Queen Margrethe II Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Too much is understating it somewhat if she fell in a large puddle she'd be in danger of drowning! :ohmy: My sister looked at it and just said "vulgar". But you are right that if it was to adorn anyone's hand, Margrethe would be the one that could carry it off with suitable élan.

Perhaps in will become a really nice set of earrings or even a brooch. :D

My god!!! I never saw this ring before! So ugly!!

:previous: I'm pretty sure that it is, although the pic is rather blurry.

The Pearl Poiré Tiara is one of my favourites and it looked so regal on the queen last night.

The Pearl Poiré Tiara is one of my favourites and it looked so regal on the queen last night.

The collar of the Order of the Elephant enhanced the regal look of all DRF members in attendance last night.

Yes indeed.
But the necklace was to important with the order for the Queen
The Brooch was too much for the Crown Princess

first time i see this pictures of Grand Duchess Louise of Baden, nee Prussia, wearing the Baden Palmette tiara
luise_viktoria_baden_189.jpg
luise_viktoria_baden_809.jpg

Last edited:
There are tiaras, there are aigrettes and then there is Queen Margrethe's Floral Aigrette! Daisy always looks magnificent in it and I have lost count of the many and varied incarnations she has surprised us with and, every one a winner and this time is no different!

Her necklace is gorgeous, her brooch stunning (the size of the pearl!!!) but her earrings, much like her aigrette, are a wonder to behold.

According to the finnish press, queen Margrethe wore yesterday a brooch, which was a gift from president Urho Kekkonen, who was the president of Finland in 1956-1982. And mrs Jenni Haukio wore the Georg Jensen brooch, which she got from queen Margrethe at a state visit to Denmark.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

She should wear that turqiose and golden necklace together with the Naasut tiara instead of paring it with diamond Jewels.

I don't quite like the necklace. It looks like fake jewelry.

The Queen is often very sentimental about her jewellery. This is the first state visit abroad that she has done alone without Prince Henrik since his dementia diagnosis and so I think it is no coincidence that she has chosen the turquoise jewellery which have all been gifts to her over the years from her husband. It's like she's taken a bit of him with her :wub:
They earrings and the brooch were given at her 60th and 70th birthdays (can't remember which way round it was) and the necklace he gave her on her 75th birthday.

The Queen is often very sentimental about her jewellery. This is the first state visit abroad that she has done alone without Prince Henrik since his dementia diagnosis and so I think it is no coincidence that she has chosen the turquoise jewellery which have all been gifts to her over the years from her husband. It's like she's taken a bit of him with her :wub:
They earrings and the brooch were given at her 60th and 70th birthdays (can't remember which way round it was) and the necklace he gave her on her 75th birthday.

Thank you for this explanation,which makes perfect sense! I would do the same thing and admire the way HM is coping with the absence of her husband; she is relieved however he is happily ensconced in Egypt:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom