and the Sapphire Bracelet/Tiara and a Emerald Bracelet that belonged to her mother Queen Astrid and was last year displayed at the big exhibition in Brussels.

I think on of the best solutions has been found in the Netherlands where all Main-Jewels belong to a Foundation and are therfore not inherited from different branches of Descendants so that the actual Collection becomes less and less smaller.

As for seeing the places were Jewels are displayed it depends on where you came from. As i leave in germany it is not so far from my to the european Capitals. Last year i visited Copenhaqen and ofcourse Rosenborg Castle. This year i was in Stockholm where i cold see the Crown Jewels in the Royal Palace and at the moment there is also the wonderfull Leuchtenberg Sapphire Parure on Display and the exhibition with the Queens Nobel Dresses and later i was in London and visited ofcourse the Tower and also Buckingham Palace with the Special Exhibition where you can see the Grand Duchess Vladimirs Tiara with Emeralds and the Aquamarine Parure of Queen Eliozabeth II.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 09-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Dear Members of the List...
Your posts bring me much amusement,Thomas

Your understanding of the Queen Desiree parure is correct. It in no way belongs to Mary but Frederik, and cannot be sold if there should (which I am most confident their wont) be a divorce.

The Crown and Foundation jewels cannot be sold at any time (thank goodness) but of course if the Queen wishes to sell her Russian Sapphires for a handsome price, she could. Again, why someone would be so daft I dont know but I dont think their is any need for worry for I hardly think Margrethe would let such meanningful pieces slip through her Queenly fingers.

Tags
jewellery, margrethe, queen margrethe