The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-20-2016, 10:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Four rivières at least, the bandeau included:
- the bandeau of old rose-cut diamonds (picture)
- the diamond rivière given to Queen Emma (picture)
- the diamond rivière from the feestoon collier given to Princess Wilhelmina (picture)
- a regular diamond rivière or more: a solitaire, of 'normal' sized diamonds (picture)
seeing your post made me think whether maxima will get her own tiara. not that she needs one with the impressive dutch collection of historic tiaras, but who knows...

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-20-2016, 10:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Damn.....I love the Dutch Rubies!!!! Each diamond is an engagement ring...haha. I also Love full on Max!!!!!

Old 05-20-2016, 11:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

I dont think she would get another tiara. I could be wrong. It does happen occasionally.....the Dutch jewels all come apart so there are still things she hasnt worn and new things to be made...!! How fun!
Old 05-20-2016, 12:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
I dont think she would get another tiara. I could be wrong. It does happen occasionally.....the Dutch jewels all come apart so there are still things she hasnt worn and new things to be made...!! How fun!
Last year the King bought an € 800.000,-- ($ 897,000.--) speedboat, they have properties in Greece and Argentina, yesterday it emerged that the King has spent € 1.400.000,-- ($ 1,570,000.--) on new porcelain tableware...

They have already bought new items, some of these pretty expensive: € 60.000,-- ($ 67,500.--) at Christie's for a collier and bracelet of different gemstones (pic), so it is not excluded that the Queen will purchase another diadem. The Court Jeweller was ordered to re-set the famous sapphire-and-diamonds diadem from the Investiture so that there was a flowing round line: the spikey central prong was removed, that was never seen since that diadem first appeared in 1888, (picture) so she has a lot of opportunities.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
seeing your post made me think whether maxima will get her own tiara. not that she needs one with the impressive dutch collection of historic tiaras, but who knows...
In the 1960's Queen Juliana placed all valuables "subservient to the execution of the royal dignity" in foundations. From paintings to jewels. From inventories to carriages. From estates to investment portfolios. From archives to pension funds. Etc. Since then no Dutch Queen or Princess owned "own" jewels other than personal bijoux. Princess Irene has had Bourbon-Parma jewels (picture) but these were owned by the Duke of Parma, and not by herself. This arrangement did not prevent the ladies to be beautifully bejewelled when needed (picture).
Old 05-20-2016, 02:35 PM
Majesty

The ruby brooch is amazing!
Old 05-21-2016, 03:35 AM
Heir Apparent

After the establishment of the Orange-Nassau foundations, full parures have been seen like the one with the House Diamonds and the Mellerio ruby parure. It remains a bit strange that the Queen re-assembles a sapphire in a diamond brooch, while she has an enormous corsage-de-devant, last seen in the late 1970's. That a diamonds-and-sapphires collier has been set on a monture, with parts from another set, to serve as a diadem. That the massive Borneo diamond bracelet has been re-assembled into two bracelets, while the 1901 Wedding Gift Parure has two identical bracelets as well the Mellerio Sapphire Parure having two really enormous bracelets. That the long nog seen items are still apparent are so now and then visible: Máxima wearing the enormous round central diamond from Queen Emma's corsage-de-devant (last seen in 1980) as a pendant during Queen Beatrix' farewell banquet, Princess Laurentien suddenly emerging with a part of the enormous diamond bow brooch: I do not understand the policy. The pieces are there. What prevents Máxima, an absolute lover of wearing grand jewels, to wear the collier with the amazing rectangular thickstone diamonds? What makes her to assemble a ruby in a sapphire brooch rather than wearing 40-years not full seen ruby pieces? Were the events so far not grand enough for wearing the grandest pieces?
Old 05-21-2016, 04:18 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

She was not wearing a ruby in a sapphire brooch, but the lower middle part of the ruby stomacher. The complete stomacher would have been nice on a simple dress like she was wearing, but hopefully next time...

http://fast.mediamatic.nl/f/tqgr/ima...63-789-800.jpg
Old 05-21-2016, 05:04 AM
Heir Apparent

