The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-22-2018, 02:01 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, she ould have ditched the scarf on her left arm/hand and the belt. No need to lose the diamonds . I found it a pity that she did not wear the mirrored necklace too, though it would require a different dress.

Old 11-22-2018, 06:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Well, she ould have ditched the scarf on her left arm/hand and the belt. No need to lose the diamonds . I found it a pity that she did not wear the mirrored necklace too, though it would require a different dress.
Belt could certainly go.

Old 11-22-2018, 10:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Chanel was not a Queen....jk.....that status gives you a little leeway...lol. It is so fun to see the videos...really shows the amazing sprkle of the Dutch jewels!!! Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans!!
Old 12-10-2018, 04:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Beautiful jewels for Queen Maxima tonight as she wore for the first time the full diamond brooch of Queen Emma.

https://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...82b&m=fbfmdflm
https://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...82b&m=ilccbgif
Old 12-10-2018, 04:54 PM
Administrator

I didn't expect any surprises for this visit but the queen is spoiling us. The full brooch of Queen Emma and the diamond earrings seem to be the 'smaller' diamonds from the top of the Stuart tiara. The bracelet is from the honeycomb set.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow..set next to the bandeau tiara you get a feel as to how big those earrings are. The stones are crazy huge. Almost needs a bigger tiara...lol
Old 12-10-2018, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The jewels are fantastic but had Queen Maxima worn her hair up it would have a better effect especially at a State Gala.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:50 PM
Majesty

The lady has shown disdain and disrespect for the unbelievable costly heirloom jewels she wore, by her appearance. Totally unworthy a Queen of the Netherlands. If she only had some more of the gravitas and the dignity of Princess Beatrix. What a total let-down. She managed to make the most unbelievable diamonds looking like cheap trash from the Pound Shop. She desacralized these treasures. Unforgiveable.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Maxima's tiara appearances of 2018:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Old 12-12-2018, 03:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The lady has shown disdain and disrespect for the unbelievable costly heirloom jewels she wore, by her appearance. Totally unworthy a Queen of the Netherlands. If she only had some more of the gravitas and the dignity of Princess Beatrix. What a total let-down. She managed to make the most unbelievable diamonds looking like cheap trash from the Pound Shop. She desacralized these treasures. Unforgiveable.

Stop this total utter nonsense,you're not the one to decide,you don't owe the jewellery.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:11 AM
Administrator

Indeed, if anyone showed disrespect for these jewels it must have been Beatrix herself by not wearing them / hiding them in her hairdo. Queen Maxima has been a joy to watch over these years as she is discovering all kinds of jewels & combinations that we have not seen in decades.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:25 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, if only Queen Max would wash her hair and comb it for most of the time it looks dirty and unkempt......and some of her clothing choices are just beyond weird to me....her hair does not make her look clean at times.....stringy and dirty looking....I wish she would use a hair dresser or at least comb it when getting ready to leave the house......
Old 12-12-2018, 08:43 AM
Majesty

At least those typical tasteless bored billionaire wives or daughters on Instagram, with too much money and too little time, have clean and coiffed hair. And apart from the hair: Máxima deserves no praise because destroyed the effect of the corsage by wearing it -tilted- as a way oversized brooch and the proportion between the bandeau, the earrings and the corsage was totally lost.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:46 AM
Courtier

I know I've said it before, but I suspect that some of Maxima's issues with having her hair look polished may stem from having fine hair coupled with years and years of over-processing to maintain the color. That can wreak havoc with even the most carefully styled hair over time. I don't for one minute think that her hair is dirty, I think she is just struggling with something that a large number of women with less than ideal hair texture struggle with. I've sometimes wondered if she would be better served by following Letizia's example from a few years ago, chopping it all off, and growing it out again with a bit less processing and a shorter overall length. She could still add in extensions for updos, but have an easier to maintain, shorter style for daily wear.

Edited to add: Mathilde seems to make this work for her.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Max has just awed me this year with her gowns and jewels. So fun!!!! We don't have to like every look but she has a sheer presence that just gleams as much as her jewels!! Looking forward to more!! Merry Christmas friends!!!
Old 12-31-2018, 08:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Best Royal Jewels of 2018: #1 (The Stuart Tiara Returns) | The Court Jeweller

A stunning and regal tiara.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Dutch Pearl Pin Brooch | The Court Jeweller

A very beautiful brooch.

Tags
jewels, queen maxima