The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Heir Apparent

As we know, Marie's wedding tiara is a loan so it's as much a part of the royal collection today, as it always was.

I quite agree with you about each lady having pieces of jewellery that are, identifiable with them personally. A sense of continuity that I for one, quite like.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 09-09-2010, 12:43 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
So true, Stefan. Some of the lesser pieces could be used by the Crown Princess and maybe some by P Marie, but hold the majors just for Queen Margrethe!
I agree wholeheartedly. There are major jewels in each of the European Royal collections that are identified with the Queen of the country and these should be left for them.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
I agree wholeheartedly. There are major jewels in each of the European Royal collections that are identified with the Queen of the country and these should be left for them.
I agree that it is nice if the Queens and Princesses have "signature piece" which they can be identified with. But imo it's great if there is an additional pool of jewellery which is chared. Like in Sweden: some tiaras are worn exclusively by the Queen, the Baden fringe is only worn by Victoria, other piece are chared between the royal ladies.
For Denmark I would suggest that the Palmette and turquoise tiaras should be shared as well, while the other tiaras are should be only worn by their current wearers.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:06 AM
Heir Apparent

I am not very keen on the idea of royal jewellery being shared too much across members of the family. I do like the way that in certain countried like the UK and Denmark, specific pieces are identified with specific individuals. One might argue that in the case of the BRF, too few jewels are available to people other than the Queen, but that, IMO, is a separate debate.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:39 AM
Royal Highness

I watched a documentation about the royal weddings in Spain on German tv chanel ZDF and noticed Queen Margrethe wore one of the three parts of her floral aigrette at the back of her head for the pre-wedding gala. Here is a screenshot:
http://inlinethumb62.webshots.com/71...600x600Q85.jpg
Old 10-19-2010, 04:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
I was looking for photos of Queen Alexandrine's sapphire parure, of which the brooch was worn by Princess Marie on a chain as a pendant during the New Years' celebrations. One of my tiara books said QM owns this parure now, or does she only own a part of it? Does anyone have a picture of the original parure?

I found this website Sapphire Royal Jewels for September | The Royal Universe which says:
Queen Margrethe II of Denmark has, in her private collection, a necklace of sapphires and diamonds which was a wedding gift to her grandmother, Alexandrine of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, when she married Christian X. This necklace is said to have a Russian origin.
and contains the following photo http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/arts/ph...cp-2940098.jpg . I can't wait to see which daughter-in-law gets to wear it.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:08 AM
Royal Highness

Is it possible that this necklace was once part of the one that held the Queen Alexandrine sapphire brooch Queen Margarethe loaned to Princess Marie as a necklace pendant?

Royal TIARA of the Hellenes Greece |Greek royal Jewels
This diamond necklace is a gift of Queen Indrid and orginally belonged to Queen Alexandrine, who wore it with a sapphire corsage. It was made in Russia, and it belonged to her mother Grand Duchess Anastasia of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (née Grand Duchess of Russia). When Queen Alexandrine died, Queen Ingrid cut the long necklace made into two short necklaces. She gave one to her daughter Princess Benedikte of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and one to the other daughter Queen Anne-Marie.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

The necklace which includes now the sapphires is a different one then the one Queen Alexandrine wore with them. The diaomdond necklace of Queen Alexandrine was splitted in two by Queen Ingrid and one given to Queen Anne-marie and one to Princess Benedikte. And the sapphires where resetted in a different necklace which was given to the then Princess Margrethe.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 10-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Courtier

I haVE no sleep tonight and so I am passing my time in a non constructive way in the Inernet and I think I ve run across a picture (posted on another forum) Of Alexandrine wearing the original necklace and the corsage . http://www.pricescope.com/forum/down....php?id=164995
Old 10-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Royal Highness

I bow to your supreme web browsing skills! But that necklace doesn't look long enough to split into two necklaces.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Royal Highness

The elements really look like the split up necklace! Maybe there was a bracelet as well. Or there was an even longer version and Queen Alexandrine had it shortened for herself.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The elements really look like the split up necklace! Maybe there was a bracelet as well. Or there was an even longer version and Queen Alexandrine had it shortened for herself.
Hi Tilia!

Queen Alexandrine's necklace was indeed longer - long enough to be split in two. She has worn in it's long, medium and a short version. The medium version is the one from snowflower's post and here's the long - Link

Princess Benedicte has worn her necklace as a pair od bracelets, not sure about Queen Anne-Marie.
I know this is O/T, but what pendant is Queen Alexandrine wearing? It doesn't look like any of her sapphires.

Bobby
Old 10-21-2010, 12:59 AM
Royal Highness

Queen Anne Marie generally wears her necklace with the Queen Elisabeth of Greece Emerald parure. She's seen wearing it with the parure even when she was a very young Queen, which made me think the necklace was actually part of the parure, not her personal necklace.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:41 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

The emerald parure that Queen Margrethe wore at New Year reception, is really impressive!

http://images.starlounge.com/2011/01...Nytaarskur.jpg
Old 01-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
The emerald parure that Queen Margrethe wore at New Year reception, is really impressive!

http://images.starlounge.com/2011/01...Nytaarskur.jpg
The emerald ring she is wearing is also very impressive!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Courtier

Is Princess Marie wearing new emerald and diamond drop earrings? I haven't seen them before. They look impressive and from an older generation. Not a modern design.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Close-ups of Queen Margrethe's jewels from yesterday:
Picture 1
Picture 2 - rings
Old 01-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow the emeralds are stunning! all the set togehter with the tiara gorgeous! i wonder how havy is to ealk with all that?
Old 01-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

The emerald tiara and the emerald ring together are stunning!
Old 01-04-2011, 06:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
Close-ups of Queen Margrethe's jewels from yesterday:
Picture 1
Picture 2 - rings
I think this is probably one of the best parures in the Danish collection.

Tags
jewellery, margrethe, queen margrethe