Queen Máxima Jewels 1: 2013 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but that glitters is not necessarily and beautiful :ermm:
But on the other is what everyone prefers :ermm:

(Then) Princess Máxima arriving at the palais grand-ducal for the pre-wedding banquet of Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg and Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy was spectacular. For royal jewels "esthetics" (is the design nice) was of secondary importance. Primarily it was about sending the never-to-be-misunderstood high status of the wearer of these jewels.

:flowers:

It also depends on the rest of the outfit. In this picture (despite all diamonds being "dead" due to daylight) the jewels looked spectacular because of the combined effect of hairdo, maquillage and dress.

Though I appreciate its historical links The Dutch Mellerio Ruby is one of my least favourite pieces from the House of Orange Jewel chest.

It grew on me TBH. I didn't like it on Beatrix' helmet. The side parts would disappear in the hair and you would just see three prongs, like the horns of a Valkyrie. I do like it on Queen Maxima when the sides are visible and the tiara looks more round. The diamonds are indeed of a different category. this tiara alone had more carrats than most tiaras combined at the Swedish wedding in June for example.

I like the tiara but it needs the right hairstyle to work because of the 2 big side prongs it can easily look like cat ears. When Máxima whore it the first time i didn't like it it but now she has found better hairstyles and wear the tiara a little bit bended back and not straight upright. I think the tiara looked the best on Queen Juliana.

I find the Mellerio ruby tiara ok, when worn with the right hairstyle. But it can look like horns or 'cat ears' at times :whistling: Regardless of carat-power, I do prefer the ruby peocock tiara, it is one of my favourite ruby tiaras around.

Oh yes, that is very well possible too. It was a dark day (very cloudy, very rainy) and that has a total different effect than the low sparkling Spring-sun on April 30th 2013 (the King's Water Pageant).

Last edited:
Both bracelet and earrings are old.

Images have been cropped and are not subject of copyright

I think these beads on the earrings are garnets.

:previous: I'm thinking you may be right.

Working perfectly with the stunning Dress!​
BYe Bine​

Exactly that. Is very beautiful earrings and with that dress muching perfectly.

I think these beads on the earrings are garnets.

I think they are rubies. IMO, garnets tend to be a more brown than maroon, and these seem a lot more maroon to me.

Whatever they are- the tassels look strange IMO.

I quite like them, they look refreshing and match well with the dress. Also I still think that they are garnet, as I don't think that they look brown, nor do I think that garnet usually looks brown.

But I think the the Queen was uncommonly under-bejewelled. Not even a brooch for the sash, that's unusual for Maxima.

This tiara is amazing. This pearls, oh this pearls, i adore as will be understood pearls :)

Those pearls are huge and have so much lustre!!!!!

From the State Visit thread:
Queen Maxima did attend the state banquet, in a new dress and wearing the emerald necklace with brooch attached to it for the first time. And the big emerald as a pendant. What a surprise!

PPE Gallery.

Robin van Utrecht.

The dress is by Matthijs van Bergen and inspired by a painting of Van Gogh.

Modekoningin Maxima.
Here is Queen Juliana with the necklace, left the version with the brooch, right another long long necklace with brooch + pendant.
View image: nl jul emerald necklace

Most of the times the necklace is worn with this emerald clasp:
View image: nl max emerald

Leave it to Queen Máxima to look spectacular, even when it is only business-suit-and-tie... Wow.

Ok. Friends I have been waiting to see her pull out the eggsized cab. It is so darn stupid pretty. I need it IMMEDIATELY......! Thanks Max who didnt feel good but still gave us a great jewelry viewing!!!!!

What a nice surprise of Queen. Amazing set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom