The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-11-2017, 04:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
Seeking attention or what here......this is just a horrible way to enter a country for a state visit.
She just arrived at the airport in non-official capacity, that is all. Nothing to do with the State Visit.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Stunning emerald jewels but for me totally mismatched with the dress.

And only Max can go from a giant cockroach necklace to state jewels in the blink of an eye.
Not in the blink of an eye. In between the cockroach and the emeralds was a big diamond brooch: https://blauwbloed.eo.nl/fileadmin/b...df9201c5f4.jpg

Old 10-11-2017, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Don't hit me, but I don't mind the giant beetle. It's eye-catching, modern, fresh, fun... and won't certainly be seen often. So no panic.

Those emeralds at the banquet were great, I really enjoyed seeing them on her again. The tiara still would be nice with two more emerald prongs to make it more substantial and to give it a more balanced look. And the necklace is very yummy, if you ask me. I really loved seeing it again. And great choice to wear emeralds as a not to the Portuguese flag.

Old 10-11-2017, 03:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Those emeralds at the banquet were great, I really enjoyed seeing them on her again. The tiara still would be nice with two more emerald prongs to make it more substantial and to give it a more balanced look. And the necklace is very yummy, if you ask me. I really loved seeing it again. And great choice to wear emeralds as a not to the Portuguese flag.
I agree, two more prongs on the tiara would be great. Wonder why they don't retrieve them from the pair of earrings that were made with the original prongs from the tiara?
Old 10-11-2017, 03:56 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Tonight HM is wearing a diamond necklace, with a part of the Mellerio stomacher attached:

https://twitter.com/Rick_Evers/statu...78718090227712

Edit:
she seems to have a diamond insect(?) brooch in her hair:
https://twitter.com/JeroenSnel/statu...78653917401089
Old 10-11-2017, 03:57 PM
Commoner

Look at Maxima making new jewel combinations!!
Old 10-11-2017, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

She looked great tonight, I love it when she wears brooches in her hair. And I'm looking forward to a better pic of the necklace.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
She looked great tonight, I love it when she wears brooches in her hair. And I'm looking forward to a better pic of the necklace.
Or might it be one of the ears of wheat brooches in her hair?
Old 10-11-2017, 06:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow!! She looks incredible!!!! I would Love to see her jewelry cases for this visit!!! She has brought some loot!!!! Beautiful dress also.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the hair diamonds, wish we could see what it was.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...963&m=gpibmabp

woaaaahhhh, stunning look! so refreshing to see that max is not afraid to dazzle.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:29 PM
Aristocracy

Great necklace. Not sure about it with that dress though.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:22 PM
Courtier

The jewels are fabulous and just perfect. Only thing is, stripes on any woman going any which way is not IMHO a good thing to wear so the gown is a huge miss for me. Not one of her best looks tonight.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
The jewels are fabulous and just perfect. Only thing is, stripes on any woman going any which way is not IMHO a good thing to wear so the gown is a huge miss for me. Not one of her best looks tonight.
I thought it was fabulous for an evening at the theatre, look at the spectacular effect of the flowing cape catching wind, the whole ensemble completed with beautiful jewels: picture.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:15 AM
Majesty

Stripes when done right an be beautiful. If it was an entire gown of stripes perhaps not. But this is one stripe. And the angle of it looks beautiful when in motion, with the cape out behind her.
Old 10-13-2017, 04:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I thought it was fabulous for an evening at the theatre, look at the spectacular effect of the flowing cape catching wind, the whole ensemble completed with beautiful jewels: picture.
I do understand about the way the wind caught the cape and gown itself, yet my eye went right to the black stripe across the middle, even though it is a dramatic gown for the evening, it is not something I would wear as I do not like stripes on any thing. So given that it is a miss IMHO. And I do not even own a single piece of clothing with stripes....just not my thing!
Old 10-13-2017, 05:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Very theatrical, I agree, I quite like the cape element of the dress, though I am not sure the stripe element, if I could call it that, do very much for me.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator

Let's stay keep it to the jewels, as this is not the fashion thread.

I love that the chose emeralds for one evening and rubies for the other. Green and red, for the Portuguese flag.
Has anybody seen a close up of the brooch in her hair? Because I haven't, and I'm not sure which one it was.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen wears diamonds on her long hait . Are they pictures.
Great Choice of Rubies.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Dutch Visit to Portugal: State Banquet | The Court Jeweller

I don't think she's worn this tiara since 2014.
I'm glad she wore the emerald parure. I was getting tired of her wearing the rubies or the sapphires. The emeralds are some of my favorite Dutch royal jewels although they don't seem to have many fans here.

Tags
jewels, queen maxima