Queen Máxima Jewels 1: 2013 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm down. IMO - a modern take on the venerable scarab, much loved in ancient Egypt (and likely elsewhere, but I am not an anthropologist/archaeologist/symbolist)

Still not beautiful - but very Max. I hope someday in some interview that someone asks her why the bugs and arachnids? This is not a flirtation - she is collecting them. Some days, I imagine the catalogues of Max's personal costume and semi-precious baubles once she is gone. It will be every bit as remarkable and more than the Duchess of Windsor's collection.

Beautiful necklace. Much better this time I must say, against bare skin, really shines.

This emerald necklace is one of my favourite pieces amongst all the royal jewels - I'm so glad Maxima wore it again!

Stunning emerald jewels but for me totally mismatched with the dress.

And only Max can go from a giant cockroach necklace to state jewels in the blink of an eye.

Seeking attention or what here......this is just a horrible way to enter a country for a state visit.

She just arrived at the airport in non-official capacity, that is all. Nothing to do with the State Visit.

Don't hit me, but I don't mind the giant beetle. :hiding: It's eye-catching, modern, fresh, fun... and won't certainly be seen often. So no panic. :flowers:

Those emeralds at the banquet were great, I really enjoyed seeing them on her again. The tiara still would be nice with two more emerald prongs to make it more substantial and to give it a more balanced look. And the necklace is very yummy, if you ask me. I really loved seeing it again. And great choice to wear emeralds as a not to the Portuguese flag.

Those emeralds at the banquet were great, I really enjoyed seeing them on her again. The tiara still would be nice with two more emerald prongs to make it more substantial and to give it a more balanced look. And the necklace is very yummy, if you ask me. I really loved seeing it again. And great choice to wear emeralds as a not to the Portuguese flag.

I agree, two more prongs on the tiara would be great. Wonder why they don't retrieve them from the pair of earrings that were made with the original prongs from the tiara?

She looked great tonight, I love it when she wears brooches in her hair. And I'm looking forward to a better pic of the necklace.

She looked great tonight, I love it when she wears brooches in her hair. And I'm looking forward to a better pic of the necklace.
Or might it be one of the ears of wheat brooches in her hair?

Wow!! She looks incredible!!!! I would Love to see her jewelry cases for this visit!!! She has brought some loot!!!! Beautiful dress also.

The jewels are fabulous and just perfect. Only thing is, stripes on any woman going any which way is not IMHO a good thing to wear so the gown is a huge miss for me. Not one of her best looks tonight.

The jewels are fabulous and just perfect. Only thing is, stripes on any woman going any which way is not IMHO a good thing to wear so the gown is a huge miss for me. Not one of her best looks tonight.

I thought it was fabulous for an evening at the theatre, look at the spectacular effect of the flowing cape catching wind, the whole ensemble completed with beautiful jewels: picture.

Stripes when done right an be beautiful. If it was an entire gown of stripes perhaps not. But this is one stripe. And the angle of it looks beautiful when in motion, with the cape out behind her.

I thought it was fabulous for an evening at the theatre, look at the spectacular effect of the flowing cape catching wind, the whole ensemble completed with beautiful jewels: picture.

I do understand about the way the wind caught the cape and gown itself, yet my eye went right to the black stripe across the middle, even though it is a dramatic gown for the evening, it is not something I would wear as I do not like stripes on any thing. So given that it is a miss IMHO. And I do not even own a single piece of clothing with stripes....just not my thing!?

Very theatrical, I agree, I quite like the cape element of the dress, though I am not sure the stripe element, if I could call it that, do very much for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom