The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-13-2017, 03:24 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Isn't it the rose-cut bandeau on a higher frame? She may have borrowed the tiara from her mother, as she did with other jewels too. At the time she probably only owned the Aquamarine parure, aquamarines from Bernhard, the diamond roses and the sapphire parure of Queen Emma.

Old 02-13-2017, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

You might be right about the rose-cut bandeau, but I thought that this one looks higher, and we have never seen it on another frame before.

Old 02-13-2017, 03:39 PM
Majesty

Yes, the bandeau with old rose-cut diamonds on a different monture:

Willem Mengelberg dirigeert het Concertgebouworkest, in aanwezigheid van de koninklijke familie en talloze vertegenwoordigers uit de hogere lagen van de Amsterdamse samenleving - Geheugen van Nederland

(Click on the picture for XL) Note all ladies with opera gloves and the ostrich feathers. Those were the days. A night at the Opera...
Old 02-13-2017, 05:06 PM
Aristocracy

The positioning of the bandeau is different, not the monture. It you look at modern side views of it being worn (for example by Máxima), you'll see the same curve visible as in the picture of young Princess Juliana.

BTW, there is not a single rose-cut diamond in this jewel, so I'm surprised that people still reffer to it as ''The (old) rose-cut diamond bandeau'', when it's cushion-cut diamonds that adorn it.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:27 PM
Majesty

As long as I frequent these boards the term "the bandeau with rose-cut diamonds" is used. I have never realised if that name was correct or not. I have no idea what cut the stones are.

The frame indeed shows a flowing line: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dKYbuOIKc3...deau+Tiara.jpg
Old 02-14-2017, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

I guess that 'rose-cut' just sounds so very lovely. So the name sticks to the tiara like glue. But a rose-cut looks decidedly different, and much more boring.

The flowing line of the tiara frame is what make it just so perfect, imo. It's no wonder that Maxima has worn it so often.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:04 AM
Courtier

the ruby peacock parure necklace different forms .
Old 02-17-2017, 06:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
I am impressed by the skills of Johann Eduard Schürmann & Co in Frankfurt, the creator of this parure in 1887. Like almost all Orange-Nassau jewels, also the versatility of this parure is ingenious.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Interesting picture. I think the necklace would also look nice if worn without the stiff upper part. Just the scroll elements and a centre piece. But I'm not sure it that is technically possible.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Interesting picture. I think the necklace would also look nice if worn without the stiff upper part. Just the scroll elements and a centre piece. But I'm not sure it that is technically possible.
it is possible princess irene wore the necklace in that form , i think it looked more delicate that way .
Old 02-18-2017, 02:51 AM
Majesty

Queen Juliana and Queen Máxima wore the collier with the base on their dress' neckline. The stiff round base then corresponded with the round neckline. Princess Irene wore it on her skin. Then the removed base allows the collier to follow the ladies' contours. It is an ingenious piece.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
queen maxima at a Dinner in Wittenberg, Germany wearing the trellis-necklace , the diamond studs from Queen Wilhelmina's diamond earrings and what i think is one of the diamond bracelets that were made of the dismantled East Indies bracelet .
It is interesting that in 1901 Johann Eduard Schürmann & Co was able to create such a fine piece of craftmanship, while only a few years earlier they created that bulky monstrosity, the Stuart Diadem, where any fine craftmanship, delicate settings and pleasing esthetics have been lost out of the eye. It is interesting that the very same jeweller can create such different eh... qualities in design.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
it is possible princess irene wore the necklace in that form , i think it looked more delicate that way .
Ah, thank you! I prefer that look, especially as it's worn on the skin. The version with the collar looks very stiff, imho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It is interesting that in 1901 Johann Eduard Schürmann & Co was able to create such a fine piece of craftmanship, while only a few years earlier they created that bulky monstrosity, the Stuart Diadem, where any fine craftmanship, delicate settings and pleasing esthetics have been lost out of the eye. It is interesting that the very same jeweller can create such different eh... qualities in design.
Oh well. Doesn't that happen very often? Live is full of hits and misses. There are different people working on the designs, the customers order different styles, the designers have good days and not so good ones... The Stuart parure was created in order to dazzle by pure carat power. And that it does! I think we can agree on that.

Old 02-18-2017, 12:10 PM
Courtier

another picture of princess irene wearing the nicklace without the base and the peacock feather at queen juliana's 25th wedding anniversary .
Old 02-20-2017, 06:20 AM
Courtier

Maxima Glitters in Royal Paradise | The Court Jeweller
i love every individual piece but not to sure about them together .
Old 02-21-2017, 12:29 PM
Serene Highness

Queen Máxima Jewellery 30.4.2013 -

Charlotte Lynggaard posted a picture of Maxima with her gypsy earrings on her instagram.

https://instagram.com/p/BQugaY_BE_4/

Lynggaard is a favourite of Mary.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:50 PM
Courtier

didn't know where to put this picture so i'm gonna put it here this is a photo of the emerald parure brooch in it's different forms .
Old 03-13-2017, 02:27 PM
Royal Highness

It seems Maxima loves "insect"-jewellery...

http://members2.boardhost.com/royal-...488992065.html
Old 03-27-2017, 02:18 PM
Majesty

The house diamonds necklace us looking amazing this evening.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The house diamonds necklace us looking amazing this evening.
Yes Queen Maxima make amazing compination tonight !!

http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...ef7&m=apglhkbn
http://static.eo.nl/fileadmin/bestan...e68a3c5639.jpg

Tags
jewels, queen maxima