Queen Máxima Jewels 1: 2013 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have preferred an up hair do with this rather grand pearl tiara!

I agree. She looks beautiful but a tiara - especially one that big - needs at least some of the hair to be styled and up to look good. The tiara just looks very random on top of the long, unstyled hair, like she decided to plop it on at the last minute. (Who knows, maybe she did).

Actually the whole picture is random - Maxima is in tiara and a beautiful dress while WA looks like an intern who just got off work and rushed over from the office.

:previous: Probably did. As discussed in other thread, the king gets dressed there. Maxima obviously needs more time for dress, hair and makeup. Though not an updo, her hair was certainly styled.

Great to see the tiara on her. But I agree, tiaras need elegant updos.

Oh, Max what happened? If you are going to bring out the Big Guns then you have to supply the ammunition. A really fabulous updo, tiara on straight, a fabulous Gala Gown (think Victoria in the red Nobel gown), think of a palate to paint the jewels on. A fabulous brooch on the shoulder, another at the waist, bracelets on your wrists and in the back of your updo a la Queen Silvia.

Instead, you wore a nice enough little evening gown that screamed: "I want to fade into the wallpaper tonight". Ant the big gun whimpered! That's what you wear to a nice little dinner or formal family birthday party, not the Diplomatic Corps Reception!

Has anyone checked her temperature?

Last edited:
Personally, I don't think the issue was the gown, it was the hairstyle. The hairstyle was just not suitable for such a large and imposing tiara.

The Mellerio Ruby Parure looks fantastic with this red dress.
Even though Maxima's hair can sometimes look disastrous during the daytime events, for the evening she usually delivers. Love her soft updo and it goes well with the tiara.

Is this the complete parure?

I like it very much too.
Only with the side parted hair, it gives the impression that the tiara is not standing straight on her head.

No it is not, the stomacher is sadly missing in action. It could actually have worked on this dress, without a sash.

Is that a new pair of pearl and diamond earrings that Queen Máxima is wearing at the inauguration of the National Monument MH17 at the Park Vijfhuizen on 17 July?

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 **

No, that is her personal white pearl set, consisting of earrings and a necklace. She has the same set in Tahiti-pearls as well. Both she has worn since 2002.

I really hope the mellerio Ruby Tiara will stay in the Vault for a couple of years.. she has so many Tiaras she could wear in different ways but still she always choose the same :(

I really hope the mellerio Ruby Tiara will stay in the Vault for a couple of years.. she has so many Tiaras she could wear in different ways but still she always choose the same :(

Her two top choices seem to be the Mellerio Ruby and Queen Emma's sapphire tiara. I wish she would wear the Dutch emerald tiara more often, maybe on the state visit to Portugal.

It has been one of the few successful transformations of a necklace into a tiara IMHO. Still, I would love to see it as a necklace one day.

Actually I prefer it as a tiara, especially since the small diamond shaped elements from Queen Emma's sapphire parure have been added to the tiara. I wonder if the necklace is now fixed on the tiara frame or if it is now one of these lego-jewels that easily come apart again.

Seeking attention or what here......this is just a horrible way to enter a country for a state visit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeking attention or what here......this is just a horrible way to enter a country for a state visit.

Yes the necklace is ugly

This is an unofficial arrival. This is not some kind of event. Now if she is dressed like this when they have their official greeting, I'd be complaining.

Hiddeous necklace thing. Bug jewelry is hit or miss, huge beetles total miss.

Thank you Countessmeout, I worded that comment completely wrong and should know better. In growing up I have learned that at times people do things to get attention......I will admit that I have done that and there are times when her jewelry is so outlandish......this is a big one for the *Bug* is out right ugly and should be buried in the back yard. How could anyone wear it puzzles me beyond words....:ohmy:

What on earth is that? :ohmy: A bug on a sword, hanging at the middle of her body... where do you buy such a thing? Maybe a prop from the set of Indiana Jones?

Edit: according to modekoninginmaxima.nl the thing around her neck is from Jan Taminiau.

Last edited:
Good Lord that is hideous,I hope we never see that beetle piece ever again unless as a Hallowe'en decoration.

Max in emeralds this evening gor the state banquet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom