The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-16-2015, 01:13 AM
Heir Apparent

The brooch is just beautiful the tiara I love the earrings I want them for my own ... but the dress lets it all down IMO ....

Old 04-16-2015, 05:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
The brooch looks out of place indeed, and it looks as if it lacks a pendant, which it does. Very odd, which suits the odd dress I suppose. At least she added the upper bow to the brooch. Let's hope one day we will see the full version. The other jewels are nice but I had hoped for something more surprising.
I agree, the brooch does look out of place.

The earrings were lovely. Do we have better pictures? I presume these date back to Queen Emma.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:30 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

the stones may date back to Queen Emma but she never wore earrings. Neither did Queen Wilhelmina.
Queen Juliana wore these earrings regulary, usually paired with parts of the Stuart parure or bandeau.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Those diamond centre-stones in the enormous sévigné (bow brooch) are beyond belief. Imagine the total carat power when that brooch is worn in full setting, with all large diamond pendants atteched to it. The carat power of Máxima's bow brooch alone easily matches a couple of diadems counted together. All in all I am happy the Queen remained "understated" because despite that, she was amongst the best bejewelled ladies in the quality, the provenance, the size and the value of the stones she wore (diadem, large diamond earrings, large sévigné, large diamond bracelets, etc.). The focus was Queen Margrethe, who herself was relatively "calm" bejewelled.

Picture from the Nationaal Archief: http://afbeeldingen.gahetna.nl/naa/t...f7bca0662c.jpg (click on the picture itself to expand it).

Queen Máxima wore the sévigné with double bows, in the middle two large centre-stones.

When worn in full version there are six large centre-stone diamonds (two thickstone square, two thickstone round and two thickstone heartshaped diamonds) extra plus 5 eye-popping large diamond pendants... In full version this brooch is worth capitals. Queen Máxima will wear that for the most important State Banquets, we may assume. Strange that Queen Beatrix never was interested in this sévigné with such very, very old diamonds from generations of Orange-Nassaus.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:58 AM
Heir Apparent

We all remember the diamond-studded Queen Máxima at the Rijksmuseum (farewell banquet at the Rijksmuseum).

Now Sotheby's will sell a diamond rivière worn by the late Mary Innes-Kerr nee Crewe-Milnes, Duchess of Roxburghe. It is estimated at around 500.000 Euro.

This rivière is comparable with what Queen Máxima was wearing around the neck (without the enormous pendant). The stones in the Bandeau are much bigger than the stones in the rivière at sale. Probably they will get a result between € 750.000,-- and 1 million Euro. So when people are complaining about Máxima wearing "just" a bandeau: most likely she blows all other ladies away by the sheer power and value of her simple stones alone...
Old 04-25-2015, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow! That first picture is gorgeous! And that looks like a Max dress too.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Good to know Duc et Pair. I need one of those necklaces...badly!!!!!!hahahaha.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:46 PM
Majesty

Maxima has worn her long ruby earring today. Looks good.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Maxima has worn her long ruby earring today. Looks good.
The Queen removed her earrings during an invisible moment... At the one arm the Queen wore two ruby bracelets and at the other arm a golden chain-bracelet with various gemstones.

http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realeza.../maxima3-a.jpg

http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realeza.../maxima1-a.jpg

Old 04-27-2015, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I was gonna say- no ruby earrings!
Old 04-28-2015, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I imagine Maxima took the earrings off because they weren't too comfortable. They're made to match her dress and composed of the same beads as the two small panels on the left side of her waist: Picture 1, Picture 2
They're pretty chunky/broad earrings. I know I wouldn't be able to stand the beads poking me on the side of my face for too long.

Here are a few closeups:
1. Detail of the beaded panels on the dress
2-3. The matching bead earrings
4. bracelets on the right hand
5. bracelet on the left hand

*All images have been heavily cropped, comprising less than 20% of the original versions and are not subject to copyright
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	max2.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	294601   Click image for larger version

Name:	max1.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	294602   Click image for larger version

Name:	max.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	294603  
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2015, 03:41 AM
Majesty

King's Day Jewels 2015 | The Court Jeweller

I don't like either pair of earrings but I do love the blue and red bracelets.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:33 AM
Heir Apparent

That was nicely done by the Queen, those bracelets. Red, white and blue are the colours of the Dutch flag...
Old 05-04-2015, 03:32 AM
Majesty

Queen Máxima's Tutti Frutti Jewels | The Court Jeweller

At first I disliked these jewels, but now I love them. I love the colors. The necklace and bracelet are very stunning.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

One of my favorite sets as I love tutti fruitti. I have the matching ring. Maybe Max could borrow it.......haha!!
Old 05-05-2015, 10:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Max has the emeraald butterfly brooch in her hair tonight!!!!
Old 05-06-2015, 04:09 AM
Majesty

The butterfly looks great.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

A pic from PPE showing Maxima with the emerald butterfly brooch: [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Old 05-08-2015, 09:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

There are some great pics in ppe-agency from the day that Max wore the white dress last week. I love the one with the pearl ring and bracelet. Great close ups!! Help me post!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2015, 02:18 AM
Majesty

Queen Máxima's Wedding Tiara | The Court Jeweller

This tiara is very lovely and elegant.

Tags
jewels, queen maxima