The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-21-2017, 04:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Maxima's tiara apprearncse of 2017:

1 2 3 4 5

Old 11-23-2017, 05:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

And, ladies and gentlemen, this is how the biggest royal magpie does it!
Five tiara appearances, five different tiaras and covering all the basics – diamond, sapphire, ruby, emerald and pearl.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Maxima's Citrines | The Court Jeweller

I don't like her ring but there rest are stunning. The bracelets, the earrings, and brooches are spectacular.
Old 11-27-2017, 03:07 AM
Majesty

That ring is not a citrine ring but one with a rare orange diamond. At the moment there is an exhibition in The Hague by Steltman Jewellers (the royal jeweller) which has created the ring (designed by the then Prince of Orange) and they confirm the centre stone is an orange diamond, flanked by two big diamonds and kept together by a double band with diamonds: picture.
Old 12-27-2017, 04:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Best Royal Jewels of 2017: #9 (The Ruby Peacock Necklace) | The Court Jeweller

I don't like this tiara but I prefer it as a necklace.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The Best Royal Jewels of 2017: #9 (The Ruby Peacock Necklace) | The Court Jeweller

I don't like this tiara but I prefer it as a necklace.
It is a parure: a diadem with a mirroring collier and other items like earrings, corsages, brooches, bracelets and rings. It is not the diadem worn as a collier:

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/d6/89/4f/d...yal-jewels.jpg

Irene wore the collier without diamond-and-ruby base to let it flow on her neck. Máxima wore it with base, like Juliana in 1948: to wear it over a dress.

Queen Juliana:
https://www.alberttencate.com/TenCate/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/juliana.jpg

Queen Máxima:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...8e3e96c44b.jpg

Old 02-04-2018, 03:44 AM
Majesty

I can not see a thread for Princess Catharina-Amalia, so I post it here. She was seen with a gold-and-diamond necklace designed by her cousine Princess Margarita de Bourbon de Parme, I think.

http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2018/PPE18020383.jpg

https://alexandraroskam.files.wordpr.../06/foto-3.jpg
Old 02-24-2018, 02:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Emma's Diamond Tiara | The Court Jeweller

I love this tiara. It’s magnificent and regal.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Antique Pearl Tiara | The Court Jeweller

A wonderful tiara. It is very beautiful and elegant.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:34 AM
Majesty

About the earrings: I wonder if Queen Máxima ordered the centre ruby stones to be replaced by diamonds?

With rubies

With diamonds

The two sets look different to me (in design) or is it only my eyes tricking me?
Old 03-10-2018, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

To me they look like two different pairs of earrings. The diamond petals of the ruby earrings look quite irregular, while the petals in the diamond earrings look very regular and symmetric.

Old 03-11-2018, 09:01 AM
Royal Highness

I think that Maxima is the queen with the combination of the most flair, and the best jewelery box,(after QEII)
Old 03-20-2018, 05:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Maxima's stunning necklace tonight

http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...def&m=kgncfddh
Old 03-20-2018, 06:20 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

What a lovely surprise: a smaller version of the necklace of the Stuart parure. Let's hope to see it soon without HM's hair covering most of the diamonds.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
I think that Maxima is the queen with the combination of the most flair, and the best jewelery box,(after QEII)
The best jewelry boxes you wil find in Sweden and indeed NL,that is if you look for class.If you look for big and out of touch,then peek in Aunt Lillibeths jewel box,most are horrid.But the small grand Lady makes one forget about that.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:13 AM
Majesty

What a nice idea (from Queen Máxima or the Court Jeweller ?) to remove the pendants and shorten the base of the collier into a choker. Under Queen Beatrix we seldom saw this sort of versatility with the jewels.

The hairdo and the dress did no justice to the choker which exists of big rectangle thickstone centre diamonds. It must have been magic in the muted light of the chandeliers and candelabras of Noordeinde Palace.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

The necklace looks lovely in this altered setting! Good thinking, and nice to know that Maxima still likes playing with the baubles. I somehow want to believe that she has a bigger plan for slowly re-introducing the whole parure, step by step. Maybe, she already has option for the other pieces from the Stuart parure in mind? A smaller setting of the grand tiara might already be in the making. (Or at least I hope so.)

Old 03-21-2018, 06:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
The best jewelry boxes you wil find in Sweden and indeed NL,that is if you look for class.If you look for big and out of touch,then peek in Aunt Lillibeths jewel box,most are horrid.But the small grand Lady makes one forget about that.
Ooh, that is harsh. Some of Aunt Lilibets jewels, especially tiaras she has commissioned herself (aqua, ruby and sapphire) are a more acquired taste, but the bulk of the jewellery collection, IMO, is pretty classic. I am thinking crown Rubies, the George VI sapphire demi-parure, the Delhi Durbar emerald necklace, the 3 string collets, Queen Victoria's pearl and diamond necklace, the Brazilian aqua dem-parure, the South African diamond necklace and bracelet.....
Old 03-22-2018, 03:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Ooh, that is harsh. Some of Aunt Lilibets jewels, especially tiaras she has commissioned herself (aqua, ruby and sapphire) are a more acquired taste, but the bulk of the jewellery collection, IMO, is pretty classic. I am thinking crown Rubies, the George VI sapphire demi-parure, the Delhi Durbar emerald necklace, the 3 string collets, Queen Victoria's pearl and diamond necklace, the Brazilian aqua dem-parure, the South African diamond necklace and bracelet.....
I agree. The King George State Diadem, the Girls of Great Britain & NI, the "Cambridge" Lovers' Knot Diadem, there are really beautiful jewels in the collection, aside from a few quite ugly ones (but that is in the eye of the beholder). The British ladies are also not always honouring the jewels by giving it "supporting hair" like the Swedes do. Elaborate coiffures for elaborate jewels.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Please stay on topic! This thread is about Queen Maxima's jewellery. Further off-topic remarks about comparing the jewellery collections of other royal families will be removed without further notice.

Tags
jewels, queen maxima