The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-04-2016, 09:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
Is there any close-up of this necklace available? and if i remember, there were some speculations that this necklace was only borrowed???
No, it is no loan. It is exactly known when, and where, and for which prize the necklace and bracelet have been purchased: on March 13th 2007, at Christie's Amsterdam, the set was bought for the hammer prize of € 50.400,-- (additional costs excluded).

Old 12-05-2016, 12:41 AM
Royal Highness

Ah, the tutti frutti necklace and bracelet. I love tutti frutti and the pieces, it's true are definitely not on loan. Duc, wasn't it speculated the jewels were for some anniversary or another? Birthday, wedding or something? I could be wrong in my guess.

Old 12-05-2016, 01:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

De Tutti Frutti-sieraden van koningin Máxima | ModekoninginMaxima.nl
English and dutch text in link: article about the tutti frutti set
Old 12-06-2016, 12:53 AM
Royal Highness

Many Thanks for the info. Just a beautiful set.
Old 12-31-2016, 01:24 AM
Majesty

The Dutch Star Tiara | The Court Jeweller

Not fond of the pearl version but the star version is stunning. Too bad it is rarely seen.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
No, it is no loan. It is exactly known when, and where, and for which prize the necklace and bracelet have been purchased: on March 13th 2007, at Christie's Amsterdam, the set was bought for the hammer prize of € 50.400,-- (additional costs excluded).
thank you so much for the information. I am just puzzled - knowing from a friend who sells antique jewels how expensive such pieces are - that the price was not higher.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The Kings host an diner in honour of German President Gauck and his wife Daniela Schadt in Palace Noordeinde

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4AEzLpWYAAP3ZC.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4AEzLpWMAAyhlJ.jpg

Is Maxima wearing the peacock tiara as a necklace?
Old 02-06-2017, 01:53 PM
Courtier

i think she is indeed , the necklace that Princess Irene wore was much delicate and didn't had a diamond line around the neck but the tiara has a diamond line at the base and there is no rubies in it so i'm little confused .

after comparing a few pics i think it's the necklace cause the tiara also has two diamonds under the central ruby cluster and thee is a photo of Queen Juliana wearing the necklace with the extra diamond and ruby line at her inauguration .
Old 02-06-2017, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

It should be the necklace. At the tiara there a 7 rubies and diamonds going up in the middle. At the necklace only 5. And at the necklace there is also one ruby below the diamond who are going up in the middle.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

picture cropped to less than 20% of the original and not subject to copyright
[url=https://postimage.org/index.php?lang=german]
Let this comparison speak for itself. There are loads of difference between tiara and necklace. From the rubies in the necklace base to the additional diamonds above the tiara base to fewer and smaller 'peacock feathers' in the necklace.
So the good old necklace is still there. Afaik, there were rumours that the necklace had been sold.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Is that a tiara turned into a necklace?
No, it's the matching necklace. It has not been seen worn by a Queen since the grandmother of WA presented the parure to Irene.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:39 PM
Majesty

Fabulous! What a surprise! That such a fantastic collier remained in the cassette for 40 or 50 years! It is indeed absolutely the collier and not the diadem.

The diadem has a diamonds-only base, the collier has square rubies in the base. The central motif of the collier has two diamonds flanking it, which is not corresponding the central motif of the diadem.

Wonderful dress. The jewels are not done justice I am afraid to say: they deserved to be worn on skin. How is it possible that such a priceless piece remains in a cassette for 40-50 years?

The King's aung Princess Irene with the collier: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...88764ddaed.jpg
Old 02-06-2017, 03:06 PM
Majesty

Very good to see the necklace back in the "main line" of the DRF. Now we just have to wait for Max to wear both the necklace and the tiara together to see the full effect.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Absolutely stunning and I love the way Max is using the ruby tiara as a necklace. When she hits a home run it's out-of-the-park (as we say here in America)!
She is not wearing the diadem as necklace. She wears the necklace which is almost mirroring the diadem. It was the first time in around 50 years that this collier has been seen again. Kudos for Máx to stroll through the jewelry cassettes...
Old 02-06-2017, 04:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
She is not wearing the diadem as necklace. She wears the necklace which is almost mirroring the diadem. It was the first time in around 50 years that this collier has been seen again. Kudos for Máx to stroll through the jewelry cassettes...
Is the necklace also owned by the Orange-Nassau family foundation ? Why has it been worn only by Princess Irene before ?
Old 02-06-2017, 05:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Is the necklace also owned by the Orange-Nassau family foundation ? Why has it been worn only by Princess Irene before ?
The necklace was presented to Irene by her mother. I do not believe the necklace, or other bits of the parure, are owned by the foundation.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The necklace was presented to Irene by her mother. I do not believe the necklace, or other bits of the parure, are owned by the foundation.
How did it go back to the main line of the family then ? If it was owned by Princess Irene, did she sell it back to Queen Beatrix or King Willem-Alexander ?

I understand there is no way to know that for sure, but I'm just curious.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Very good to see the necklace back in the "main line" of the DRF. Now we just have to wait for Max to wear both the necklace and the tiara together to see the full effect.
i think it will looks too much maybe the version that princess irene wore it without the base would look much better and not over the top .
Old 02-06-2017, 06:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
i think it will looks too much maybe the version that princess irene wore it without the base would look much better and not over the top .
Queen Juliana wore it the same way like Máxima did: with base and over a dress. Maybe it needs the base to follow the dress' neckline. When Queen Máxima wears it on skin, it will flow nicely without the static base.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

What a surprise,I'm not a fan of it but it is great to see it still in the family and not sold off!

Tags
jewels, queen maxima