I stand corrected, it looked very similar to Queen Emma's diamond pendant with a large central sapphire, regularly seen on Beatrix. The take-out of the spectacular corsage is a sign it is still in the cassettes indeed. On a plain black or darkblue dress, with no diadem, no collier, only the hair in a chignon, Queen Máxima can make a dazzling entrée, with that waterfall of rubies and diamonds. I have seen Queen Juliana wearing it on newsreel videos and it is really spectacular in real life. Fingers crossed. We have seen State Visits to Japan and Denmark with a grand bejewelled Queen. Let us see how she will dress with her first incoming royal State Visit (Belgium). The corsage-de-devant for the black tie event of the second day?
Old 07-05-2016, 09:29 AM
Majesty

Max reused the ruby and diamond earrings from their Insuguration Day evenung event yesterday whilst hosting the visiting Greek President
Old 07-08-2016, 12:55 AM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Dutch Sapphire Necklace Tiara

This tiara is very beautiful and elegant. The design is just exquisite. I hope Maxima wears it again.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I would like to see it reserved solely for use by the queen and it must be a favourite of Máxima's given its prominence at the 2013 Dutch Investiture Ceremony .
Old 07-28-2016, 12:33 AM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Mellerio Ruby Tiara

I love this tiara. It's regal, elegant, and the rest of the parure is stunning. The necklace is especially beautiful.
Old 07-29-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Mellerio Ruby Tiara

I love this tiara. It's regal, elegant, and the rest of the parure is stunning. The necklace is especially beautiful.
One of my favorite tiaras of the Dutch RF :) I've seen this piece in real (what a sparkling) when Queen Maxima left the Royal Palace in Amsterdam after the annual banquet for Corps Diplomatique.
Old 08-21-2016, 04:06 PM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Inauguration Special: Máxima's Tiaras, Revisited

Maxima has a grand and beautiful tiara collection. By favorite is the Wurttemberg tiara.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Back in Ye Olde Days the Queen still 'did' provincial visits lasting a couple of days, with gala receptions. Here a visit of Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard to Maastricht, the capital of Limburg (south of the Netherlands).

At 20 minutes in this video you can see a sparkling corsage worn by Queen Juliana and I think it is this one, as worn by Queen Máxima. On a picture it can look pretty dull but luckily Queen Juliana showed the surprising sparkle coming from it.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:48 AM
Commoner

What extraordinary nostalgic film of Maastricht and Limburg. The public manifestations Catholic Limburg are joyously juxtaposed with the visit of the House of Orange with the glittering bejewelled Juliana who is rapturously greeted by all. Is Maastricht really the birthplace of the European Union with tolerance and religious and national integration?
Old 09-04-2016, 11:20 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

What a nice find. I do not think that up to now any footage or photos of Juliana and the piece has been known.
Old 09-04-2016, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalriada View Post
What extraordinary nostalgic film of Maastricht and Limburg. The public manifestations Catholic Limburg are joyously juxtaposed with the visit of the House of Orange with the glittering bejewelled Juliana who is rapturously greeted by all. Is Maastricht really the birthplace of the European Union with tolerance and religious and national integration?
I think Rome is the birthplace of the European Union (1957, Treaty of Rome). But Maastricht indeed is very Catholic in culture. It is more the exterior than the interior. Also in Limburg the churches are empty on normal Sundays, so it is a bit superficial. Every 7 years there is a so-called Heiligdomsvaart in Maastricht, by far the biggest religious procession in the Benelux. Strangely enough (or maybe not so strange) never a member of the royal family has visited the procession. I really hope to see the Catholic Queen Máxima attending this event (in 2018).
Old 09-04-2016, 06:38 PM
Commoner

Since Maxima has joined the Royal House, I have yet to see her demonstrate any personal Catholic affiliation within the Kingdom. I wonder are there any incidence of crucifix (not cross) rosary or mantilla wearing? Perhaps she will find suffrage to wear in her old age when Beatrix has gone?

Tags
jewels, queen maxima