The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1021  
Old 03-28-2017, 02:28 PM
cdm's Avatar
cdm cdm is offline
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: België, Belgique, Belgium
Posts: 1,431
I hope that the Dutch TV will make a documentary one day about the jewelry collection like the Scandinavian royals did a few years ago. About the history and with interviews with the current wearers.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1022  
Old 03-28-2017, 03:11 PM
PetticoatLane's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: A Small Town, United Kingdom
Posts: 427
I'd never heard of the Stuart diamond or the tiara it lives in until I came to this site and I don't blame any of the recent Dutch ladies for not wearing it - it's actually incredibly ugly. Such a mess of a tiara for an important stone. The necklace is lovely though.

The diamond bandeau is just so disappointing - it always seems diminished by the hair it sits on. It comes across as a shiny head band. Again a rather forgettable setting for some nice diamonds. It should be turned into a necklace to really show them properly.

Maxima's jewellery choices tend to be either good or absolutely terrible so I'd say last night was one of her best outings.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1023  
Old 03-28-2017, 05:14 PM
rubies's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: daytona beach, United States
Posts: 2,718
Max pulling out some more big guns!!!! Love the sapphire bracelet!!
Reply With Quote
  #1024  
Old 03-29-2017, 03:25 AM
duke of poliganc's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: cairo, Egypt
Posts: 600
i just can't keep my eyes of the sapphire devant de corsage whenever i open a picture of the return concert i only see the sapphire devan de corsage such a masterpiece .
Reply With Quote
  #1025  
Old 03-29-2017, 03:38 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 6,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
I'd never heard of the Stuart diamond or the tiara it lives in until I came to this site and I don't blame any of the recent Dutch ladies for not wearing it - it's actually incredibly ugly. Such a mess of a tiara for an important stone. The necklace is lovely though.

The diamond bandeau is just so disappointing - it always seems diminished by the hair it sits on. It comes across as a shiny head band. Again a rather forgettable setting for some nice diamonds. It should be turned into a necklace to really show them properly.

Maxima's jewellery choices tend to be either good or absolutely terrible so I'd say last night was one of her best outings.
We see it in pictures, even the best diamonds can look "dead". But when you see Queen Máxima in that bandeau in real life, it is awesome. On TV we saw her arriving at the Rijksmuseum in 2013 in a low evening sun and the sparkle was just magic. All colours of the rainbow glitzing from these big and deep glimmers, but on pictures no any effect is to seen, only so now and then a camera managed to capture it: glanz und gloria

In real life, at a banquet, under those gigantic chandeliers and with those massive candelabras on the tables, these diamonds are given all chance to unfold their splendor and to dazzle onlookers.

Reply With Quote
  #1026  
Old 03-30-2017, 10:14 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 9,027
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Dutch Diamond Bandeau, Revisited

An amazingly regal tiara. Just beautiful.
Reply With Quote
  #1027  
Old 03-30-2017, 12:04 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,626
Stunning..


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #1028  
Old 04-08-2017, 06:37 AM
royalfanvivian's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zeeland, Netherlands
Posts: 134
Queen Maxima now has several personal bracelets that symbolize her family. This week there appeared to her wrist again another beautiful gold bracelet with the names of her daughters, Amalia, Alexia and Ariane.

Nieuw: Koningin Máxima's gouden dochters armband | De Oranjes
Reply With Quote
  #1029  
Old 04-08-2017, 07:33 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 6,873
In one of the weekly magazines, I believe it was Weekend (a gossip rag, so take it with a pinch of salt) there was a theory about the re-appearance of the collier with the House diamonds. Their theory was that in the last decade of Queen Juliana's kingship (1948-1980), her taste in wearing grand jewels changed.

Until her death (2004), the late Queen Juliana had these jewels in her own possession at Soestdijk Palace and they only re-surfaced after her death and that of her spouse Prince Bernhard. By that time Queen Beatrix probably regarded herself as already too old for starting to wear such opulent jewels.

When Queen Máxima, known for her love for jewels, got access to these jewels, she decided to make good use of it. It is a theory. Who knows. Fact is that indeed that after the late Queen's death iong not seen pieces surfaced, especially since 2013 (Queen Máxima). I think any guess is as good as it is.
Reply With Quote
  #1030  
Old 04-08-2017, 07:37 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 6,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalfanvivian View Post
Queen Maxima now has several personal bracelets that symbolize her family. This week there appeared to her wrist again another beautiful gold bracelet with the names of her daughters, Amalia, Alexia and Ariane.

Nieuw: Koningin Máxima's gouden dochters armband | De Oranjes
She seems quite devoted to her family, when we look to all the jewels that symbolize the bond with them.
Reply With Quote
  #1031  
Old 04-08-2017, 07:47 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 18,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
In one of the weekly magazines, I believe it was Weekend (a gossip rag, so take it with a pinch of salt) there was a theory about the re-appearance of the collier with the House diamonds. Their theory was that in the last decade of Queen Juliana's kingship (1948-1980), her taste in wearing grand jewels changed.

Until her death (2004), the late Queen Juliana had these jewels in her own possession at Soestdijk Palace and they only re-surfaced after her death and that of her spouse Prince Bernhard. By that time Queen Beatrix probably regarded herself as already too old for starting to wear such opulent jewels.

When Queen Máxima, known for her love for jewels, got access to these jewels, she decided to make good use of it. It is a theory. Who knows. Fact is that indeed that after the late Queen's death iong not seen pieces surfaced, especially since 2013 (Queen Máxima). I think any guess is as good as it is.
I didn't know you were reading gossip rags these days . But interesting information. Do you know who the author of the article was?

I believe that prof. Fasseur said that during the clean up of Soestdijk the family fell from one surprise into another when drawers were opened. He did mention jewelry lying around. But it was assumed at the time that it was small jewelry and the diamond watch/bracelet. One would suspect that the most important & valuable pieces of the collection would be locked up in a save in The Hague, not hidden in a drawer at Soestdijk.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #1032  
Old 04-08-2017, 11:46 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 6,873
It was in the supermarket, my waiting queue was in the lane with magazines so I took my chance. I believe the headline was: Máxima shows jewels worth millions.
Reply With Quote
  #1033  
Old 04-20-2017, 09:52 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 9,027
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Jewels of the Day: Queen Máxima's Tutti Frutti Set

A very stunning set. Beautiful colors.
Reply With Quote
  #1034  
Old 04-29-2017, 09:20 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: salzburg, Austria
Posts: 459
Can somebody identify the bracelet for me, QM was wearing during the birthday celebrations on her right hand?

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/807973989368859086/

I am not entirely sure if there are gemstones in the middle or if this is diamonds only....
Reply With Quote
  #1035  
Old 04-29-2017, 10:46 AM
duke of poliganc's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: cairo, Egypt
Posts: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
Can somebody identify the bracelet for me, QM was wearing during the birthday celebrations on her right hand?

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/807973989368859086/

I am not entirely sure if there are gemstones in the middle or if this is diamonds only....
both of the bracelets she wore are a redesign of an older big bracelet called the East Indies bracelet photo 1 photo 2 photo 3 .
Reply With Quote
  #1036  
Old 04-29-2017, 11:45 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: salzburg, Austria
Posts: 459
Wow - thank you. I was not aware.
Reply With Quote
  #1037  
Old 04-29-2017, 12:34 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 17,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
both of the bracelets she wore are a redesign of an older big bracelet called the East Indies bracelet photo 1 photo 2 photo 3 .
Thanks for the additional information,queen Máxima excels on the jewel front and wears them with style.
__________________
1st of August 2016-Death of Queen Anne of Romania
Reply With Quote
  #1038  
Old 04-29-2017, 12:52 PM
Frelinghighness's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England, United States
Posts: 4,363
Thanks for the info and photos on the redesign. I was wondering a bout her bracelets too as they were not her typical bracelets, like the three a!s she seems to always wear
Reply With Quote
  #1039  
Old 04-29-2017, 03:43 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 9,027
Maxima Sparkles for Willem-Alexander's 50th Birthday | The Court Jeweller

A stunning pair of earrings.
Reply With Quote
  #1040  
Old 04-30-2017, 01:01 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 9,027
Jewels in Motion: Queen Maxima's Inauguration Jewels | The Court Jeweller

Her jewels were amazing that day.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jewels, queen maxima


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Questions about British Styles and Titles summrbrew2 British Royals 3119 05-12-2017 02:16 AM
Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Jewellery Josefine Royal Jewels 259 04-02-2017 02:41 AM
Fashion Suggestions for Queen Maxima dazzling Royal Style File 33 10-03-2016 12:57 PM
"Matriarch - Queen Mary and the House of Windsor" by Anne Edwards (1984) norwegianne Royal Library 15 06-14-2011 10:16 PM




Popular Tags
affair albania austria belgian state visit to japan best gown september 2016 best outfit birthday countess of snowdon crown princess mary crown princess mary cocktail dresses crown princess mary fashion denmark duchess of cambridge duke of cambridge elia zaharia fashion poll hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style jewels king abdullah ii king carl gustaf and queen silvia king willem-alexander lists monarchy november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week picture of the week november 2016 pierre casiraghi power prince charles princess diana lady spencer princess marie style princess mary princess mary fashion princess sofia princess sofia style queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia cocktail dresses queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia eveningwear queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania australia november 2016 queen rania dresses queen rania fashion romania royal wedding september 2016 shaikh zayed bin hamdan bin zayed al nahyan state visit succession sweden the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats tiara uae nature


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:51 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises