The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-30-2017, 03:10 AM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor

Great pictures of Maxima's earrings on Friday evening at W-A's birthday dinner.

Unsure of the stones in the earrings, but to me they seem like diamonds with a combination of aquamarines, some light amethysts and other similar stones.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Event of the Day: September 16

If you scroll down in the link about Prinsjesdag 2015, Laurentien appears to be in the same earrings.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:53 AM
Majesty

Jewels in Motion: Queen Maxima's Wedding Jewels | The Court Jeweller

Her jewels were magnificent. The tiara is stunning and the earrings and braclet are classic and beautiful. Her entire look on her wedding day was amazing.

Old 05-09-2017, 02:34 PM
Aristocracy

Queen Máxima is wearing the big sapphire tiara in full version tonight in Oslo. She combines it with large sapphire and diamond earrings, the large sapphire bow brooch and a large diamond bracelet/evening watch. She's in every inch a Queen!
Old 05-09-2017, 02:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaNL View Post
Queen Máxima is wearing the big sapphire tiara in full version tonight in Oslo. She combines it with large sapphire and diamond earrings, the large sapphire bow brooch and a large diamond bracelet/evening watch. She's in every inch a Queen!
As I said n another forum, I think Maxima overdid it while most other royal ladies (except for Queen Silvia perhaps) are more low key tonight.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree it was overdone but only for her dress. but maybe she wanted to show respect that way. Queen Silvia wore her whopper sapphire tiara also.

Doesn't she have pink kunsite or pink topaz parures she could have worn with this dress, and then maybe "just" the diamond collet as tiara?
Old 05-10-2017, 06:56 AM
Majesty

Queen Máxima did debut two massive diamond-and-sapphire bracelets no longer been seen anymore since 1972. It are the two bracelets which are part of a parure together with the diadem she wore:

The bracelets in 1972: http://www.anp-archief.nl/attachment/241058

The bracelets in 2017: http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/May2...E170509100.jpg
Old 05-10-2017, 08:22 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

What a treat. Now we just need the necklace and the parure is complete.

The bracelets are large enough top be used as a tiara -if they decided to make them convertibles . Just like the sapphire bracelet of the nobility of the late GDss Josephine-Charlotte.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:05 AM
Majesty

It is kind of strange that the Orange-Nassaus have four beautiful and quite substantial and valuable diamond-and-sapphire bracelets, of which two were not seen for 45 years, and that then they opted for de-construction of the Borneo Diamonds Bracelet, possibly Europe's most eye-popping bracelet- I would have gone for the pair of bracelets not worn for 45 years and change these to new use instead of the Borneo Diamonds Bracelet...
Old 05-10-2017, 07:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Max killin it again tonight with some more sapphires!!!!!
Old 05-10-2017, 07:33 PM
Majesty

Maxima looked amazing in the sapphires. Glad to see it again.

Here are her jewels today:

https://s8.postimg.org/qerkoyyvp/CCD...mx_Jhx_Rug.jpg

The sapphire brooch is exquisite.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Love her jewelry.

LaRae
Old 05-19-2017, 01:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I notice today that she changed jewelry between events. Her broche is different. I don't remember to see any of them before.

RUT_2868.jpg | Robin Utrecht | Photoshelter

RUT_2757.jpg | Robin Utrecht | Photoshelter

I actually I do not understand the point of changing it. Wonder what is the reason?
I get the point of the hat but not the jewellery
Old 05-20-2017, 01:20 AM
Majesty

The Dutch Sapphire Parure Tiara | The Court Jeweller

This tiara is absolutely stunning and regal. One of my favorites.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:38 AM
Majesty

I love Maxima's use of jewellery, and when she has a collection like that it's a National Treasure that only she can show her countrymen. Lucky she doesn't mind the job . . . or is it a calling?

Maxima's second brooch looks to be actually two separate brooches which, when you think about it, is a very Max thing to do.

RUT_2868.jpg | Robin Utrecht | Photoshelter
Old 05-20-2017, 02:58 AM
Nobility

I'm also loving Maxima's use of jewellery. Its wonderful how she seemingly effortlessly wears e.g bug brooches or those fantastic historical pieces. She's truly fun to watch because she brings some bling and characteristic to her everyday outfits.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:59 PM
Majesty

http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...f54&m=jegoahjc

The Wurttemberg big gun is out tonight for the Diplomatic Corps reception
Old 05-23-2017, 05:38 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

For some reason I always expect 'more' of this tiara on her. The end result has IMHO never looked as nice as I anticipated, this time being no exception. Perhaps it is the lose hair this time... In Japan it was placed slightly off-center while at a previous a CD it just seemed too big. This time both things happened. For some reason this tiara looks better with Beatrix' puffy hair behind it.

The earrings are favorites of HM. I believe they belong to the Mellerio Ruby parure but HM has changed the lower stones numerous times, this time she used pearls. During her wedding she used small diamonds that belonged to Queen Wilhelmina Frederica (nee of Prussia).
Old 05-23-2017, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...f54&m=jegoahjc

The Wurttemberg big gun is out tonight for the Diplomatic Corps reception

I'd have preferred an up hair do with this rather grand pearl tiara!
Old 05-23-2017, 07:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I'd have preferred an up hair do with this rather grand pearl tiara!
I agree. She looks beautiful but a tiara - especially one that big - needs at least some of the hair to be styled and up to look good. The tiara just looks very random on top of the long, unstyled hair, like she decided to plop it on at the last minute. (Who knows, maybe she did).

Actually the whole picture is random - Maxima is in tiara and a beautiful dress while WA looks like an intern who just got off work and rushed over from the office.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:31 PM
Majesty

Probably did. As discussed in other thread, the king gets dressed there. Maxima obviously needs more time for dress, hair and makeup. Though not an updo, her hair was certainly styled.

Great to see the tiara on her. But I agree, tiaras need elegant updos.

Tags
jewels, queen maxima