Queen Máxima Jewels 1: 2013 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been seen recently with the sapphires or pearls?

Acording to the Dutch Royal Jewels website (which is pretty decent about updating with every time something is worn), the last time it was worn without diamonds, it was rubies worn by Juliana. There's no date, but it was probably sometime at the end of her life. It seems like Irene was the last one to wear it with pearls and that was back in the 70s or so. Either Beatrix or Margriet were the last one to wear it with Sapphires and that was also back in the 70s or so.

But the website might be missing pictures, so I can't say for certain.

I think I remember seeing photos of QJ wearing it with rubies, and loved that too!

Come on Max, get the trellis necklace on with the sapphires, and the sapphire tiara from the inauguration.

Queen Máxima is so awesome with her jewellery! She just chose six different tiaras for six different appearances in ONE year. Not many Queens can say that!

I cut Maxi some slack on her daytime fashion problems because she just is so stunning in her tiara appearances. Every single one is gorgeous!!!!

I love how she always wears a different one.

Are there better pictures of the sapphires maxima wore last night? She has worn them earlier.

I believe that at the time people thought it likely that the necklace was a gift from a ruler from the Middle East or Asia, though nothing has been confirmed. Either for the enthronement or during one of the recent state visits to those regions.

Last edited:
I believe that at the time people thought it likely that the necklace was a gift from a ruler from the Middle East or Asia, though nothing has been confirmed. Either for the enthronement or during one of the recent state visits to those regions.

That's entirely possible, though it could also be something that Maxima bought herself. She is certainly not shy of adding to the royal jewel box.

This week Queen Máxima of the Netherlands wore a set of pearls for the New Years Reception: see picture. For me it is always hard to tell which pearl necklace is what. The pearl necklace worn by Queen Máxima this week can not have been ancient pearls because they have a "new lustre" and the round diamond "ball" pendant is modern.

On this picture you see Princess Margriet with old natural saltwater pearls dating from Queen Sophie of the Netherlands born Princess of Württemberg (1818-1877). For me it is strange that a new similar necklace is acquired. Why would one spend money to have "more of the same"? Of course I know that the old pearls from Queen Sophie are dazzling expensive and not in the same league as the modern pearls of Queen Máxima but only an expert will see, I think...

:flowers:

Last edited:
:previous: To me Maxima's pearls look somehow "on trend" and have a very new, very surface, almost fake looking, lustre to them that seems to compliment the very white diamond ball. The the silvery finish of her gown showcases them to perfection.

On the other hand, Princess Margriet's saltwater pearls have a depth and glow that make them warm and satiny and sit against her skin beautifully. I'd take these any day over Max's new shiney bits.

Maxima first wore the pearls in 2002 when she visited the Baltic states with WA. I suppose they may have been a wedding - or engagement gift.

Picture: here.

Last edited:
On the website of the Royal House I found a portrait of Princess Irene with these pearls: http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m7/Boerenfoxx/08-0065-084.jpg Click on the picture itself to resize to XL.

Interestingly Princess Irene wears it with the clasp on front, showing four large rose-cut diamonds and one large central pearl, all set in gold. Amazing that such large diamonds were used for "just a clasp".

It is true that the new pearl collier by Queen Máxima does not have the "old lustre" of this one but it remains strange that the Queen spends so much on a new collier while there is already an identical (and much better!) one in the collection...

Last edited:
It seems that she wore her own pearl necklace today too: photo.

I don't think she has ever worn these big Orange-Nassau pearls yet. I can't remember it.
Large Pearl Necklae

Both pearl necklaces are stunning.

Tiaras Queen Maxima wore at royal weddings and celebrations:

Haakon and Mette Marit: 1

Martha Louise and Ari: 1

Frederik and Mary: 1

Victoria and Daniel: 1

Albert and Charlene: 1

Guillaume and Stephanie: 1

Love most of them- except what she wore to A and C's- she looks like she has emeralds growing out of her head.
My favorite- the rubies and diamonds.;)

She really has an impressive collection. I love everyone of them, she wears them so well.

Looking foward to State visut to Denmark. I would love to see any of her jewels but I would Really love to see the tutti fruitti necklace and bracelet!!!!

Love these diamond stars she wore in her hair. It's great that she wore something from her wedding tiara on a special day like that.

The Queen wore the diamond stars quite loose in her hair. See picture. I would have been worried all the time to loose these expensive antique gems!

Ha anyone been able to get on Johns wonderful site dutchroyaljewels.nl? The site is down for me.

Ha anyone been able to get on Johns wonderful site dutchroyaljewels.nl? The site is down for me.

You are right, it has been down for a few weeks. Hope it gets back up and running soon, it is a lovely site.

John has a lot of wonderful pictures but it is not always clear what was the source of these pictures. Maybe there were problems with copyrighted material. It is also possible that bandwith issues with the provider crashed the site down.

Jewels Maxima wore at William and Catherine's wedding:

1 2 3

Those jewels are exquisite. I really love the earrings and necklace. I did not notice she wore the stars on her hat until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom