Queen Máxima Jewels 1: 2013 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my ... the brooch is ... I am speechless....

Im so glad the Dutch (and us) have a Queen who really lights it up. She is just sunshine and its a joy to watch!!! I have been waiting to see this brooch and bracelet!

Im so glad the Dutch (and us) have a Queen who really lights it up. She is just sunshine and its a joy to watch!!! I have been waiting to see this brooch and bracelet!

I agree, Maxima has embraced her role as Queen. Her love and use of the Dutch royal jewels and exuberant love of life are a joy to watch.

Wonderfull to see the saphire bow brooche again after 33 years in the vaults.....:flowers:

Yes it is & I'm also wondering what else she has found in the House of Orange jewel chest!

Maxima today: February 12, 2014
She's wearing the same bracelets she's worn to several of her official engagements lately (pictures posted on previous page)

*Images have been heavily cropped, comprising less than 20% of the original versions, and are not subject to copyright

Attachments

• tsr1rsmi.jpg
    tsr1rsmi.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,900
  • gzkrsja8.jpg
    gzkrsja8.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 2,424
  • 6qv55vbr.jpg
    6qv55vbr.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,784
Last edited:
March 21st, 2014- Queen Maxima at the Kongreshaus in Baden-Baden
Images have been cropped (less than 20% of the original) and aren´t subject of copyright

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 408
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 628
  • 114.jpg
    114.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 350
:previous:

Thanks for those close-ups as always salma!

The devant corsage belonged to Queen Sophie of The Netherlands, nee Pss of Württemburg. The last time that the complete version has been worn inpublic was in the early 1980s. I am glad that the Queen is using it again.

http://www.dutchroyaljewels.nl/Diamond_Pearl_Corsage.htm

Thanks for those close-ups as always salma!

The devant corsage belonged to Queen Sophie of The Netherlands, nee Pss of Württemburg. The last time that the complete version has been worn inpublic was in the early 1980s. I am glad that the Queen is using it again.

Diamond and Pearl Corsage

That's a long gap,glad its been taken out of the Orange vaults and worn again by Her Majesty.

State banquet in honour of Chinese President

Images have been heavily cropped, less than 20% of the original versions, and are not subject to copyright

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 473
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 399
  • 675675.jpg
    675675.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 524

Thanks again salma. It seems that it isn't the complete stomacher btw, the lower pearls are originally attached to diamond strings. Note that both Q. Juliana as Q. Beatrix also wore the full version of the stomacher as a brooch.

An Ard Ri said:
That's a long gap,glad its been taken out of the Orange vaults and worn again by Her Majesty.

The upper part of the brooch has been used frequently actually, usually with a few diamonds or pearls attached to it. But not in this elaborate way.

Looking at the Picture of Q. M. I have to say "Thank you". She is almost the only one (besides Q. E.) who is still showing up in substantial pieces of jewelry. So giving us jewelry Lovers a real feast.
I wish others would do the same - at least from time to time ;)

State banquet in honour of Chinese President

Images have been heavily cropped, less than 20% of the original versions, and are not subject to copyright

Breathtaking jewels! I love that she wore one of my favorite tiaras. The bracelet, the earrings, and the brooch are also stunning.

On another note, it would have been great it Maxima wore the Stuart tiara at this state dinner for the first time.

Last edited:
Looking at the Picture of Q. M. I have to say "Thank you". She is almost the only one (besides Q. E.) who is still showing up in substantial pieces of jewelry. So giving us jewelry Lovers a real feast.
I wish others would do the same - at least from time to time ;)

Queen Silvia and Queen Margrethe certainly use the bigger pieces of their collection on a regular basis, as does Queen Sonja. The Crown Princesses however do not use them that often, usually because they do not have access to the full jewelry collection. Only the Queen of Spain seems to dislike the use of grand jewels. The Belgians don't have much so they can't wear it either. But indeed, Máxima is a nice change. esp. after her mother-in-law who left a large part of the collection unused.

Oh how very lucky are we magpies. Queen Maxima really knows how to rock incredibly serious jewellery. She has not flinched from her duty to her people and serious bling admirers and is putting it all out there knowing, I think, that regardless of the state of the economy, people can separate the historic from new flash.

She knows all these sparklers have great royal and even national history and let's be honest, the only way anyone is ever going to see them is when she fronts up wearing them. It is not like they are in a museum or art gallery for anyone to visit and admire.

No, Queen Maxima is having a ball dusting off all the old bits and bobs and restoring them to their original configuration just so she can rock them and we can admire, ok drool over their beauty, artistry and sheer brilliance. And let's not forget she is educating us about the historic royal who's who and who married who and who took what with with them when they left and who got them when they arrived!

Last edited:
Oh, bazinga! Maxima delights us jewel-a-loonies with the appearance of these luscious, massive pieces while enjoying the benefit of wearing them with her usual panache and style. She has not shirked from her responsibilities as Queen of the Magpies by any means at all and will certainly continue to hold us all in thrall.:wub:

Just thank you thank you Max, I especially love the aigrette and fab dangling diamond earrings. The pearl tiara and stomacher, just wonderful she's wearing all of it. And, it that the same diamond bracelet? With the red gown and then again with the pale pink gown?

It is moments like this that I miss my beloved Thomas Parkman....

Good one scooter.....that stomacher is just crazy gorgeous. I keep staring at it.

The stomacher was very impressive. You don't see royal ladies wearing large jewels like that these days.

Oh, bazinga! Maxima delights us jewel-a-loonies with the appearance of these luscious, massive pieces while enjoying the benefit of wearing them with her usual panache and style. She has not shirked from her responsibilities as Queen of the Magpies by any means at all and will certainly continue to hold us all in thrall.:wub:

Well said Baroness,Queen Maxima manages to wear them all so effortlessly regal and without looking gaudy.

Aaaah, I am looking Forward for the years to come and Maxxx impressing us again and again and again.
And: I am looking for the first (incoming) State Visit of another Reigning House and the REAL STUNNERS... and yeah, maybe even the Stuart Diademe
Bye Bine

Loved the gorgeous emerald drop earrings and butterfly brooch with green dress today.
And, beautiful pearl and diamond brooch with matching bracelet tonight. Any id on those please?

Attachments

• max pearls.jpg
    max pearls.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom