The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-12-2016, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post

Princess Margriet has also worn it as a tiara once, though I don't know the occasion.
I'm not a fan of this tiara at all,I think it looks like an expensive Christmas decoration.

You can see it being worn as a tiara by Princess Margriet and Maxima and as a necklace by Queen Wilhelmina below.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...f63b6d98b2.jpg

Old 11-12-2016, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
She has also worn it once before probly for the annual Gala Dinner for the Diplomatic Corps when there where no üphotos from this Event. There was i believe on picture of her leaving the Royal Palace in Amersterdam.
I think she should war it as necklace again which she has not so far.
Thank you, Stefan. Do you know which year that was?
We can we really happy, they they now now allow a photo moment at the Diplomatic Corps Gala. It's really nice to get decent pics from the event now that WA is King.

I wonder if the A-team will try this tiara again. But I doubt that the Queen will go back to wearing it, except as a necklace.

Old 11-12-2016, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Thank you, Stefan. Do you know which year that was?
We can we really happy, they they now now allow a photo moment at the Diplomatic Corps Gala. It's really nice to get decent pics from the event now that WA is King.
I think it was around 2005. Not sure about the exact year. I can remember that she wore a pink gown. Yes luckily they allow no photgraphers outside the Royal palace after the diploatic Corps Gala but i still can't understand why the not allow 1 or 2 photographers insde.
Old 11-12-2016, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness

Last year I did a post about the tiaras Maxima has worn. Here is the post about the Festoon Tiara. She did wear it twice. For the Corps Diplomatique in what I believe is 2003 and for the Latvian State Visit on January 17, 2005.

It's a truly awful tiara. I thought it was utterly fake when I first saw it.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
Last year I did a post about the tiaras Maxima has worn. Here is the post about the Festoon Tiara. She did wear it twice. For the Corps Diplomatique in what I believe is 2003 and for the Latvian State Visit on January 17, 2005.

It's a truly awful tiara. I thought it was utterly fake when I first saw it.
The diamonds of this festoon necklace / collier have an exceptional quality. Look how it glitters around the neck of Queen Beatrix (0:30 min) see video Compare the difference in glitter with the necklaces of the two other Queens. In real life, worn on the head, it must have a superior sparkle, despite the minimalist design.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:05 AM
Majesty

The Dutch Diamond Bandeau | The Court Jeweller

This tiara is one of my all time favorites. It's regal, elegant, and stunning.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The diamonds of this festoon necklace / collier have an exceptional quality. Look how it glitters around the neck of Queen Beatrix (0:30 min) see video Compare the difference in glitter with the necklaces of the two other Queens. In real life, worn on the head, it must have a superior sparkle, despite the minimalist design.
it's not so much the diamonds, but the design that helps make it look fake. It's a childish design that does nothing to highlight the diamonds. It needs to be dismantled and redone in a better design, imo.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
it's not so much the diamonds, but the design that helps make it look fake. It's a childish design that does nothing to highlight the diamonds. It needs to be dismantled and redone in a better design, imo.
An alinea translated from an article in the magazine Vorsten Royale:

"The jewelry the nine-year-old Princess Wilhelmina received from her father was made by the jeweller Vita Israël in Amsterdam and composed of 'the King's brilliants' as it was called officially. This means that the diamonds were already in Orange-Nassau property for some time. The diamonds were - as was the use at the time - put in silver and set on gold to obtain optimum brilliance.

It was a decorative set consisting of a pair of earhangers and a necklace with as decoration five festoons. In fact however the Princess was showered with a variety of jewelry. To start the festoons could be unscrewed. The necklace could also be worn without the decorations and was, as a rivière, so much more neutral of form. But there were no fewer than three montures included on which the diamonds could be installed to serve as diadems."

For so far we have only seen one monture, and only three times since WWII (Máxima 2x and Margriet 1x).
Old 11-19-2016, 02:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
An alinea translated from an article in the magazine Vorsten Royale:

"The jewelry the nine-year-old Princess Wilhelmina received from her father was made by the jeweller Vita Israël in Amsterdam and composed of 'the King's brilliants' as it was called officially. This means that the diamonds were already in Orange-Nassau property for some time. The diamonds were - as was the use at the time - put in silver and set on gold to obtain optimum brilliance.

It was a decorative set consisting of a pair of earhangers and a necklace with as decoration five festoons. In fact however the Princess was showered with a variety of jewelry. To start the festoons could be unscrewed. The necklace could also be worn without the decorations and was, as a rivière, so much more neutral of form. But there were no fewer than three montures included on which the diamonds could be installed to serve as diadems."

For so far we have only seen one monture, three times (2x Máxima and 1x Margriet).
Somebody should tell them so they can try something else. I'd be interested in seeing what other mounts they can try.
Old 11-29-2016, 12:20 AM
Majesty

Maxima's tiara appearances of 2016:

1 2 3
Old 11-29-2016, 02:39 AM
Royal Highness

THE tiara queen par exellence only had 3 tiara appearances this year?
Old 11-29-2016, 03:56 PM
Majesty

Can anyone recognise the necklace MAxima is wearing at the concert this evening? Is it the tutti-frutti?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cyc0t-aWIAEkNDM.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cyc0vFuW8AAi0sR.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cyc1W4dXEAAfS7d.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/VorstenNL/v...6657880033758/
Old 11-29-2016, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, it looks like the Tutti-Frutti

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...ermark%208.jpg
Old 11-29-2016, 05:59 PM
Royal Highness

The perfect gift for Maxima would be a tutti frutti tiara to complete this parure and add it to the wonderful Dutch collection.
Old 11-29-2016, 11:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Just perfect appearance, the necklace is shown off perfectly.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah!!! Tutti fruitti is my favorite. I have been impatiently waiting for Max to wear this agin!!!!!! The vaults were OPEN, this week!
Old 11-30-2016, 08:52 AM
Majesty

Has the tutti fruitti necklace had some emeralds added to it?
Old 11-30-2016, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Gorgeous necklace! When has she worn it for the last time? I only remember the 40 birthday of WA, has she worn it it since?

Old 12-03-2016, 12:13 PM
Nobility

Is there any close-up of this necklace available? and if i remember, there were some speculations that this necklace was only borrowed???
Old 12-03-2016, 12:14 PM
Nobility

Found it - this is really awesome:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/140807925826947267/

Tags
jewels, queen maxima