Queen Máxima Jewels 1: 2013 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
State banquet in honour of Chinese President

Images have been heavily cropped, less than 20% of the original versions, and are not subject to copyright

Again, all I can say is wow! Stunning!

And those emeralds are in her personal collection so she owns them outright - lucky, lucky gal!

Last edited:
The Dutch pearls just make me cry.Max looks so beautiful in jewels. We r lucky to have her jewelry lovin self!!

So interesting to read about the jewelry, especially thebig pearl surrounded by diamonds that is now in a diamond bracelet. It was in a less spectacular bracelet for years, and Max has worn it as a pendant. Just love to have the jewels out and about!

Today Queen Máxima wore the wonderful bandeau with the old large rose-cut diamonds. The Queen surprised by wearing a large diamond stomacher with an orange (citrine?) centrestone.

From Reuters - an aerial view from the banquet in the Royal Palace Amsterdam (click once again on the picture to expand):
http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/b...81836_GM1EA4509Y601_RTRMADP_3_NETHERLANDS.JPG

From Reuters - a great view on the jewelry of both Queens (click once again on the picture to expand):
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Qw...16115_GM1EA45098401_RTRMADP_3_NETHERLANDS.JPG

From Reuters - also Princess Beatrix did attend, all diamonds (click once again on the picture to expand):
http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/V...63823_GM1EA4505X401_RTRMADP_3_NETHERLANDS.JPG

She looked absolutely stunning!
That stomacher is originally with a big sapphire in the centre but she changed it ideed to a citrine (probably from her own collection). Then Queen Beatrix wore it once like 30 years ago, can even be more than 30 years ago.
Queen Máxima keeps surprising us with her jewels during such baquets! (she's just wearing some stomachers that haven't been seen for like 30 years if it just are small brooches)
We are -as jewel-loving royal fans- very lucky to have such a Queen in the Netherlands!

Today Queen Máxima wore the wonderful bandeau with the old large rose-cut diamonds. The Queen surprised by wearing a large diamond stomacher with an orange (citrine?) centrestone.

Queen Maxima looks stunning tonight & is really spoiling us with delights from the Orang Vaults!

She looked absolutely stunning!
That stomacher is originally with a big sapphire in the centre but she changed it ideed to a citrine (probably from her own collection). Then Queen Beatrix wore it once like 30 years ago, can even be more than 30 years ago.
Queen Máxima keeps surprising us with her jewels during such baquets! (she's just wearing some stomachers that haven't been seen for like 30 years if it just are small brooches)
We are -as jewel-loving royal fans- very lucky to have such a Queen in the Netherlands!

When you mention a stomacher with originally a sapphire do you mean the one she wore in February post #245

or this is another one (in which case, lucky lucky Queen)

When you mention a stomacher with originally a sapphire do you mean the one she wore in February post #245

or this is another one (in which case, lucky lucky Queen)

It is another one. It is a devant-de-corsage given by King Willem III of the Netherlands to his fiancée Princess Emma von Waldeck und Pyrmont (1878). The original setting contains a large round sapphire surrounded by circles of old diamonds and with a large sapphire pendant. Queen Máxima wore this devant-de-corsage without the sapphires. The large central sapphire was replaced by a large orange stone, possibly a citrine.

Picture from ANP Historisch Archief:
Princess Juliana with the diamonds-and-pearls devant-de-corsage (as worn by Queen Máxima, last week) and Queen Beatrix with the large diamonds-and-sapphires devant-de-corsage but without the pendants.

http://www.anp-archief.nl/attachment/66807

Last edited:
The sheer size of the diamonds in the bandeau, the earhangers, the stomacher... it is just beyond belief. Amazing. Thank you for this great picture!

we can always count on maxima to bring out some glitter :)
well done to her for using her amazing jewels.

State banquet in honour of King and Queen of Sweden

Images have been heavily cropped, less than 20% of the original versions, and are not subject to copyright

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 388
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 478
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 426

That brooch! Wow! Stunning!:D

I LOVE Queen Maxima in general..and I LOVE her jewel surprises for us and her use of the royal jewels in general.

It is another one. It is a devant-de-corsage given by King Willem III of the Netherlands to his fiancée Princess Emma von Waldeck und Pyrmont (1878). The original setting contains a large round sapphire surrounded by circles of old diamonds and with a large sapphire pendant. Queen Máxima wore this devant-de-corsage without the sapphires. The large central sapphire was replaced by a large orange stone, possibly a citrine.

http://www.anp-archief.nl/attachment/66807

Is there any possibility that this large orange stone is an orange diamond?

Those jewels are amazing! That stomacher is especially breathtaking! I love that color.

Is there any possibility that this large orange stone is an orange diamond?

I believe the only orange diamond is in Queen Máxima's engagement ring. Orange diamonds, especially with the size of the centre stone in that stomacher, are extremely expensive. The general opinion is that it are citrines.

Picture from modekoninginmaxima.nl: the engagement ring (with orange diamond) and the wedding ring which is very simple: a band of white gold. As is the catholic use, the Queen wears her wedding ring at her left hand. The other hand shows the ring to commemorate the birth of Princess Ariane, the Queen's youngest daughter.

http://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/sites/default/files/145535065aa43db6f9643164728.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. If you miss the forums for a couple days all heck brakes loose. Love the brooch on one of my fave dresses. Maximas cresent brooch is also one of my super favorites.

I absolutely love Maxima's tiara, it's the perfect size - not too small or too big. However I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of the brooch, it's nice but it's not really my cup of tea.

I absolutely love Maxima's tiara, it's the perfect size - not too small or too big. However I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of the brooch, it's nice but it's not really my cup of tea.

I had mixed feelings on the stomacher brooch at first glance,but I must say I do like it and Maxima wears it well.

That stomacher/brooch is certainly an imposing piece and as always Maxima carries it well. That's not the type of jewel that everyone can wear with such panache. The tiara and earrings are.....well, what other superlative can you use with diamonds of those size other than the usual "magnificent, dazzling, jaw-dropping, amazing, stunning, breathtaking......." I've run out of adjectives at this point!

I believe the only orange diamond is in Queen Máxima's engagement ring. Orange diamonds, especially with the size of the centre stone in that stomacher, are extremely expensive. The general opinion is that it are citrines.

http://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/sites/default/files/145535065aa43db6f9643164728.jpg

Thanks, Duc. If the DRF can't afford a big orange diamond, I guess I had better be happy with a citrine myself. I did look at some very nice orange stones on ebay- what an amazing variety of shades they come in.

Wow! Maxima keeps on amazing me! I am happy she is bringing out all these wonderful jewels. I didn't even know the Dutch had such extraordinary jewels. I hope she keeps on bringing them out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom