Queen Máxima Jewels 1: 2013 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The tiaras the diamonds are all just mouthwatering she has IMO the best collections and she wears them really beautifully.

Jewels Maxima wore at William and Catherine's wedding:

1 2 3

Those jewels are exquisite. I really love the earrings and necklace. I did not notice she wore the stars on her hat until now.

She looked lovely!

It appears that Maxima wore the stars as a tibute to her own wedding. At previous white tie weddings she had worn her wedding star tiara, in London the stars went to her turban! Great idea, if you ask me, although I'm not fond of the turban hat per se.

It appears that Maxima wore the stars as a tibute to her own wedding. At previous white tie weddings she had worn her wedding star tiara, in London the stars went to her turban! Great idea, if you ask me, although I'm not fond of the turban hat per se.
And at Victoria and Daniel's Wedding she wore them pinned on her sash. But did she also wear stars at the Weddings in Monaco and Luxemburg? Don't think so.

Last edited:
That is true.

In Luxembourg she wore earrings, bracelets and a brooch made from old mined diamonds set in gold.

In Monte-Carlo she wore earrings and a bracelet with diamonds and citrines.

:flowers:

Last edited:
And at Victoria and Daniel's Wedding she wore them pinned on her sash. But did she also wear stars at the Weddings in Monaco and Luxemburg? Don't think so.
Maybe she stopped wearing the wedding stars because the press and us royal watchers started to see the logic behind it? It could be that she didn't want to be predictable in her choices. But that's just speculation, of course.

I always like Queen Máxima with hats and gloves, usually larded with jewels. Diamonds and hats are a Queen's best friend...

;) :flowers:

On the Benelux Royal Jewels Message Board Gert-Jan posted this fantastic picture of Queen Máxima wearing:

- a pair of diamond-and-pearl earstuds with pearl pendants
- a collier with large pearls and one diamond "ball"
- a diamond crescent brooch with a pearl pendant
- a multi-strand pearl bracelet with diamond clasp
- a diamond ring with a central pearl

See picture (click on the picture itself to enlarge)

The Danish magazine Billet-Bladet with a fantastic photo of jewels worn in Copenhagen: see picture (click on the picture itself to enlarge). Note the large dangling pendant to the impressive brooch with that large central sapphire (the cabochon sapphire pendant is blurred by the print of the dress). The "diadem" is in fact a collier from another sapphire parure set on a monture.

Last edited:
Queen Máxima visiting a seminar sporting pindas in gold and Delft Blue... only Máxima can sport such bijoux... see picture.

It is daring and refreshing. Never a dull and predictable moment and I can imagine the Queen seeing pindas in gold and Delft Blue: "How funny!" and wear it on an event with low key protocol.

:)

For an example modern coral earrings set in diamonds or combining old golden traditional wear jewelry from Zealand with contemporary clothes. The golden earhangers were made in 1860 and bought in an Amsterdam antiquariate, specialized in old jewels... Or look at these humongeous earhangers, yes, not always a success but I applaud the Queen for expanding her collection with so much variety. Her daughters will inherit an unbelievable rich collection with the most ancient and the most contemporary bijoux, all ranges and all types. She also buys more traditional wear, like these diamond-and-sapphire earhangers. Never a dull moment with her.

:whistling: :lol: "Willy, go, and see if you can buy me something nice!" :lol:

At least we'll get some more options for the thread "worst royal jewels"
:lol:

Better something original and genuine like this, than fake jewelry which reveal a total lack in taste and fantasy. My compliments to Queen Máxima for her originality. I wish other royal ladies would play a bit more as well (Stéphanie of Luxembourg, Mathilde of Belgium).

Who of today's royals would dare to wear these bijoux for a visit to the White House? Or buy herself such striking jewels like these or simply add another new diamond-and-sapphire demi-parure to the exanding collection? From all royal ladies, she is -together with Camilla- the most exiting to follow, jewelry-wise. Bless her, with her hits, and her misses, but at least she brings new life into something stuffy as a jewelry collection.

:lol::flowers:

I supppose the Duchess of Cornwall is adding most new pieces to her collection these days, given the amount of trinklets she received from generous ME rulers.

Is it known who bought the last 2 pieces ? The tutti fruti one was bought at an auction (in India?) AFAIK, but is it known who bought it? The other one popped up after a visit to the ME or Brunei IIRC so that may explain it.

Last edited:
No, not bought in India. The Tutti Frutti necklace and collier were bought from Christie’s Amsterdam in 2007, the necklace for about US $35,000 and the bracelet for US $32,000.

Bracelet (click on the picture for a mega XXL)

Necklace (click on the picture for a mega XXL)

The new diamond-and-sapphire demi-parure does not seem "Middle East" to me. I think we must get rid of the "disease" to attribute any new jewel to Sheikhs and Emirs. I think it was a nice purchase, just in The Hague, Brussels or somewhere here. Or it is a new set made from "left overs" from other broken up parures. Picture: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a3...0-CONCERT200THROYAUMEORANGE-3_zpse4e2a979.jpg

Last edited:
Queen Máxima visiting a seminar sporting pindas in gold and Delft Blue... only Máxima can sport such bijoux... see picture.

The necklace is from Dutch designer Pauline Wiertz and is called 'Feeding the Birds'. The necklace costs 1500 euros and can be bought at Inez Stobel's art gallery on the Spiegelgracht here in Amsterdam.

A close up:

Máxima's Hollandse pinda-collier - Royalty Online

It seems she shops more often in the neighbourhood, as she acquired these antique earrings from Zeeland at Dekker Antiquairs:

Zeeuws meisje - Royalty - Het Koninklijke magazine

Credits: Erik Schoonhoven

Last edited:
New earrings? Arent they part of something else?

A few corrections

Hey there, Erik Schoonhoven here.
A few corrections on the posts above:
- the antique Dutch earrings were not bought from Dekker Antiquairs directly, but they do come from the collection of antique Dutch jewellery they currently sell and which you can see here (including earrings very similar to those of Queen Maxima: Juwelen - Dekker Antiquairs
An example of how these earrings were worn back in the old days, can be found on my website: Queen Máxima's Dutch Earrings » Erik Schoonhoven's website
- Queen Maxima today indeed wore the brooch that is photoshopped in the picture, but because of the angle of the photo, this isn't visible.

:previous:

Thanks for the corrections! You are obviously right on both accounts.

It is indeed Q. Emma's -oval- sapphire pendant today:

photo.

Last edited:
Hey there, Erik Schoonhoven here.
A few corrections on the posts above:
- the antique Dutch earrings were not bought from Dekker Antiquairs directly, but they do come from the collection of antique Dutch jewellery they currently sell and which you can see here (including earrings very similar to those of Queen Maxima: Juwelen - Dekker Antiquairs
An example of how these earrings were worn back in the old days, can be found on my website: Queen Máxima's Dutch Earrings » Erik Schoonhoven's website
- Queen Maxima today indeed wore the brooch that is photoshopped in the picture, but because of the angle of the photo, this isn't visible.

Ha welcome, great to have a jewelry expert on our forum!

The Queen wears the diadem from the Grand Sapphire Parure, with the central aigrette back on top, diamond-and-sapphire bijoux and diamond bracelets. All this in combination with the same dress as worn during the Investiture but without cape (naked shoulders).

Saw it in Danish TV2.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a nice surprise from the queen. After the Stuart the sapphires are the next best thing (IMHO). Good to see that it can still be used in full setting. The brooch is another little surprise.

Last edited:
On her first day in Denmark, Queen Maxima wears her new sapphire earrings and a big sapphire brooch:

https://twitter.com/Rick_Evers/status/577843537305284609/photo/1

Note that the brooch that is photoshopped into the picture is not the brooch that HM is wearing.

The diadem is worn in a larger version, the middle aigrette with large central sapphire is back on top:

April 30th 2013: a large round diamond instead of the middle aigrette (resulting in a round bridge flow)

Tonight: with middle aigrette, making the diadem more "gothic" (resulting in a more pointy bridge flow)

Stunning jewels! I was not expecting she would wear this tiara, but what a great surprise. The tiara is magnificent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom